PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills announce Franchise Tag is placed on Peerless Price

Michael82
02-19-2003, 04:22 PM
We finally have a LINK!!!

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=164670

The Buffalo Bills have decided to place the franchise tag on receiver Peerless Price.

"We did place the franchise tag on Peerless Price today and we continue to try to find a way to sign Peerless and keep him here in Buffalo, said President/General Manager Tom Donahoe via phone from the NFL Combine in Indianapolis. "We remain optimistic that this will be accomplished."

By designating Price as the team's franchise player, Buffalo is offering Price a minimum of the average salary of the top five wide receivers in the league unless a long-term contract agreement is reached. The Bills will continue to negociate with Price and his agent over the next few months.

Although Price is free to negotiate with other teams, the Bills can match any offer or receive two first-round draft choices if they decide not to match.

Schobel94
02-19-2003, 04:23 PM
I trust TD, hes a smart guy and I think he knows what he's doing, I hope he knows what he's doing... cuz if he doesn't!!:chair: :machgun:

Shiny Chicken
02-19-2003, 04:26 PM
can't get much better confirmation than from the teams site itself.

venis2k1
02-19-2003, 04:28 PM
I dont know what to say ;)

clumping platelets
02-19-2003, 04:29 PM
Woo Hoo!!

Gunzlingr
02-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

Although Price is free to negotiate with other teams, the Bills can match any offer or receive two first-round draft choices if they decide not to match.

Hmmm..... 2 first rounders for Peerless. Very Interesting!

Shiny Chicken
02-19-2003, 05:08 PM
I agree with clump... woo hoo!! :D

Romes
02-19-2003, 05:19 PM
Well, after many boring days of Bills news. Today was very welcome. Finally something to talk about, something to argue, something to speculate.

I think I'm with CP on this one. :up: