PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't The Bills Win The East

BigGabes23
07-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Last year the AFC East was Probably the worst divison in football (NFC NORTH CLOSE) Show me how any of the AFC East Teams got better.

Maimi - Culpeper was healthy for the Vikes 1-4 start and just plain sucked. The Los of Ricky Williams is big when you consider that Ronnie has never carried the full load for an entire season in his life, and got knicked up in split time last year. Thier seconday is Pathetic. This Does not Help:

Dolphins first-round S Jason Allen recently underwent arthroscopic knee surgery.
Uh oh. Allen struggled mightily with injuries at Tennessee, although in the end his draft stock didn't suffer. Scout.com reports Allen is expected to be ready for camp, when he'll likely start at free safety. Jul. 20 - 3:27 pm et
Source: dolphins.scout.com (http://dolphins.scout.com/2/548342.html)

Pats - It is looking like their only playmakers will Be Maroney and Chad Jackson. Branch is a hold out and Dillion is on the downside of his career. Mcginist is gone, and so is mr automatic Vinatiery. Their entire defense and o-line is another year older, which is not a good thing.

Jets - IMHO the worst team in football. They helped their O-line in the draft, but neither first rounder will have an instant impact. Curtis Martin is very old. They have no recievers, and now no Abraham.

Bills - If anyone thinks their week 17 2005 team is better then the week 1 2006 team, they must be high. (not to re-hash this) but they have upgraded WR1 WR3, DT1, DT2, SS, QB (a new JP), TE1, TE2, C, RT, LG, ROLB (TKO).

IMO they are the only team that has improved.

patmoran2006
07-20-2006, 03:49 PM
First off, Branch is FAR from the downside of his career.. WIth the rookies in that lineup, that offense could be more explosive than ever.. Brady will be hungry after finally losing a playoff game.

Miami is a mystery, They are a paper-champion right now, but Im far from sold on them.. I love Ronnie Brown though he's very much for real.

The jets are 1-2 years away just like us.

Anything is possible sure.. But I do not see us competiting with NE this year at least.

patmoran2006
07-20-2006, 03:51 PM
And BTW you wouldnt say the Jets have improved with Brick and Mangold on their OL, as well as bringing Ramsey to compete at QB? Oh yeah, they have a new Bellicheck disciple at HC as well.

The Jets are going to be better, but they're like us.. They are getting younger and going backwards a little bit to be able to move forward.

BigGabes23
07-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Branch is holding out.... but I agree not on the downside of his career.

The best QB on the Jets roster is Kelly Clements (and that sould say something). Their Oline did improve long term, but starting two rookies can't be good.

patmoran2006
07-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Branch is holding out.... but I agree not on the downside of his career.

The best QB on the Jets roster is Kelly Clements (and that sould say something). Their Oline did improve long term, but starting two rookies can't be good.
i'm not hating on the bills by saying this, but I think most would agree here.

I'd take Brick and Mangold and start them TODAY over Gandy and Fowler, and you should be arrested for Homerism if you dont agree with that.

jamze132
07-20-2006, 04:07 PM
I would say that New England is still the team to beat. And say what you want about Miami finishing strong last season. Buffalo finished strong the season before last and look what happened last year. Granted, they don't have the division in the locker room and on the field like we had but nothing is guaranteed. I do think Culpepper improves them at QB, if he's healthy. Yes New York is improved on the o-line but it won't help them all that much this season. I can honestly say that Buffalo seems like the most improved team in the division. Yeah, people say that we don't have a QB yet and that we reached on two draft picks in the first round, but I think Buffalo might actually suprise some people this year. They may even shock some people. I already have my letter ready to that tool, Mel Kiper when Whitner lights it up.

bledslow
07-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Dillon was hurt for the majority of last year,he still got some good football left if healthy. im sure jackson and maroney will make some plays this year,along with branch/watson and caldwell---.

bills will not win the division because n.e simply has the better team and coach.

Branch will be playing this year,if he doesn't,he automatically gets put back into the same position next year and will not be able to become a free agent after this season if he sits out.so if he wants to become a free agent next year,he HAS to first play out this season.

justasportsfan
07-20-2006, 04:18 PM
I'd take Brick and Mangold and start them TODAY over Gandy and Fowler, and you should be arrested for Homerism if you dont agree with that.
Other than Brick,You mean hand rookies the job without competition? Chad's not gonna like that. He might as well sit out the season if he knows he's gonna be broken in two in the first play of the season.

jamze132
07-20-2006, 04:20 PM
i'm not hating on the bills by saying this, but I think most would agree here.

I would too. And I'm a Homer.

Jan Reimers
07-20-2006, 04:53 PM
If the Sabres - who before the season were thought to be too small upfront, with no bigtime scorers and no clearcut number 1 goalie - could make the Eastern Conference finals, I can see no reason that the Bills can't win the AFC East.

!Papacrunk!
07-20-2006, 06:15 PM
The Dolphins are still rebuilding. Even though they're still rebuilding, they're still going to do everything they can do to still be competitive.

Our secondary was bad last year, but even though it was bad, Saban was able to have it at least be decent enough so it wouldn't be a hindrance to the rest of the defense. We were horrible on 3rd down defense because we didn't have the talent, and ESPECIALLY the speed to get to the recivers in time. On the one side, that was a secondary that Saban adopted, minus his drafting of Travis Daniels and last year's signing of Lance Schulters. Schulters was good enough, but he just doesn't have the wheels anymore. At least now, Saban is starting to invest more players of his picking to the team, but especially the secondary, who knows what the final result will be. I don't have the numbers handy, but at least all of the players brought into the secondary, a lot of them are quite fleet of foot. A large improvement over last year's secondary, as far as the speed department goes. One little bit on Allen--Jason Allen is 100% from the hip injury, and as far as the arthoscopic surgery, that stuff is pretty common where peeps are fine within days of that, a week top, but I'm no doctor. Hopefully that won't be any kind of indicator for his career to come.

Who cares about the 6 game winning streak? Taylor has said that the 6 game winning streak was LAST year, and has no bearing on THIS year, because he was still watching the playoffs from his TV. Just focus on improving every play, and not worrying what the scoreboard may read.

Brand new defense and coaching personnel last year. It was a good thing that they mixed the 4-3 with bits of 3-4 defense since it took a while for the defense to get accustomed to the new defense being implemented. Once the players started to understand the how and the why of the new defense, the defensive stats started to improve as the season went on, especially towards the end (coming in 2nd in the NFL in sacks for one example.) Now they are in year two of Saban's hybrid of the 3-4/4-3 defense. Instead of making sure they get the plays right, they can now utilize the defense to an even greater amount, and hopefully control the tempo of a game, even if the offense may struggle a bit. On the other side, with new faces to the secondary, the complete defense may not be 100% with the process, but at least a majority will be completely familiar to it, allowing even more wrinkles to the d, especially with the addition of Dom Capers to the coaching staff. I was pretty excited that we added another teacher to the coaching staff, one that is lauded my a lot of people, as a great teacher of the 3-4 defense and its nuances.

The offense is still another part of the rebuilding process. Culpepper is a big question mark until he successfully has a complete game, and even at that point, he may not be completely stellar until he has more games under his belt. Just like one can't pin one good season as a complete representative of one's career, one sure can't pin one bad season on as a representative of one's career either. There's a chance that Culpepper may not be the answer, he may play like he did last year for the rest of his career, and make people wonder what happened to the '04 and previous 'Pep. He may reinjure his knee, have some sort of setback. It could happen. With the previous regime, I would've freaked out and waited for the sky to cave in. Even with only ONE season under his belt, I've got faith, some may say blind faith, but I've got faith in Saban to make the right decisons if something like this ever does happen. Harrington is, at this point, been a dissapointment. Even though he hasn't been the best a high 1st rounder could've been, at least he has a lot of NFL starts under his belt. Good enough insurance policy for me at this point. Saying that the dreaded setback or something bad was to happen to 'Pep, we'll have to live with losing a 2nd rounder (hmm, I believe we have the practice doing that already,) and invest another pick on a young QB for the future. On the other side, the gloom and doom may not happen, and all of the exceptionally great signs that Culpepper has shown will continue, and he could regain his previous form. Anything is possible.

