X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

Cap Update 2/19

Now that we know Peerless has been tagged, Bills now have 61 players under contract (plus 1 suspended) and are $6.741 million under the NEW projected cap of $75.326 million.
  • clumping platelets

If Bills release Riemersma and Watson as expected, that would leave us at 59 players under contract and $11.191 million under the cap of $75.326 million

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

CP

The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Then once tenders are placed on our RFAs and EFAS, Bills will have 67 players under contract and be $9.409 million under

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Clump

TD

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Don't forget to include another couple of hundred thousand in chump change for the raise in minimum salaries...that has not been announced yet...

My prediction is that JR and CW remain Bills until a deal with PP is signed or we need money to sign other FAs...TD will not cut them loose so soon.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I've reviewed the minimum salaries. It doesn't appear that it will affect that many players. Impact will be minimal

Eb: check CBA extension under Active Player search on NFLPA website

Comment

• Throne Logic
                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                • Aug 2002

There has been talk about long-term deals for Price. What do you guys see as a likely contract for him and the rough CAP hit Buffalo would take for this year?
                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                  Expert on Experts
                  • Jul 2002

CP, this is all including Price under contract at the Franchise tag level?

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

That's not so bad. I'm surprised cutting just Remiersma and Watson would make that much difference.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Doc
                      • Dec 2002

Clump: Are your numbers pretty accurate now, seeing as you were waiting on finding out if the Bills had a debit and what effect UTBE incentives would have? If so, COOL! I can handle $9.4M under the cap with all of the Bills' restricted (including EFA's) FA's and Price locked up!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Still no word on whether we have a "debit" but my numbers have been pretty close to all reported thus far.

Yes: The above numbers include the "tag" amt of $5.01 million

I suspect Peerless and his agent are looking for about $6 million/season. On the open market, he could probably get that because of the relative high demand and little supply. However, I believe he will get closer to $5.5 million/season. His cap hit in 2003 is likely to be no more than $2.5 million. I'll try working out some numbers later

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

The ESPN article about Price being franchised states that we can rescind the franchise tag. I thought it could only be rescinded for players that were tagged as transition players and not franchised. If you can rescind a franchise tag this would give TD many options and is in a can't lose situation since if TD does not get any trade interest or he finds good value on players defensively he can pull the franchise tag on Price.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Yes.....it can be rescinded. That's what Philly did last year with LB Trotter

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Thanks Clump. I couldn't remember if Trotter was transitioned or franchised.
                              I wonder why more teams don't throw the franchise tag on a player and then if they can't get anything rescind the tag. I realize that to trade him they need to reach a deal with Price and the Bills would lose money via a signing bonus but I'm sure that the deal would be done on condition of the trade with the assistance of the new team and the signing bnus would not be high. If it doesn't work out then Buffalo can rescind the tag. It seems like Buffalo can't lose on the deal especially since the FA WR field is weak and there was a lot of demand for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X