PDA

View Full Version : How Much of a Receiving Threat will Willis McGahee be This Season?

Meathead
07-18-2006, 05:06 PM
and please no dropsies

YardRat
07-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Willis isn't much of a threat coming out of the backfield...I expect him to do better than previous years, but not much.

jamze132
07-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Willis isn't much of a threat coming out of the backfield...I expect him to do better than previous years, but not much.
I disagree. I don't think he has been given the opportunity coming out of the backfield. Hell, Mularkay used to bench him on third downs. If you ask me that is the ideal time to throw a screen or to the flats after a playaction. I think given the chance, he can really shine and put up Marshal Faulk type numbers in this system. I think Fairchild understands this as well.

LifetimeBillsFan
07-20-2006, 03:49 AM
Willis was a very good receiver out of the backfield in college and I really don't understand why he hasn't been used more in that way as a pro.

While I don't think that they will go crazy throwing the ball to him a lot this season, I can see him getting a significant number of touches in the passing game this season, especially since comments that have been made during the OTAs seem to indicate that they want the QBs to check down to the RBs right away if their primary receivers are not open and they have reportedly worked on more screens in practice than in the past. I don't know if they will use Willis as a receiver as much as LT or Tiki, etc. or if the Bills have will have the offensive line cohesion early in the season to make them go to him that often, but I can see him getting the ball in the passing game more and more as the season progresses. But, it will be up to Willis to show that he can catch the ball and make positive yardage afterwards early on in the season to build some confidence in him as a receiving option as the season goes on.