As a player, I like Ronnie Brown. Great attitude, good runner, and a very good receiver. Having Ricky last year was a great luxury to have, but Ronnie was going to have to be the #1 eventually. I see it as a positive that we have a talented running back that has very fresh legs, that could extend his career even longer than some RBs today. I'd have to check last year's injury, but if it wasn't for Ricky being here, Brown may have been good enough to have started the game anyways. I do wish that the Dolphins add someone during training camp for depth, especially if something was to happen, we would have a decent back to step up. At one point, I've read that Miami has been interested in Michael Bennet from the Saints, but I think there has been other teams interested in him as well.

No matter what happens for the Dolphins or any team in the AFCEast, positive or negative, the AFCEast championship still goes through New England. It's still there's to lose. So to reiterate, the Dolphins are on a better track then they were since the 4-12 season, they're still rebuilding, but will still compete as if they're playing for a championship game. No matter what, like any season, I can't wait for the season to start.

(I think this may be one of my longest posts ever on BZ, lol)

Marino13Phins
07-20-2006, 06:30 PM
I've seen this response a thousand times about miami: "we(bills) finsihed the season strong, and look what happened to us the season after."

I'm not trying to start a war, and hype what miami did last year, but just becuase you did it doesn't mean it will happen to Miami too.
I could go as far as to say you will finish this season 4-12 becuase you are in a similar situation as to what Miami was in.

You don't have a defined started qb, even if Losman wins the job he probably isn't going to go a good enough job to take the pressure of Willis, they can stack 8 in the box against willis and cause him to do nothing. And Losman isn't going to beat to many people.

Just like waht they did to Ricky when we had Fiedler.

But like I said, just becuase it happened to us, doesn't mean it's going to happen to you. I am just tired of hearing people discredit what Miami did last year by saying that you guys finished the season strong and then sucked it up the next year.

This is a new year... lets just see how things pan out. :up:

Mitchy moo
07-20-2006, 06:50 PM
I've seen this response a thousand times about miami: "we(bills) finsihed the season strong, and look what happened to us the season after."

I'm not trying to start a war, and hype what miami did last year, but just becuase you did it doesn't mean it will happen to Miami too.
I could go as far as to say you will finish this season 4-12 becuase you are in a similar situation as to what Miami was in.

You don't have a defined started qb, even if Losman wins the job he probably isn't going to go a good enough job to take the pressure of Willis, they can stack 8 in the box against willis and cause him to do nothing. And Losman isn't going to beat to many people.

Just like waht they did to Ricky when we had Fiedler.

But like I said, just becuase it happened to us, doesn't mean it's going to happen to you. I am just tired of hearing people discredit what Miami did last year by saying that you guys finished the season strong and then sucked it up the next year.

This is a new year... lets just see how things pan out. :up:

I personally cannot see how miami is picked in the middle of the field and we are at the bottom. Miami had a good finish, weeee. Does that improve them this year? no.

!Papacrunk!
07-20-2006, 06:57 PM
I personally cannot see how miami is picked in the middle of the field and we are at the bottom. Miami had a good finish, weeee. Does that improve them this year? no.

Does anyone have that animated GIF of the stick figure guy bashing his head repeatedly until his face his a crushed bloody mess? I feel like this now.

Amare
07-20-2006, 07:27 PM
It goes
1. Pats
2. A- Phins
2. B- Bills
3. Jets

feelthepain
07-20-2006, 07:45 PM

I don't know what logic that's supposed to be, but I do know thats the dumbest thing I've read from a Bill fan. Just because you hope that happens isn't a reason to assume it will.

