PDA

View Full Version : SI Banks on Bills

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 10:54 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/07/11/tc.preview.afc.east/1.html

Potential land mine<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Watch the Marv Levy experiment in Buffalo. You want to give the Bills' Hall of Fame former head coach the benefit of the doubt in his new role as the team's general manager, but so far he has inspired mostly doubts. His hiring of ex-Bears head coach Dick Jauron after Mike Mularkey's surprise resignation didn't get the honeymoon off to the fastest of starts, and critics said Buffalo reached for both safety Donte Whitner and defensive tackle John McCargo in the first round. Spending money to bring receiver Peerless Price -- a failure in both Atlanta and Dallas -- back to town also seemed foolish to many. Levy needs some early success from the Bills to build support for his program and to buy the organization a little time.

THATHURMANATOR
07-19-2006, 10:57 AM
That is the easy way out. What a realist the author of this article is.

Saratoga Slim
07-19-2006, 11:19 AM
regardless of what he says in this article, I've yet to be impressed by Banks. He always seems to be master of the obvious. I've yet to read an article he's written with any new perspective.

Carlton Bailey
07-19-2006, 11:42 AM
That article didn't say anything we didn't already know. And SI paid him the big bucks for that? Come on.

Mr. Cynical
07-19-2006, 01:07 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/07/11/tc.preview.afc.east/1.html

Potential land mine<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Watch the Marv Levy experiment in Buffalo. You want to give the Bills' Hall of Fame former head coach the benefit of the doubt in his new role as the team's general manager, but so far he has inspired mostly doubts. His hiring of ex-Bears head coach Dick Jauron after Mike Mularkey's surprise resignation didn't get the honeymoon off to the fastest of starts, and critics said Buffalo reached for both safety Donte Whitner and defensive tackle John McCargo in the first round. Spending money to bring receiver Peerless Price -- a failure in both Atlanta and Dallas -- back to town also seemed foolish to many. Levy needs some early success from the Bills to build support for his program and to buy the organization a little time.

While nothing new, the validity of the information is still accurate and clear to all but the homers.

Mitchy moo
07-19-2006, 01:12 PM
While nothing new, the validity of the information is still accurate and clear to all but the homers.

If Donte picks off 10 balls this year will it be a stretch anymore? See the problem is saying what someone might do and what they do, do is 2 different things. People can go good or bad on you pretty quick, look at Fat Mike williams. He shows up @ 400 LBS and expects to have a job? Let's see how it plays out before the downtrodding begins.

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 01:18 PM
If Donte picks off 10 balls this year will it be a stretch anymore? See the problem is saying what someone might do and what they do, do is 2 different things. People can go good or bad on you pretty quick, look at Fat Mike williams. He shows up @ 400 LBS and expects to have a job? Let's see how it plays out before the downtrodding begins.
You totally lost me here.

Mitchy moo
07-19-2006, 01:19 PM
You totally lost me here.

No, actually you did that on your own.

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 01:25 PM
POST EDITED

Mitchy moo
07-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Looks like a TOS violation to me.

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 01:29 PM
A Jpeg is a tos?
Then you should be SHOT to death for openly hoping that Ralph Wilson would DIE so the Bills would be better off.

Captain gameboy
07-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Does this clown have a personal view, or is he parroting others in a whimpy attempt to assert a point with immunity.

"and critics said Buffalo reached.."

"also seemed foolish to many."

These sportswriters suck.

THATHURMANATOR
07-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Looks like a TOS violation to me.
Don't be a Skooby! We Homers are tougher than that!

Amare
07-19-2006, 01:41 PM
That is the easy way out. What a ****** realist the author of this article is.Def.

Mitchy moo
07-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Don't be a pussy Skooby! We Homers are tougher than that!

Calling people names is not cool nor should it be tolerated, it's 8th grade BS.

Amare
07-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Don't be a pussy Skooby! We Homers are tougher than that!Damn Right!

Amare
07-19-2006, 01:45 PM
A Jpeg is a tos?
Then you should be SHOT to death for openly hoping that Ralph Wilson would DIE so the Bills would be better off.Thats ****ed up!

THATHURMANATOR
07-19-2006, 01:46 PM
:candle:

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 01:50 PM

So is whining about "TOS" everytime you get offended on a grown-up message board.

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Thats ****ed up!
Not as F'd up as his threads and crusade to wish death on Ralph Wilson a few months ago when rumors surfaced about the Bills leaving Buffalo.

