PDA

View Full Version : What Will Be the Positions of Most Competition?

justasportsfan
07-19-2006, 05:49 PM
By now everyone is aware of the three-way quarterback competition that will commence at St. John Fisher July 28. It will be the most popular daily topic of camp without question. But there will be some other heated battles for jobs at some very loaded positions.

"We've created good competition at a lot of positions and that was our goal," said head coach Dick Jauron. "We wanted to make the competition as stiff as we could. I think we've done that."

Some of those positions are busting at the seams with talent and will lead to some very difficult roster decisions come September.

Below we outline some of the more stacked positions where the talent level is very deep or very similar, meaning performance will ultimately determine who sticks and who leaves.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3869

Crisis
07-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Wide receiver.

Richard Gozinya
07-19-2006, 07:29 PM
The seat cushion on the couch in Marv's office when The Golden Girls come on.

Mr. Cynical
07-19-2006, 07:30 PM
WR
TE
S

Mr. Cynical
07-19-2006, 07:30 PM
The seat cushion on the couch in Marv's office when The Golden Girls come on.

:rofl:

patmoran2006
07-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Umm.

Quarterback?

madness
07-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Umm.

Quarterback?

By now everyone is aware of the three-way quarterback competition that will commence at St. John Fisher July 28. It will be the most popular daily topic of camp without question. But there will be some other heated battles for jobs at some very loaded positions.

patmoran2006
07-20-2006, 08:27 AM
I read the thread title, not the article...

Nickel Corner is going to be a good battle
Supposedly Preston is going to battle Reyes at LG (thats already a done deal)
And of course WR 2-4 spots

madness
07-20-2006, 08:58 AM
I read the thread title, not the article...

Nickel Corner is going to be a good battle
Supposedly Preston is going to battle Reyes at LG (thats already a done deal)
And of course WR 2-4 spots

Or the first post. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
07-20-2006, 09:08 AM
There will also be some good competition at LB, with Crowell battling Posey for a starting spot, and Watson, Ellison, DiGiorgio, Ezekiel and Hunter battling for a backup spot or two beside Stamer and Haggan.

mysticsoto
07-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Wide receiver.

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Where does Price fit in? Is Davis just injury prone? Will he last past TC? How quickly does Nance begin to grab the offense flow? Will we be able to say good-bye to Reed? Na-na-na-na...

Then maybe Safety. Is Whitner ready for primetime? How recovered is Bowen really from his injury? Does he have the competitive spirit to give Whitner a run for the money? Is Vincent slowing down too much to keep up with these young guys?

And then LB. If Spikes looks good, Posey may end up being replaced by Crowell. Where does Ellison fit in? Ezekiel showed promise last year...is he better this year?

patmoran2006
07-20-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Where does Price fit in? Is Davis just injury prone? Will he last past TC? How quickly does Nance begin to grab the offense flow? Will we be able to say good-bye to Reed? Na-na-na-na...

Then maybe Safety. Is Whitner ready for primetime? How recovered is Bowen really from his injury? Does he have the competitive spirit to give Whitner a run for the money? Is Vincent slowing down too much to keep up with these young guys?

And then LB. If Spikes looks good, Posey may end up being replaced by Crowell. Where does Ellison fit in? Ezekiel showed promise last year...is he better this year?
Very good post

DraftBoy
07-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Umm...too be honest, Id like to see some rookie deals announced asap! How many unsigned draft picks do we still have?

Also:
DB (CB and S)
WR
QB
Backup RB
DT
Depth LB

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-20-2006, 12:26 PM
I think the competition for scapegoat will be neck and neck.

mybills
07-20-2006, 02:45 PM
The score board

Mr. Pink
07-20-2006, 07:33 PM
waterboy