PDA

View Full Version : Here's a test for you "Realists"

Mr. Miyagi
07-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Go to the Bills home opener this year, do what you do here and yell "BILLS SUCK!! YOU'RE GONNA LOSE!!! 3-13 HERE YOU COME!!!" Then try to explain to those around you how you're really a fan but just a realistic one.

Let's see how far that gets you. I double-dare your asses. :rolleyes:

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Go to the Bills home opener this year, do what you do here and yell "BILLS SUCK!! YOU'RE GONNA LOSE!!! 3-13 HERE YOU COME!!!" Then try to explain to those around you how you're really a fan but just a realistic one.

First of all, your words in quotes make us sound like we're EXCITED to say the Bills suck, you're gonna lose and 3-13 here you come.. In my case at least, that's not true.

And when your paying your hard earned money to go the games, knowing they suck... If thats not a "fan" then I dont know what is.

Mr. Miyagi
07-19-2006, 03:51 PM
First of all, if you're a true fan, you'll never admit that they suck.

No loving spouse will ever say his wife is butt-ugly. You're SUPPOSED to wear the rose-colored glasses.

Like I've said before, if you have no faith in the team, you're just a critic, not a fan.

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 03:55 PM

No loving spouse will ever say his wife is butt-ugly. You're SUPPOSED to wear the rose-colored glasses.

Like I've said before, if you have no faith in the team, you're just a critic, not a fan.
Your talking to the wrong person cause I cant stand my wife.

I have a ton of faith in the team, I think they're building a contender, but it sure as hell aint gonna be in 2006.

In March like 90% of the people on here I bought into a 2-year process for rebuilding. It's July and I stick by that now. We're looking good for the future but for now; we are stinky....

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 03:55 PM
and btw, I"ll probably be at every home game this season

patmoran2006
07-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Here's a test for the Homers.

1) Besides "Thank" every Homer Post.
2) Besides "Groan" at every non-Homeristic post
3- Besides link any POSITIVE Bills press you can find on the web.

Why dont you shock the world and add some original thoughts and insights besides "Im a fan" and "You gotta have faith" as to why Buffalo is going to have a successful season

LtBillsFan66
07-19-2006, 04:02 PM

:up:

Mr. Miyagi
07-19-2006, 04:06 PM

Why dont you shock the world and add some original thoughts and insights besides "Im a fan" and "You gotta have faith" as to why Buffalo is going to have a successful season
Fandom is not based on evidence. We don't need to prove that they'll be good. We maybe wrong, but we'll defend it to death, because we have faith. Just like a religion.

We just BILLIEVE. :pray:

justasportsfan
07-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Pat is starting to sound like ICE.

Mr. Pink
07-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Fandom is not based on evidence. We don't need to prove that they'll be good. We maybe wrong, but we'll defend it to death, because we have faith. Just like a religion.

This just goes back to what I've stated time and time again. Whatever moves this front office does are right, justified and smart. Any moves made by any other organization in the league is wrong and laughable.

Just because someone "dons" our colors doesn't necessarily make them good NO matter what you think or believe.

So are you more of a fan who follows with blind faith then someone who objectively looks at things?

Mr. Cynical
07-19-2006, 04:47 PM

I should put this quote in my sig. It says all there need be said about a true homer.

Wrong.

That's like me saying if you don't criticize your team when it is sucking ass, then you're simply a guy looking for an excuse to suck down beers and wings on a Sunday and not a true fan.

Neither praising nor criticizing your team has anything to do with being a fan. Period.

Luisito23
07-19-2006, 05:00 PM

:bf1: Great post Miyagi-san...

GO BILLS!!!!!!

gil
07-19-2006, 05:02 PM
what point is there in being a fan if you don't hope for the best, if you don't hope that your team overcomes all the critics - at its heart, especially at this time of year, it's about hope...

some ask for reasons why people think they'll be good and give their own reasons why they think they'll be terrible .

in this league, every year you see teams everyone thought would be punks turn out to be successful - why not at least believe it could be us who surprises people this year?

maybe our hearts will be broken eventually, and as Buffalo fans, they often are, but I for one like to at least have this time to of year to think positive.

BillsFever21
07-19-2006, 08:49 PM

They can't. The only insight they have is that we're the Bills so we're gonna be good.

And relating to #2. Look at the groans and that speaks truth to your example. This is too funny.

BillsFever21
07-19-2006, 08:52 PM
what point is there in being a fan if you don't hope for the best, if you don't hope that your team overcomes all the critics - at its heart, especially at this time of year, it's about hope...

some ask for reasons why people think they'll be good and give their own reasons why they think they'll be terrible .

in this league, every year you see teams everyone thought would be punks turn out to be successful - why not at least believe it could be us who surprises people this year?

maybe our hearts will be broken eventually, and as Buffalo fans, they often are, but I for one like to at least have this time to of year to think positive.

Everyone who doesn't think we're gonna be very good still hopes there is a miracle and we end up having a good season.

