PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush wants #1 money

Mr. Miyagi
07-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Mike Ornstein, Bush's marketing agent, said Wednesday that Saints owner Tom Benson and general manager Mickey Loomis told Bush that he would be treated during contract negotiations as if he were the first overall pick in the April NFL draft.

The Saints used the No. 2 pick on Bush, the Heisman Trophy winning running back out of Southern Cal, after Houston surprisingly chose defensive end Mario Williams with the top pick.

Great. Now they don't have to be actually drafted #1 to get #1 money, as long as they think that "should have been" #1. This is going to open the door to the house of pain for teams in future dealings with high draft picks. :rolleyes:

To Bush's credit though:

"I don't want to get caught up in holdouts and things like that," Bush said in May after his first offseason workout with the team. "I think it's important to start off on a good foot and a good note ... not only with the team, but with the city."
:bf1:

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060720/SPORTS02/607200380/1063/sports02

Goobylal
07-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Then take #2 money.

HAMMER
07-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Great. Now they don't have to be actually drafted #1 to get #1 money, as long as they think that "should have been" #1. This is going to open the door to the house of pain for teams in future dealings with high draft picks. :rolleyes:

To Bush's credit though:

:bf1:

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060720/SPORTS02/607200380/1063/sports02

Of course he is going to say the politically correct thing, but when it comes down to the dollas, his agent will have him sitting until the deal is done.

patmoran2006
07-20-2006, 03:48 PM
He will get more money than WIlliams when this is over with .

jamze132
07-20-2006, 04:17 PM
I think the New Orleans FO had to say that for sake of the fans. Do they really want to pay him like he was the #1 pick in the draft? No. But in the end will they? Probably, since it;s the only way that Bush will play.

IMO, if I'm the GM and I pick Bush or any other player #2 overall and they won't sign because they want more chips, than screw them, let them sit. Yes the guy was lights out in College. He has yet to prove himself in the NFL. I don't understand why all the teams that draft #1 dish out so much money for someone who might flop. Granted the chances of a flop aren't that great with Bush, you never know if any player will suck on a new level.

SoCalBillsFan
07-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Bush's agent is screwing him again...he wanted too much money and that's why Reggie didn't go number 1. Now Reggie could end up in a holdout situation. Ugh.

billsburgh
07-21-2006, 12:04 AM
If I am reading this correctly, It is the Saints who are going to give him #1 money and not Reggie Bush demanding #1 money. If that's the case, Bush would be and idiot to say no give me #2 money.

billsburgh
07-21-2006, 12:05 AM
If I am reading this correctly, It is the Saints who are going to give him #1 money and not Reggie Bush demanding #1 money. If that's the case, Bush would be and idiot to say no give me #2 money.

CuseJetsFan83
07-21-2006, 02:36 AM
in the words of every agent, and the rap group wu-tang clan.......

cash rules everything around me, cream grab your money dolla dolla bill y'all

Ebenezer
07-21-2006, 02:38 AM
pfft...all this concern over a guy who won't rush for 1500 yards or 15 TDs for three years...

CuseJetsFan83
07-21-2006, 02:41 AM
pfft...all this concern over a guy who won't rush for 1500 yards or 15 TDs for three years...

he will get the td's probably, the yards......... nope.......... the AINTS will use and abuse reggie..... dont be surprised to see him injured, especially with alot of teams keying on him.

LtFinFan66
07-21-2006, 04:43 AM
Everyone except Eb seems to be forgetting a guy named Deuce who runs in NO. Bush won't even be the starter.....especially if he holds out. Cedric Benson anyone:idunno:

R. Rich
07-21-2006, 06:36 AM
He will get more money than WIlliams when this is over with .

Instead of wasting my time w/ this, can't you just give us the powerball numbers so we can make better use of your gift?

DraftBoy
07-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Everyone except Eb seems to be forgetting a guy named Deuce who runs in NO. Bush won't even be the starter.....especially if he holds out. Cedric Benson anyone:idunno:

Lets also not get caught up in trying to compare Benson to Bush....Bush is triple the athlete Benson could ever hope to be, and he may never live up to his billing he got in Texas. Bush is one hell of a WR and a dynamic PR. He'll get 10+ TD's this year (mark it down), he'll even make it to camp on time. New Orleans will use Reggie Bush, but lets not forget Deuce isnt completely healthy he's coming off of major knee surgery and may not be ready for full load duties by seasons start if at all this season. Bush will get 10-15 carries a game, 5-7 receptions, and 2-3 punt returns. He'll have many oppurtunities to score this year.

Amare
07-21-2006, 10:32 AM
**** Him!

DraftBoy
07-21-2006, 10:34 AM
**** Him!

Is that seriously neccessary?

SoCalBillsFan
07-21-2006, 11:04 AM
**** Him!

I don't think he swings that way...you can try though.

RockStar36
07-21-2006, 05:49 PM
He deserves #1 money. He is a #1. Should it cost him less money because Houston is ******ed and passed on him?

Devin
07-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Well I am not a GM or anything but the Saints will have over 100mil tied up into 2 RB's. It doesnt take a brain surgeon to know that one of them will not be here shortly. Its in the papers a lot here, Reggie is gonna get a lot of carries this year. Deuce is basically an insurance policy for this season.

BillsFever21
07-21-2006, 10:41 PM
He isn't the first #2 player who thought they were gonna be #1 who said they wanted #1 money.

He was drafted #2 and that's the kind of money he's gonna get.

Many others have tried to get more money then where they were drafted because they fell lower then expected. That means nothing. You get paid depending on where you draft. Unless New Orleans will fold under the pressure. I doubt it though.