Philagape
07-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Bills - If anyone thinks their week 17 2005 team is better then the week 1 2006 team, they must be high. (not to re-hash this) but they have upgraded WR1 WR3, DT1, DT2, SS, QB (a new JP), TE1, TE2, C, RT, LG, ROLB (TKO).

IMO they are the only team that has improved.

Can't call anyone an upgrade until they prove it on the field.

Mitchy moo
07-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Does anyone have that animated GIF of the stick figure guy bashing his head repeatedly until his face his a crushed bloody mess? I feel like this now.

Having a good run means nothing the next season, you can have changes that hurt your team, schedule changes, player changes, coach changes (namely MOOlarkey). He is a freaking idiot and called a pass from JP on a 1 and 3rd up by 21 points in a away stadium. Why you guys wanted him is beyond me but I assure you he is as dumb as he looks. Plan on him getting culpepper killed by the 3rd game, double flea flicker w/ the statue of liberty.

!Papacrunk!
07-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Having a good run means nothing the next season, you can have changes that hurt your team, schedule changes, player changes, coach changes (namely MOOlarkey). He is a freaking idiot and called a pass from JP on a 1 and 3rd up by 21 points in a away stadium. Why you guys wanted him is beyond me but I assure you he is as dumb as he looks. Plan on him getting culpepper killed by the 3rd game, double flea flicker w/ the statue of liberty.

Did you even read my original post within this thread? Also, do you know for sure that MM called that play? Do you have concrete proof that JP didn't change the orginal play in the huddle to that pass play? Also, if you think that pass play was the only thing that spelled disaster for that game then, I guess it's true what the others have said about your posts Skoobs. It's against TOS to personally attack the poster, with that said, your posts (not you) are so utterly ******ed that if message board posts could wear things,they should wear special helmets for fear of harming themselves.

feelthepain
07-20-2006, 10:24 PM

You need to let it go man, it's not good to hang on to the hate, it's also not good to blame everything that happend to the Bills last year all on MM, who will you blame this year?? Mularkey is a good OC when he has the talent to coach. Miami has the talent and I'll promise you if MM pulls anything dumb, Saban will end it real quick. Saban proved last year he will step in and make changes if he feels someone is a liability.

Mitchy moo
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
You need to let it go man, it's not good to hang on to the hate, it's also not good to blame everything that happend to the Bills last year all on MM, who will you blame this year?? Mularkey is a good OC when he has the talent to coach. Miami has the talent and I'll promise you if MM pulls anything dumb, Saban will end it real quick. Saban proved last year he will step in and make changes if he feels someone is a liability.

MM was in charge of the offense, so who the heck called the play? I seen weird off the wall BS all year, that is MM's way. I'm just glad you have him and not us. I was at that game and the crowd was real quiet until then, we gave them hope and then the game. Manage the clock and take points on the road, that motto will never change.

Mitchy moo
07-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Did you even read my original post within this thread? Also, do you know for sure that MM called that play? Do you have concrete proof that JP didn't change the orginal play in the huddle to that pass play? Also, if you think that pass play was the only thing that spelled disaster for that game then, I guess it's true what the others have said about your posts Skoobs. It's against TOS to personally attack the poster, with that said, your posts (not you) are so utterly ******ed that if message board posts could wear things,they should wear special helmets for fear of harming themselves.

Prepare for some real weird stuff from MM, off the wall stuff. Remember, I warned you. As per ******ation, anyone who roots for a team that's ignorant enough to take MM in (the Bills trash), definetely has a spot in front of most stores.

feelthepain
07-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Prepare for some real weird stuff from MM, off the wall stuff. Remember, I warned you. As per ******ation, anyone who roots for a team that's ignorant enough to take MM in (the Bills trash), definetely has a spot in front of most stores.

I think you're seriously misguided. You seem sure everything was MM, and it may be that he was the problem...in Buffalo. We aren't Buffalo and we have a HC that isn't named Mike Mularkey. For some reason you refuse to understand that. I don't know what else to tell you if you intentionally refuse to see whats right in front of your face. But you seem to be the one with the issues on this. MM won't do anything Saban doesn't want him to do, do you understand that?? The whole reason Saban wanted full control over every aspect of the organization was to ensure if he fails, he fails of his own doing, no one elses.