Looking at a team for what it is doesn't mean you don't hope they will be good. You just don't think they will be very good. There is a difference between what you think and what you hope for.

shelby
07-19-2006, 09:07 PM

Because JP Losman is going to stun you this year. He is going to break out and have an absolutely stellar season.
You heard it here first:D

Drive 4 Five
07-19-2006, 09:16 PM
:shakeno:

Not to be rude but I am growing really tired of all this realist/homer crap already.

Philagape
07-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Question for homers who go to games .... Have you ever once booed? What do you do in response to bad play?

KMA
07-19-2006, 10:00 PM

Here's a better one. When the Bills are 3-10, buy 60 tickets and see how many people you can get to go with you by paying for tickets, bring signs that say that the Bills Rock! Start screamin' how this is what you've been waiting for and can't wait for more of what we've had for nearly ten years.

Then write a letter to the News talking about what a great coach Jauron is, how you can't wait for another draft where the analysts all say we reached, how you really enjoy the lack of experience at the coordinators.

I'll triple dog dare ya.

lol

You should have been thrilled with the Donahoe-Gilbride-Williams-Mularkey years. I imagine that you were crushed when Donahoe got the boot.

patmoran2006
07-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Pat is starting to sound like ICE.
Dont ever say that again
Id rather you talk about my momma

Night Train
07-20-2006, 08:34 AM

Well Stated.

While I hardly " expect " a winning record and playoff berth, I enter into the season looking for the team to stabilize itself and build towards something for the next few years.

Faith and positive thinking are characteristics of all fans. Why do the Chicago Cubs always pack Wrigley Field ? Why didn't they dissolve and move 40 years ago ?

Because there is always next year. A fresh start and a new chance to win.

I don't worry about..
1. Making big headlines in the spring.
2. What the mostly uninformed, clueless media is saying now.
3. Cynical posters repeating the same self serving tripe ad nauseum.

I'm well aware of the talent level here and the current state of the team...to a point. The rest is proven out on the field, come fall.

Hypercritical posters who pretends to have all the answers believes this will garner respect. Impressive ? Hardly. The only thing it does, in REALITY ( pun), is make that poster look like a arrogant fool or highly immature child, more often than not. They fail to see the irony in their thinking.

At that point, they create their own blog and submit their opinions to Yahoo Sports, Fox or Bills Insider, which means absolutely nothing to me.

Faith isn't always blind. It's a process of education/trial & error which MAY lead to something positive.

That's how the world was built... realists...

You'll NEVER win...NEVER..

justasportsfan
07-20-2006, 08:43 AM
The only insight they have is that we're the Bills so we're gonna be good.

Funny, the asian guy actually comprehends better than you do.

Mr. Miyagi
07-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Do you "realists" have children?

If so, do you hope that they'll grow up to be smart and successful by being positive and encouraging, or do you tell them the REALITY is that the ODDS are slim that they'll ever amount to anything, so let's just face the FACTS and aim for Burger King management?

KMA
07-20-2006, 09:09 AM
So the Bills coaches and players now are a bunch of children needing care and nurture?

Or are they grown adults in a business where criticism is as expected as contact and getting paid to do a job?

Jan Reimers
07-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Most of have stated many reasons why the Bills COULD be good this season. I'm not at all convinced that they WILL be, because it very well may take Marv a couple of years to bring us back from the Debacle that was Donahoe.

But every time I've posted things about good young defensive players; better coaching; new schemes; fast, young (but mostly unproven) offensive players; etc., etc., you've come up with the negative side of the argument.

And that's the difference in our points of view. I have some hope for this year, and am very positve about the future. You see almost everything about this year in the negative.

mybills
07-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Most of have stated many reasons why the Bills COULD be good this season. I'm not at all convinced that they WILL be, because it very well may take Marv a couple of years to bring us back from the Debacle that was Donahoe.

But every time I've posted things about good young defensive players; better coaching; new schemes; fast, young (but mostly unproven) offensive players; etc., etc., you've come up with the negative side of the argument.

And that's the difference in our points of view. I have some hope for this year, and am very positve about the future. You see almost everything about this year in the negative.

Amen! :bf1:

btw Jan, I'm not stalking you :chuckle: but you seem to be saying what I feel in each post. :up:

mybills
07-20-2006, 09:28 AM
I've heard of dissing certain players for certain things, but to constantly put down the whole team is just ******ed.

Historian
07-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Here's a better one. When the Bills are 3-10, buy 60 tickets and see how many people you can get to go with you by paying for tickets, bring signs that say that the Bills Rock!

I'll be there....with a beer in one hand, and a hot dog in the other.

And I'll be enjoying every ****ing minute of it!

You should have been thrilled with the Donahoe-Gilbride-Williams-Mularkey years. I imagine that you were crushed when Donahoe got the boot.

Most of us were quite elated, actually.

Mr. Miyagi
07-20-2006, 11:28 AM
So the Bills coaches and players now are a bunch of children needing care and nurture?

Or are they grown adults in a business where criticism is as expected as contact and getting paid to do a job?
You completely missed the point...It's an analogy, not to be taken literally. Obviously we as fans don't parent the players like children, we don't feed them and diaper them...:rolleyes:

LtBillsFan66
07-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Isn't it ironic how "realists" can't tell what an analogy is?