PDA

View Full Version : First Smith, now Pat LaFontaine

LABillsFan
07-18-2006, 08:56 PM
The fallout continues on Long Island.
New York Islanders senior adviser Pat LaFontaine advised Islanders owner Charles Wang on Tuesday night that he is resigning, a source told The Canadian Press.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/NYIslanders/2006/07/18/1691228-cp.html

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-18-2006, 10:39 PM
The fallout continues on Long Island.
New York Islanders senior adviser Pat LaFontaine advised Islanders owner Charles Wang on Tuesday night that he is resigning, a source told The Canadian Press.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/NYIslanders/2006/07/18/1691228-cp.html

Now that he's out of the Islanders org. :idea: the Sabres should hire him to replace Scott Arneil I think he would make one hell of an assistant coach and he could make Briere a superstar since Briere is molded out of the same mold as Lafontaine. He could also help Afinogenov put the puck in the net. Briere said in the interview the night we retired #16 to the rafters that he grew up idolizing LaFontaine. Or the SABRES could fill Don Luce's spot in the scouting dept. LALALALALA LaFontaine!!!!

JD
07-18-2006, 11:27 PM
didnt even kno he was with the fisherman?

LABillsFan
07-18-2006, 11:48 PM
I don't know how he would do as a coach, but I'd like to see him in the organization at some level. He has exactly what Ruff is building in the Sabres.

Michael82
07-19-2006, 03:35 PM
I don't know how he would do as a coach, but I'd like to see him in the organization at some level. He has exactly what Ruff is building in the Sabres.
And let's face it, he realized that the Islanders brought him to NY just to be a "face" of the team. It was like what happened with Dan Marino with the Dolphins. Once he realized he had no say, he wanted out. i dont blame him.

LABillsFan
07-19-2006, 11:26 PM
And let's face it, he realized that the Islanders brought him to NY just to be a "face" of the team. It was like what happened with Dan Marino with the Dolphins. Once he realized he had no say, he wanted out. i dont blame him.

Pretty much thought the same myself. He could be a good "face" to put on the admin.