Nick Saban = HC
Mike Mularkey = OC

Can you see it now????

Mitchy moo
07-20-2006, 10:54 PM
I think you're seriously misguided. You seem sure everything was MM, and it may be that he was the problem...in Buffalo. We aren't Buffalo and we have a HC that isn't named Mike Mularkey. For some reason you refuse to understand that. I don't know what else to tell you if you intentionally refuse to see whats right in front of your face. But you seem to be the one with the issues on this. MM won't do anything Saban doesn't want him to do, do you understand that?? The whole reason Saban wanted full control over every aspect of the organization was to ensure if he fails, he fails of his own doing, no one elses.

Nick Saban = HC
Mike Mularkey = OC

Can you see it now????

Ok, so what your saying is that Saban is a football god and can control every aspect of the team without delegating authority? So anyone could be the OC because they have King Saban to guide them? You have too much faith in one person and in all honesty, he hasn't shown me anything. DO you understand?

CuseJetsFan83
07-21-2006, 02:43 AM
until someone beats them, NE is still the high horse and is the defacto division winner.

last year the jets were super bowl contenders and had a chance to go 11-5 or 12-4............ what happened??? everything and anything and we go 4-12

any team is alive as all are 0-0......... and until i see that letter that says eliminated from contention. there is always hope

jmb1099
07-21-2006, 05:10 AM
There are so many unknowns in the east this season. The Pats have lost key people and now seem to have this added dimension of personal issues with their headcoach. The Jets and the Bills are both in serious rebuild mode, new systems, new coaches etc. This leaves the Dolphins as the most likely contender to the AFC East title. Sure they have qb issues and the Mularkey factor, but if Culpepper pans out and returns to healthy form, the Dolphins will be a force. The thing that may be the biggest factor for them this year may be the aging defense. If the offense scores quickly, and they have the potential to do so, the defense will be on the field a lot and they will tire by the end of the season. Stil, only time will tell how it all plays out.

Marino13Phins
07-21-2006, 10:09 AM

You act like they did nothing in the offesason to improve themselves. They did, I don't know if you are choosing not to deal with it or what. But we aren't just riding a winning streak last season.....

Marino13Phins
07-21-2006, 10:10 AM
There are so many unknowns in the east this season. The Pats have lost key people and now seem to have this added dimension of personal issues with their headcoach. The Jets and the Bills are both in serious rebuild mode, new systems, new coaches etc. This leaves the Dolphins as the most likely contender to the AFC East title. Sure they have qb issues and the Mularkey factor, but if Culpepper pans out and returns to healthy form, the Dolphins will be a force. The thing that may be the biggest factor for them this year may be the aging defense. If the offense scores quickly, and they have the potential to do so, the defense will be on the field a lot and they will tire by the end of the season. Stil, only time will tell how it all plays out.

I pretty much agree with your post except for the aging defense in Miami. We actually brought in a lot of young guys. Don't get me wrong we still have older guys on the D, like Traylor and what not. But our CB's are extremely young, which could hinder us as far as their learning curve. But we are not as old on the D side of the ball as we once were.

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 11:22 AM
You act like they did nothing in the offesason to improve themselves. They did, I don't know if you are choosing not to deal with it or what. But we aren't just riding a winning streak last season.....

The Bills did things to improve as well, I guess we'll just see how things go in the first few weeks.

Marino13Phins
07-21-2006, 11:37 AM
The Bills did things to improve as well, I guess we'll just see how things go in the first few weeks.

I agree, I never said the bills did nothing to improve themselves. I do not thing they can make a run for the AFC east title this year like you seem to think so though.

