PDA

View Full Version : I found a large problem w/ Miami fans thinking

Mitchy moo
07-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Look at this post by Feel the pain:

I think you're seriously misguided. You seem sure everything was MM, and it may be that he was the problem...in Buffalo. We aren't Buffalo and we have a HC that isn't named Mike Mularkey. For some reason you refuse to understand that. I don't know what else to tell you if you intentionally refuse to see whats right in front of your face. But you seem to be the one with the issues on this. MM won't do anything Saban doesn't want him to do, do you understand that?? The whole reason Saban wanted full control over every aspect of the organization was to ensure if he fails, he fails of his own doing, no one elses.

Nick Saban = HC
Mike Mularkey = OC

Can you see it now????

Do you know how hard it is to field a competitive team every year? It is not done by one single person, it's done as a team. Saban cannot talk to every guy, he has to delegate. It's nice to think you have control by setting a gameplan up but Saban is not throwing, running or catching anything. Saban couldn't hold Bill Bel's lunch and Bill had alot of bad years w/ cleveland early in his career, so what makes you think that Saban is so great in his early career?

Snyder spent a fortune bringing in a proven legend Gibbs and spent all the money in the world fielding the best team and where did it get him?

Saban = A newbie coach still wet behind the ears, not god.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND??

Devin
07-20-2006, 11:13 PM
I uh......wow.......

Mitchy moo
07-20-2006, 11:31 PM
One other small detail about Bill Bel's Pats. He lost someone very important to him, Charlie Weis. Think that may have been a small reason that the Pats fell down in the postseason that early? You need a great staff around you to help you succeed, you cannot do it by yourself. Do you understand that?????

bledslow
07-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Actually,brady had his best offensive year yet last year.The running game just suffered to many injuries.

Miami fans heads swelled up last year after they finished the season on a winning streak,even though the pats back up 2nd and 3rd stringers lost on purpose in the final game of the year in a incredible close game. There offense is terrible(brown is OK) and have a very old overrated defense---3RD PLACE For them this year.

!Papacrunk!
07-21-2006, 06:30 AM
I normally don't like to do something like this but:

SKOOBY, WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO CREATE BRAND NEW THREADS FROM RANDOM THOUGHTS THAT SHOULD STAY IN THE ORIGINAL THREADS, THE RANDOM THOUGHTS WERE CREATED FROM???

LtFinFan66
07-21-2006, 06:33 AM

SKOOBY, WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO CREATE BRAND NEW THREADS FROM RANDOM THOUGHTS THAT SHOULD STAY IN THE ORIGINAL THREADS, THE RANDOM THOUGHTS WERE CREATED FROM???I would answer that but attacking the poster is not allowed!

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 07:14 AM

SKOOBY, WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO CREATE BRAND NEW THREADS FROM RANDOM THOUGHTS THAT SHOULD STAY IN THE ORIGINAL THREADS, THE RANDOM THOUGHTS WERE CREATED FROM???

The threads have only Miami in common, 2 seperate but true subjects so deal w/ it.

BUFFruggALO
07-21-2006, 07:19 AM
mularky sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the steelers sucked while he was there and they were awsome once he left!!!!!!!!!!the bills will be the same way!!!!!!!!!it wasent just mularky who made the bills a bad team, it was donahoe too!!!!both them idiots are now gone and its time for buffalo to return back to the top of the nfl were they belong!!!!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I STILL BILL-EVE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BillsFever21
07-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Oh no not Skooby again.

I wonder how many more of the "Patriots will be lucky to win 7 games" predictions we will see this year like last year.

TedMock
07-21-2006, 07:57 AM
Mike Mularkey was a HORRIBLE head coach. He couldn't handle the everyday pressures of being the top guy. However, he was not a bad O.C. in Pittsburgh. I hate to admit it, but it's the truth. He was O.C. for three seasons in Pitts, and they were top-3 offensively in 2 of those seasons (2 and 3 respectively). Kordell Stewart was a pro-bowl QB under MM, and Tommy Maddox was the comeback player of the year. In Mularkey's third year, his offensive line was decimated, and the offense just can't go without a line as we Buffalo fans certainly know. As a matter of fact, it wasn't until December of that year that he had all 5 starters play together.

