PDA

View Full Version : Plain and Simple

Amare
07-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Who is the best player on this team and why?
My Pick- Willis

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 01:51 PM
You asked the question "who is the best player on the team- and why" yet you only say Willis. Enlighten us with WHY

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 01:53 PM
The best player on this team is Terrance McGee. .He's the BEST kick returner in football, he's improving at corner to the point I think he'll be as good as Clements by the end of this year, furthering the cause to NOT sign that cocky ******* to a franchise-player contract.. With McGee and youboty we wont need him.

Moorman is second, and I'm not joking.

Amare
07-19-2006, 01:53 PM
I want to see somebody tell me another player on this team that can take over a game and make plays on a consistent basis. In my eyes no one else comes close.

Devin
07-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Mike Gandy. j/k

Well until last year id have said Clements, at the present time id have to say McGee as was evidenced against the Bengals. Hes quietly becoming a hell of a CB. I dont believe he has the physical stature to pair up against big WR's but hes probably the best #2 CB in the NFL and a solid #1 on some teams.

Mitchy moo
07-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Most talented on the team- Willis

Best Player- Moorman - He buries our opponents almost everytime he steps up, what more can you ask for from one player?

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Most talented on the team- Willis

Best Player- Moorman - He buries our opponents almost everytime he steps up, what more can you ask for from one player?
To not have to punt 8-9 times per game?

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 02:05 PM
I want to see somebody tell me another player on this team that can take over a game and make plays on a consistent basis. In my eyes no one else comes close.
I've seen some solid games from Willis, but I've yet to really see him take games over, especially consistently.. I think Lee Evans is closer to that stature than Willis, especially if Price and Reed dont suck like they have the past few years and one or both of them step up to stop him from being quadruple teamed every passing down.

L.A. Playa
07-19-2006, 02:08 PM
I would have to say Willis, compare his first 2 years to Barry Sanders first 2 years

Sanders 2700 yds and 27 tds

Mc Gahee 2400 uds and 18 tds

and take into consideration that McGahee started 2004 on the bench and most agree he was not utilized properly last year

The best player on the team is McGahee he was just not utilized properly last year

Mitchy moo
07-19-2006, 02:11 PM
To not have to punt 8-9 times per game?

That has nothing to do with Moorman, nor is it fair to imply that. When he is called upon he single-handedly performs a vast majority of the time.

The King
Either T-Mac or Spikes.

They both bring their A game every week. Do whats asked of them and constantly put it additional time to make themselves and this team better. Also they let their performance do the talking, not their mouths.

They do this while Willis practices in Miami with his friends.

Mr. Pink
Plain and Simple?

The best player on this team last year wasn't on the field most of the year. Takeo Spikes, without question. Adds in run stopping and has/had the speed to keep up with TEs and RBs in the flat not too mention getting at the QB.

A lot of this season hinges on how far he is recovered from the injury.

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 02:13 PM
I would have to say Willis, compare his first 2 years to Barry Sanders first 2 years

Sanders 2700 yds and 27 tds

Mc Gahee 2400 uds and 18 tds

and take into consideration that McGahee started 2004 on the bench and most agree he was not utilized properly last year

The best player on the team is McGahee he was just not utilized properly last year
Congratulations.

That is the first comparision I ever heard in my life between Barry Sanders and Willis McGahee.

PS- I also hope its the last.

L.A. Playa
07-19-2006, 02:16 PM
comparing stats not running style or ability, when Willis runs for over 100 yds and given the ball the Bills have won, when the bills throw a pass on the goaline up by 21 pts they lose

Mr. Pink
07-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Jim Brown ran for 2469 yards in his first two years and 27 TDs
McGahee 2375 and 18 TDs
Gale Sayers 2098 and 22 TDs
Walter Payton 2069 and 20 TDs
Emmitt Smith 2500 and 23 TDs

Gee by your math Playa, Willis surely will become one of the ALL-TIME greats! I never looked at it like that!

Mitchy moo
07-19-2006, 02:20 PM
comparing stats not running style or ability, when Willis runs for over 100 yds and given the ball the Bills have won, when the bills throw a pass on the goaline up by 21 pts they lose

first down in an opposing stadium as well. I have an idea let's send the same person who called that play back to Miami to be their offensive coordinator, hahahhahahh :dance: .

Mr. Cynical
07-19-2006, 02:22 PM
The chef.