Bulldog
07-21-2006, 01:35 PM

How is it that you know Losman isn't going to be able to beat many people? Hell, Buffalo would have beat the hell out of Miami in Miami with Losman at the helm if it wasn't for that idiot MM. He seemed to make Miami's secondary look pretty bad that day. I'm not saying that I think that Miami will suffer the same fate that Buffalo did, but don't make blind statements about Losman when neither you or I have a clue on how he will progress this season.

feelthepain
07-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Ok, so what your saying is that Saban is a football god and can control every aspect of the team without delegating authority? So anyone could be the OC because they have King Saban to guide them? You have too much faith in one person and in all honesty, he hasn't shown me anything. DO you understand?

Do you even pay attention to what you write?? You blame everything on MM in Buffalo last year, so he must have been in control of everything if you blame him for everything. That would be a logical conclusion to your opinion. But Saban is in control of everything in Miami, yet you don't see it or believe it, again in your opinion. Seems to me (you don't want) to see anything but MM for the Bills decline. You also don't want to see Saban in total control of the Dolphins. Saban may not acctually make the plays himself, but he knows how to motivate and support the players he coaches, Saban also understands he needs a good coaching staff to help him carry out his plan. If however a coach isn't doing what is best for the team in Sabans opinion, he will step in and correct the problem. He did it last year to Linehan and he'll do it to MM if it's needed.

So to answer your question:

Ok, so what your saying is that Saban is a football god and can control every aspect of the team without delegating authority? So anyone could be the OC because they have King Saban to guide them?

Saban is the Dolphins Head football coach and GM he has the last word on EVERYTHING the team does per his agreement with the owner WH!! I might add MM didn't have control over the players he brought in to play for him. That was TD's job and where is he now?? Saban allows the coaches to use their knowledge and experience to coach, however they will not be allowed to make stupid mistakes that could cost the team wins. Saban will step in and correct the problem, if there is one. No one could do that in Buffalo last year because there ws no one above MM when it came to play calling. So the last word doesn't rest in MM hands, period!!!!

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Do you even pay attention to what you write?? You blame everything on MM in Buffalo last year, so he must have been in control of everything if you blame him for everything. That would be a logical conclusion to your opinion. But Saban is in control of everything in Miami, yet you don't see it or believe it, again in your opinion. Seems to me (you don't want) to see anything but MM for the Bills decline. You also don't want to see Saban in total control of the Dolphins. Saban may not acctually make the plays himself, but he knows how to motivate and support the players he coaches, Saban also understands he needs a good coaching staff to help him carry out his plan. If however a coach isn't doing what is best for the team in Sabans opinion, he will step in and correct the problem. He did it last year to Linehan and he'll do it to MM if it's needed.

So to answer your question:

Saban is the Dolphins Head football coach and GM he has the last word on EVERYTHING the team does per his agreement with the owner WH!! I might add MM didn't have control over the players he brought in to play for him. That was TD's job and where is he now?? Saban allows the coaches to use their knowledge and experience to coach, however they will not be allowed to make stupid mistakes that could cost the team wins. Saban will step in and correct the problem, if there is one. No one could do that in Buffalo last year because there ws no one above MM when it came to play calling. So the last word doesn't rest in MM hands, period!!!!

1.) Is making his big players cry a motivation?

2.)So in a 40 second span MM throws in a play and Saban is going to go and overrule and get a new play in? Will that undermine MM authority and/or any control he has?

Insert foot in mouth.

feelthepain
07-21-2006, 04:16 PM
1.) 2.)So in a 40 second span MM throws in a play and Saban is going to go and overrule and get a new play in? Will that undermine MM authority and/or any control he has?

I guess what you're saying is MM will wait all year till the Dolphins are in the playoffs and they have one play left on the 3 yard line with 2 seconds left on the clock, before he calls a bone head play???

Listen, if MM is going to make stupid mistakes they will happen early in the season and Saban will make the adjustment needed. You make it seem that MM making one bad decision is all it will take to destroy the Fins year, get real. You just live in a world where you hope others fail. How sad to be you. The facts are MM is a good OC when he has the talent to execute the plays he calls. Miami has the talent, end of story.