Now, I hope he fails miserably in Miami, and I hope Saban fails. However, we can't just throw away the guys successes because he stunk with us. Hopefully Jauron turns his fortunes around with us and we surprise some people this year.

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Mike Mularkey was a HORRIBLE head coach. He couldn't handle the everyday pressures of being the top guy. However, he was not a bad O.C. in Pittsburgh. I hate to admit it, but it's the truth. He was O.C. for three seasons in Pitts, and they were top-3 offensively in 2 of those seasons (2 and 3 respectively). Kordell Stewart was a pro-bowl QB under MM, and Tommy Maddox was the comeback player of the year. In Mularkey's third year, his offensive line was decimated, and the offense just can't go without a line as we Buffalo fans certainly know. As a matter of fact, it wasn't until December of that year that he had all 5 starters play together.

Now, I hope he fails miserably in Miami, and I hope Saban fails. However, we can't just throw away the guys successes because he stunk with us. Hopefully Jauron turns his fortunes around with us and we surprise some people this year.

Up by 21 points, 1 down on the 3 yard line in an away stadium, what do you do?

Nuff said.

TedMock
07-21-2006, 08:07 AM
That was definitely a bad call, but who called it? As bad as Mularkey was with game-day decisions, we all forget about Tom Clements and his horrible play-calling. In any event, I think my point about Mularkey was made. I'm not saying he's the best O.C. in football, I'm only saying he was successful in that position. There's certainly no arguing that fact.

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 08:09 AM
That was definitely a bad call, but who called it? As bad as Mularkey was with game-day decisions, we all forget about Tom Clements and his horrible play-calling. In any event, I think my point about Mularkey was made. I'm not saying he's the best O.C. in football, I'm only saying he was successful in that position. There's certainly no arguing that fact.

How do you measure success, Championships or 2nd and beyond?

TedMock
07-21-2006, 08:50 AM
How do you measure success, Championships or 2nd and beyond?

I think that's an absurd cliche' used in bad TV pieces. There isn't 1 level of success. There are also circumstances and factors in any given year that determine what "success" is. Are you a complete failure for finishing 2nd? That's essentially the same thought process, and equally ridiculous. Was Marv Levy a successful coach? Absolutely. Did he feel the joys of ultimate success? No. We didn't win the big one, so there will always be that hole in his belly. However, he was a very successful coach none-the-less. To even suggest otherwise would be irrational. If your offense is #2 in the NFL, it's a successful offense whether or not the team wins the championship. We could go even further and say Bill Belichick is a complete failure. I mean as a head coach he's only been successful 3 times in 11 years. That's 27%. Terrible, right? He's failed 73% of the time. God bless the poor guy. I'm obviously being sarcastic.

Of course we all strive to be the very best at what we do, but reality is that one person cannot be the very best at everything they do.

To assume that ANY Bills fan is satisfied with finishing 2nd is ridiculous. None of us are. I'd be happy if we made the playoffs this year, but not completely satisfied. I'm also not satisfied when we win a game in which we play poorly. Make sense? The whole "How do you measure success?" question is just very cliche' in sports. Of course they all strive for the championship, and all fans long for one. That's the ultimate success, but not the only success.

mysticsoto
07-21-2006, 08:55 AM

Who brought Tom Clements in? Mularkey wanted him. That being said, Mularkey quietly took over play calling midway through the season...

TedMock
07-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Who brought Tom Clements in? Mularkey wanted him. That being said, Mularkey quietly took over play calling midway through the season...

He absolutely did, and gave it back again. Like I said, he was a HORRIBLE HEAD COACH. He could not handle day-to-day operating of the team. He was indecisive, and weak. I agree 100% with that.

My point is this. He did have some success as the OC in Pittsburgh. That's it. Is that not true? When he was only an OC, he did well at it.

Everybody keeps saying "oh, with the Bills he sucked....blah, blah...." Well, no *****. Yes, he did suck with us. I never said otherwise. He did not suck in Pittsburgh. That's it. What am I missing?

Mysticsoto, I'm not attacking you as I feel you make valid points on this board. I just feel like my point got completely lost here.