Amare
07-19-2006, 01:51 PM
True^

bigbub2352
07-19-2006, 01:53 PM
I like how they say nfl experts, well arent those guys reading the same magazines, and going to the same websites as everybody else, i mean really, i remember when we took Fat Williams, and Chris Berman Mel Kiper Jr, Ron Jaws and the rest of them saying he is a sure hit cant miss prospect, he was on the rookie welcome to the nfl video, played in celebrity golf tournaments, people were saying he has a bright future in commentating, now he is 400lbs and cant even make a roster, Please to all the expert writers out there, watch the game and comment after how the guy played, did Mel Kiper Jr, ever even play footbal, i am not sure about Mike Mayock and his lisp either, Point being and it will always remain U NEVER KNOW!

Mr. Cynical
07-19-2006, 02:28 PM
grown-up message board.

An oxymoron if there ever was one. :;

DraftBoy
07-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Keep the posts on target or I will be forced to close this thread

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Keep the posts on target or I will be forced to close this thread

IN all due respect DRaftboy. The subject of the thread is someone thinking the Bills are going to suck.. So I'm kinda surprised that the thread isn't automatically shut down already on that basis alone.

DraftBoy
07-19-2006, 04:12 PM
IN all due respect DRaftboy. The subject of the thread is someone thinking the Bills are going to suck.. So I'm kinda surprised that the thread isn't automatically shut down already on that basis alone.

I dont care if the subject is whether the Bills suck, get moved, win the SB, or start the next armageddon, just stop acting like children and keep the discussion pertinent to what you posted. Its not a big request. If you have an issue with threads that have been closed recently feel free to pm me and Ill happily discuss then, and thank you for the respect.

THATHURMANATOR
07-19-2006, 04:16 PM
That is the easy way out. What a realist the author of this article is.
:mad:

THATHURMANATOR
07-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Don't be a Skooby! We Homers are tougher than that!

DraftBoy
07-19-2006, 04:19 PM

Come on, you gotta atleast saying "Dont be a skooby" has some very humorous potential.

Luisito23
07-19-2006, 05:23 PM
I wish this Banks character lived next door to me just so I could slap the **** otta him.....:mad: :mad:

GO BILLS!!!!!

Mr. Pink
07-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Don't you know any "negative" press is always wrong and the "positive" press is automatically right?

That's the way it works around here, Patrick stop publishing about negativity.

To quote Curtis Martin "I'm no longer talking negative about this team, if you want to talk to me, you have to keep it positive."

justasportsfan
07-19-2006, 06:56 PM
interesting PAt. If you really think a lot of the posters here are homers as in "the bills can do no wrong or are going to the playoffs", name them.

The only thing I've seen from you is that you lack a sense of humor.

Goobylal
07-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Pessimism is an easy defense mechanism. You can never be disappointed.

Yay easy!

G. Host
07-19-2006, 09:54 PM
[critics said Buffalo reached for both safety Donte Whitner and defensive tackle John McCargo in the first round.

Critics/Cynics == writing by wiping their asses with papers and calling it journalism.

Goobylal
07-19-2006, 10:13 PM
If you can do, do. If you can't do, teach. If you can't do or teach, criticize.

Jan Reimers
07-20-2006, 04:13 AM
The only way for the Bills to quiet the naysayers and gloom and doomers on this board - and the negative all-knowing media - is to win on the field. Period.

jamze132
07-20-2006, 07:07 AM
I don't know about anyone else on here but I am kind of getting tired of reading nothing but negative articles about Buffalo on this message board. It's "realists" searching for articles through any type of media and starting threads about it. It's old, boring, and not very supportive. And I know what the thread starter is going to say. He'll say that if I don't like it, I don't have to read it. True, but he can stop posting crap everyday on here too.

ParanoidAndroid
07-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Pessimism is an easy defense mechanism. You can never be disappointed.

Yay easy!

I see your point, but it isn't that simple. In fact, the pessimists are just being dishonest to themselves, because they are actually hopeful, and will suffer disappointment. The pessimism is a facade that makes them feel better for at least being right about sucking.

ParanoidAndroid
07-20-2006, 11:14 AM
If you can do, do. If you can't do, teach. If you can't do or teach, criticize.

As a teacher, I am biased on the subject, but also tired of this misconception. If you ask the people that "do" how they feel about their teachers, many will tell you that their teachers will forget more than they themselves know. It takes a high level of understanding to be able to teach. Don't forget that teachers are the ones who produce the "doers."