Mr. Pink
07-19-2006, 02:22 PM

I still love how the playcalling is what is questioned here. Because NO ONE ever throws at the goaline do they? Oh wait teams do. But when it works it's a good call and the coach was smart. God forbid ANYONE around here would ever blame JP for poor execution right? It's all Mularkeys fault.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

L.A. Playa
07-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Jim Brown ran for 2469 yards in his first two years and 27 TDs
McGahee 2375 and 18 TDs
Gale Sayers 2098 and 22 TDs
Walter Payton 2069 and 20 TDs
Emmitt Smith 2500 and 23 TDs

Gee by your math Playa, Willis surely will become one of the ALL-TIME greats! I never looked at it like that!

if used right yes, what many of you forget was that before his injury McGahee was consideredthe best RB prospect to come out of college since Bo Jackson

L.A. Playa
07-19-2006, 02:24 PM
I still love how the playcalling is what is questioned here. Because NO ONE ever throws at the goaline do they? Oh wait teams do. But when it works it's a good call and the coach was smart. God forbid ANYONE around here would ever blame JP for poor execution right? It's all Mularkeys fault.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

calling the play while up by 21 was a mistake plain and simple, the terrible execution of the play was all on JP

Mr. Pink
07-19-2006, 02:31 PM
calling the play while up by 21 was a mistake plain and simple, the terrible execution of the play was all on JP

See there lies the problem. It was a mistake because of poor execution. If it worked, it's a brilliant call. And instead of seeing complaints about it, we woulda seen comments like "what a hell of a playcall on that 1st and goal to seal the game. Miami never thought we were gonna pass, gutsy ballsy call by Mularkey to put the stake in the heart."

Look at the Superbowl, the WR reverse pass by Randle El, if that balls picked off by Seattle then everyone and I mean everyone blasts Cowher and the Offensive Coordinator for such a horrible risky call. But the execution was there, it worked, and it's brilliant.

Mr. Cynical
07-19-2006, 02:37 PM
IMO, Willis won't be on the Bills roster once his contract is up (and possible before then). Rosendouche used the Bills to get him 1st round money and has probably been telling Willis "Be patient" while he tees up a more successful, warm weather team for him to play on.

I hope it doesn't happen because I think he could really be one for the books but let's face it, WM is a U guy and isn't exactly a "bring your lunch pail" kind of player that usually sticks around Buffalo.

L.A. Playa
07-19-2006, 02:54 PM
See there lies the problem. It was a mistake because of poor execution. If it worked, it's a brilliant call. And instead of seeing complaints about it, we woulda seen comments like "what a hell of a playcall on that 1st and goal to seal the game. Miami never thought we were gonna pass, gutsy ballsy call by Mularkey to put the stake in the heart."

Look at the Superbowl, the WR reverse pass by Randle El, if that balls picked off by Seattle then everyone and I mean everyone blasts Cowher and the Offensive Coordinator for such a horrible risky call. But the execution was there, it worked, and it's brilliant.

big difference is the timing of the call while I do agree with you to a point, when you are up 21 if you run and fail at least you kick the FG and go up 24

Devin
07-20-2006, 12:33 PM

Actually imo it was the actual call. Sure if it works....great........thats a big if. Pound it in 3 times. If it fails kick a FG and we still likely win. Some points are better then none.

jamze132
07-20-2006, 01:08 PM
So you are saying that McGahee can take over a game and make plays consistently? uh...

jamze132
07-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Nice post. To caviat that, just about any team in the NFL wins the game when their running back runs for more than a 100 yards.

patmoran2006
07-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Buffalo was 7-0 in 2004 when Willis ran for 100 yards.

jamze132
07-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Buffalo was 7-0 in 2004 when Willis ran for 100 yards.
I think you can look at just about any team in the NFL and find that they have a winning record when their running back runs for 100 yards.

mybills
07-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Marv.
Because he's Marv.

:D

Historian
07-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Lee Evans.

He's got pillows for hands and can flat out fly.

The_Philster
07-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Either T-Mac or Spikes.

They both bring their A game every week. Do whats asked of them and constantly put it additional time to make themselves and this team better. Also they let their performance do the talking, not their mouths.

They do this while Willis practices in Miami with his friends.
ditto :up:

Jan Reimers
07-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Before his injury, Spikes. He was - and might be again - a dominant, impact LB.

I like Terrence McGee and Lee Evans now, pending Spikes' recovery.

(I'm surprised there isn't more sentiment for Clements, who I think is somewhat overrated.)

YardRat
07-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Terrance McGee...great returner, good corner, is a threat to take it all the way whenever he touches the ball. Playing on two squads ups his value.

Amare
07-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Nope.... Willis ran for 143 against the falcons and we still lose?

Mitchy moo
07-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Nope.... Willis ran for 143 against the falcons and we still lose?

This year you'll see Willis run like he is on fire and stole something. This is his money year. If he gets tons of yards, him and rosen cash in. It's good to get cash for the U.