• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

I found a large problem w/ Miami fans thinking

Look at this post by Feel the pain:

I think you're seriously misguided. You seem sure everything was MM, and it may be that he was the problem...in Buffalo. We aren't Buffalo and we have a HC that isn't named Mike Mularkey. For some reason you refuse to understand that. I don't know what else to tell you if you intentionally refuse to see whats right in front of your face. But you seem to be the one with the issues on this. MM won't do anything Saban doesn't want him to do, do you understand that?? The whole reason Saban wanted full control over every aspect of the organization was to ensure if he fails, he fails of his own doing, no one elses.

Nick Saban = HC
    Mike Mularkey = OC

Can you see it now????

Do you know how hard it is to field a competitive team every year? It is not done by one single person, it's done as a team. Saban cannot talk to every guy, he has to delegate. It's nice to think you have control by setting a gameplan up but Saban is not throwing, running or catching anything. Saban couldn't hold Bill Bel's lunch and Bill had alot of bad years w/ cleveland early in his career, so what makes you think that Saban is so great in his early career?

Snyder spent a fortune bringing in a proven legend Gibbs and spent all the money in the world fielding the best team and where did it get him?

Saban = A newbie coach still wet behind the ears, not god.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND??
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: I found a large problem w/ Miami fans thinking

I uh......wow.......
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

One other small detail about Bill Bel's Pats. He lost someone very important to him, Charlie Weis. Think that may have been a small reason that the Pats fell down in the postseason that early? You need a great staff around you to help you succeed, you cannot do it by yourself. Do you understand that?????

Comment

• bledslow
        • May 2004

Actually,brady had his best offensive year yet last year.The running game just suffered to many injuries.

Miami fans heads swelled up last year after they finished the season on a winning streak,even though the pats back up 2nd and 3rd stringers lost on purpose in the final game of the year in a incredible close game. There offense is terrible(brown is OK) and have a very old overrated defense---3RD PLACE For them this year.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
          • Mar 2004

I normally don't like to do something like this but:

SKOOBY, WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO CREATE BRAND NEW THREADS FROM RANDOM THOUGHTS THAT SHOULD STAY IN THE ORIGINAL THREADS, THE RANDOM THOUGHTS WERE CREATED FROM???

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!

SKOOBY, WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO CREATE BRAND NEW THREADS FROM RANDOM THOUGHTS THAT SHOULD STAY IN THE ORIGINAL THREADS, THE RANDOM THOUGHTS WERE CREATED FROM???
            I would answer that but attacking the poster is not allowed!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!

The threads have only Miami in common, 2 seperate but true subjects so deal w/ it.

Comment

• BUFFruggALO
                • Jun 2006

mularky sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the steelers sucked while he was there and they were awsome once he left!!!!!!!!!!the bills will be the same way!!!!!!!!!it wasent just mularky who made the bills a bad team, it was donahoe too!!!!both them idiots are now gone and its time for buffalo to return back to the top of the nfl were they belong!!!!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I STILL BILL-EVE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                !!!!~~~I aM sOFa kINg wEe tOdD dId~~~!!!!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Oh no not Skooby again.

I wonder how many more of the "Patriots will be lucky to win 7 games" predictions we will see this year like last year.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Mike Mularkey was a HORRIBLE head coach. He couldn't handle the everyday pressures of being the top guy. However, he was not a bad O.C. in Pittsburgh. I hate to admit it, but it's the truth. He was O.C. for three seasons in Pitts, and they were top-3 offensively in 2 of those seasons (2 and 3 respectively). Kordell Stewart was a pro-bowl QB under MM, and Tommy Maddox was the comeback player of the year. In Mularkey's third year, his offensive line was decimated, and the offense just can't go without a line as we Buffalo fans certainly know. As a matter of fact, it wasn't until December of that year that he had all 5 starters play together.

Now, I hope he fails miserably in Miami, and I hope Saban fails. However, we can't just throw away the guys successes because he stunk with us. Hopefully Jauron turns his fortunes around with us and we surprise some people this year.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TedMock
                      Mike Mularkey was a HORRIBLE head coach. He couldn't handle the everyday pressures of being the top guy. However, he was not a bad O.C. in Pittsburgh. I hate to admit it, but it's the truth. He was O.C. for three seasons in Pitts, and they were top-3 offensively in 2 of those seasons (2 and 3 respectively). Kordell Stewart was a pro-bowl QB under MM, and Tommy Maddox was the comeback player of the year. In Mularkey's third year, his offensive line was decimated, and the offense just can't go without a line as we Buffalo fans certainly know. As a matter of fact, it wasn't until December of that year that he had all 5 starters play together.

Now, I hope he fails miserably in Miami, and I hope Saban fails. However, we can't just throw away the guys successes because he stunk with us. Hopefully Jauron turns his fortunes around with us and we surprise some people this year.

Up by 21 points, 1 down on the 3 yard line in an away stadium, what do you do?

Nuff said.

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

That was definitely a bad call, but who called it? As bad as Mularkey was with game-day decisions, we all forget about Tom Clements and his horrible play-calling. In any event, I think my point about Mularkey was made. I'm not saying he's the best O.C. in football, I'm only saying he was successful in that position. There's certainly no arguing that fact.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

That was definitely a bad call, but who called it? As bad as Mularkey was with game-day decisions, we all forget about Tom Clements and his horrible play-calling. In any event, I think my point about Mularkey was made. I'm not saying he's the best O.C. in football, I'm only saying he was successful in that position. There's certainly no arguing that fact.
                          How do you measure success, Championships or 2nd and beyond?

Comment

• TedMock
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                            How do you measure success, Championships or 2nd and beyond?
                            I think that's an absurd cliche' used in bad TV pieces. There isn't 1 level of success. There are also circumstances and factors in any given year that determine what "success" is. Are you a complete failure for finishing 2nd? That's essentially the same thought process, and equally ridiculous. Was Marv Levy a successful coach? Absolutely. Did he feel the joys of ultimate success? No. We didn't win the big one, so there will always be that hole in his belly. However, he was a very successful coach none-the-less. To even suggest otherwise would be irrational. If your offense is #2 in the NFL, it's a successful offense whether or not the team wins the championship. We could go even further and say Bill Belichick is a complete failure. I mean as a head coach he's only been successful 3 times in 11 years. That's 27%. Terrible, right? He's failed 73% of the time. God bless the poor guy. I'm obviously being sarcastic.

Of course we all strive to be the very best at what we do, but reality is that one person cannot be the very best at everything they do.

To assume that ANY Bills fan is satisfied with finishing 2nd is ridiculous. None of us are. I'd be happy if we made the playoffs this year, but not completely satisfied. I'm also not satisfied when we win a game in which we play poorly. Make sense? The whole "How do you measure success?" question is just very cliche' in sports. Of course they all strive for the championship, and all fans long for one. That's the ultimate success, but not the only success.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Who brought Tom Clements in? Mularkey wanted him. That being said, Mularkey quietly took over play calling midway through the season...

Comment

Working...
                              X