What is it with some Bill fans that think because something happens in Buffalo it will happen everywhere?? Every time a player or coach leaves Buffalo after having little success some of you Bill fans do nothing but bash that person and try to convince everyone the results will always be the same no matter where that player or coach goes. Great logic.

feelthepain
07-21-2006, 04:21 PM

We do have quite a bit of youth on the D as depth and starting. Every season Saban is here we get younger, faster and bigger. Our D will be very good in another year or two, but it's good enough to win now.

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 04:29 PM
I guess what you're saying is MM will wait all year till the Dolphins are in the playoffs and they have one play left on the 3 yard line with 2 seconds left on the clock, before he calls a bone head play???

Listen, if MM is going to make stupid mistakes they will happen early in the season and Saban will make the adjustment needed. You make it seem that MM making one bad decision is all it will take to destroy the Fins year, get real. You just live in a world where you hope others fail. How sad to be you. The facts are MM is a good OC when he has the talent to execute the plays he calls. Miami has the talent, end of story.

What is it with some Bill fans that think because something happens in Buffalo it will happen everywhere?? Every time a player or coach leaves Buffalo after having little success some of you Bill fans do nothing but bash that person and try to convince everyone the results will always be the same no matter where that player or coach goes. Great logic.

Listen, people can change and can get better. Pittsburgh won a SB after MM left and he just left us so here's to hoping. Being able to go so far with your players and help them to a point is a problem many coaches have, it's the closing ability that determines how well a team does. MM is not a closer and never will be regardless of who is in "charge of everything" or a czar in a organization.

Marino13Phins
07-21-2006, 06:55 PM
How is it that you know Losman isn't going to be able to beat many people? Hell, Buffalo would have beat the hell out of Miami in Miami with Losman at the helm if it wasn't for that idiot MM. He seemed to make Miami's secondary look pretty bad that day. I'm not saying that I think that Miami will suffer the same fate that Buffalo did, but don't make blind statements about Losman when neither you or I have a clue on how he will progress this season.

I made the statement for this exact reason. Skooby constantly makes general decisions about miami, with no back. And garuntees he is right, such as MM will fail and the dolphins will suck. So That's why I made that post right back at him. Because we were in the same position that you are in now, and that's hwat happened to us.

I think he is still to young to beat to many people. And yes he beat on us for a quarter, didn't you get all 21 in the first quarter? And then was shut down for the rest of the game.

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 06:59 PM
I made the statement for this exact reason. Skooby constantly makes general decisions about miami, with no back. And garuntees he is right, such as MM will fail and the dolphins will suck. So That's why I made that post right back at him. Because we were in the same position that you are in now, and that's hwat happened to us.

I think he is still to young to beat to many people. And yes he beat on us for a quarter, didn't you get all 21 in the first quarter? And then was shut down for the rest of the game.

MM began to think after the first quarter was over, your problem now.

!Papacrunk!
07-21-2006, 07:03 PM
MM began to think after the first quarter was over, your problem now.
Um, is this a complete sentence/thought, or do you still have a followup for this gem?

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Um, is this a complete sentence/thought, or do you still have a followup for this gem?

I in all honesty respect you Papa & Chambers posts & think you guys are very intelligent posters. We had a little more of a breakdown of our coaches abilities via the Buffalo news and many other sources. Can MM improve or make better choices, I'll admit he maybe able to. After watching the same little quirks happen over and over again him getting torn a new one by press and fans alike for doing them, I think it's ingrained in him. There is alot of work there your going to need to do to change it and I think Saban has too many duties to babysit one guy. They say the great coaches always like a challenge, well he is in for one there. Just take it for what it's worth.

!Papacrunk!
07-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Can MM improve or make better choices, I'll admit he maybe able to.

So in your previous posts you were calling him the Bills trash, and now you're backtracking and saying he has the ability to get better? Make up your mind brudda.

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 07:29 PM
So in your previous posts you were calling him the Bills trash, and now you're backtracking and saying he has the ability to get better? Make up your mind brudda.

Maybe w/ the right training, he could help your water department. That's about how much better he is going to get.

I personally love that you have him, I think it's the best place he could of went to directly help the Bills. Keep him as long as possible, please.

!Papacrunk!
07-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Maybe w/ the right training, he could help your water department. That's about how much better he is going to get.

I personally love that you have him, I think it's the best place he could of went to directly help the Bills. Keep him as long as possible, please. Do you really know why he was a bad OC other than what others on here have said, or the obvious and flashy trick plays that never worked? I would hope that you're not copying other people's ideas or thoughts that may have originated here or on any other message board in relation to MM being a subpar coach. With that said:

Skooby do me a favor, please list all of the reasons and how they relate to MM's offensive coaching philosphy and why they may not equal success to any football team out there. Please list in details all of his plays and the pros and cons that each may have. Also, please list as many diagrams on his plays as examples. If you need help, you can consult at least ONE wealthy friend.

justasportsfan
07-21-2006, 08:02 PM

Look who's talking? FH has the most homers of any board. Where the hell is Feeley now? Weren't you just bragging about what he did in Philly? Cleo Lemon was the 2nd coming of Elway when the fins first signed him according to FH. So shut the hell up.

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Do you really know why he was a bad OC other than what others on here have said, or the obvious and flashy trick plays that never worked? I would hope that you're not copying other people's ideas or thoughts that may have originated here or on any other message board in relation to MM being a subpar coach. With that said:

Skooby do me a favor, please list all of the reasons and how they relate to MM's offensive coaching philosphy and why they may not equal success to any football team out there. Please list in details all of his plays and the pros and cons that each may have. Also, please list as many diagrams on his plays as examples. If you need help, you can consult at least ONE wealthy friend.

I tell you what, Lets see where your offense is week 8 vs the Bills. 4,000 ZB to the higher one against the whole league for total yards, deal?

!Papacrunk!
07-22-2006, 06:38 AM
I tell you what, Lets see where your offense is week 8 vs the Bills. 4,000 ZB to the higher one against the whole league for total yards, deal?
I'll take that bet, no problem. If the Bills have a better offense, I'll give them props, if the Bills beat Miami in either of the two matchups I'll give them props. I've done it in the past, and I'll man up again if it happens again. Will you?

I still want you to take my challenge and answer my questions from the text you just quoted, since it seems like you're the expert on why MM is terrible. He may be the hack he was in Buffalo, but I want you to explain why he will be, other than the common reasons others have already described in previous posts. Please give as much detail on all of his offensive plays as possible, and don't forget that you can ask at least one wealthy friend for help.

Mitchy moo
07-22-2006, 06:55 AM
I'll take that bet, no problem. If the Bills have a better offense, I'll give them props, if the Bills beat Miami in either of the two matchups I'll give them props. I've done it in the past, and I'll man up again if it happens again. Will you?

I still want you to take my challenge and answer my questions from the text you just quoted, since it seems like you're the expert on why MM is terrible. He may be the hack he was in Buffalo, but I want you to explain why he will be, other than the common reasons others have already described in previous posts. Please give as much detail on all of his offensive plays as possible, and don't forget that you can ask at least one wealthy friend for help.

Cool, the bet is on. I like to tango but I don't dance.

!Papacrunk!
07-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Cool, the bet is on. I like to tango but I don't dance.

So what you're saying is that you can't back up your opinion on why MM is a bad OC then, if I'm reading that last phrase correctly?

Mitchy moo
07-22-2006, 07:14 AM
So what you're saying is that you can't back up your opinion on why MM is a bad OC then, if I'm reading that last phrase correctly?

What it boils down to is you do not direct or control me. Teaching you what I have read and learned over time about MM and the things you keep seeing and hearing are known to buffalonians.

!Papacrunk!
07-22-2006, 07:18 AM
What it boils down to is you do not direct or control me. Teaching you what I have read and learned over time about MM and the things you keep seeing and hearing are known to buffalonians.
lmao, thanks Skoobs for proving my point, case closed

Mitchy moo
07-22-2006, 08:14 AM
lmao, thanks Skoobs for proving my point, case closed

lmao, you are stuck w/ MM. Goodluck, you'll need it.