Goobylal
07-21-2006, 09:04 AM
I realize that Mularkey won't be the HC in Miami, but does anyone else realize that Mularkey was CALLING THE PLAYS for most of last year, including and especially that Miami game? Yep, Clements had been demoted after the 4th game I believe and Mularkey was responsible for the inept offense. That's why I was glad he went to Miami.

And as for the Pats, they'll never recover (i.e. buh bye SB's) from losing Weis and Crennel. And while Brady had his best statistical year, his other best statistical year was 2002, when they failed to even make the playoffs. The Pats don't want Brady tossing the rock a lot.

justasportsfan
07-21-2006, 09:20 AM
I think MM knows his X's and O's. Finding the right players to pull it off is what his problem was. He friendly attitude towards players isn't gonna get any respect from them either . Saban can deal w/ that though.

Irish Phin Fan
07-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey guys. I'm not really sure if MM will be calling plays in Miami or if Saban will handle this. He was a very good OC at Pitts and why he struggled in Buffalo is beyond me. Maybe he just didn't mesh with the team but I'd like to believe he will have a lot of success in Miami and I'm glad to have him.

mysticsoto
07-21-2006, 02:00 PM
He absolutely did, and gave it back again. Like I said, he was a HORRIBLE HEAD COACH. He could not handle day-to-day operating of the team. He was indecisive, and weak. I agree 100% with that.

My point is this. He did have some success as the OC in Pittsburgh. That's it. Is that not true? When he was only an OC, he did well at it.

Everybody keeps saying "oh, with the Bills he sucked....blah, blah...." Well, no *****. Yes, he did suck with us. I never said otherwise. He did not suck in Pittsburgh. That's it. What am I missing?

Mysticsoto, I'm not attacking you as I feel you make valid points on this board. I just feel like my point got completely lost here.

Mularkey also benefitted a great deal by great Pittsburgh Steelers personnel (good drafting and strong HC).

But on his own, he showed he couldn't do much. There were a number of terrible decisions he made as a coach and even on specific play calling...how many times did he try to pull a gadget play only for it to backfire? Emphasizing gadget plays over sound football is never a good strategy...Saban better tell him up front "No Gadget Plays!" or Miami is in for a long season!!!

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Mularkey also benefitted a great deal by great Pittsburgh Steelers personnel (good drafting and strong HC).

But on his own, he showed he couldn't do much. There were a number of terrible decisions he made as a coach and even on specific play calling...how many times did he try to pull a gadget play only for it to backfire? Emphasizing gadget plays over sound football is never a good strategy...Saban better tell him up front "No Gadget Plays!" or Miami is in for a long season!!!

With no Ricky and a old D, they are already in for a long season.

Goobylal
07-21-2006, 04:05 PM
When Mularkey became the Bills' head coach, almost every Steeler fan I heard from talked about Mularkey's penchant for gimmick/trick plays and said that since Clements would be the OC, that might not happen. Guess they were right.

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 04:33 PM
When Mularkey became the Bills' head coach, almost every Steeler fan I heard from talked about Mularkey's penchant for gimmick/trick plays and said that since Clements would be the OC, that might not happen. Guess they were right.

Exactly my point, it's his M.O.

Goobylal
07-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Yep. And even when he's NOT using tricks, his play-calling stinks. Just look at the Miami game last year for proof of that (and proof of what a nitwit Saban is, i.e. hiring Mularkey to run his offense despite seeing firsthand how bad he was).

!Papacrunk!
07-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I don't know why Saban didn't consult people from a message board to base his decisions and philosophies on.

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Yep. And even when he's NOT using tricks, his play-calling stinks. Just look at the Miami game last year for proof of that (and proof of what a nitwit Saban is, i.e. hiring Mularkey to run his offense despite seeing firsthand how bad he was).

One might think wow thank god this guy isn't in my coaching squad.

Goobylal
07-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I don't know why Saban didn't consult people from a message board to base his decisions and philosophies on.
Thank goodness. It's apparent Saban did NOT know that Mularkey ran the Bills' offense for most of last year. :dance:

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Thank goodness. It's apparent Saban did NOT know that Mularkey ran the Bills' offense for most of last year. :dance:

I guess that means Saban is not a all powerful "god", like most Dollphans think he is. I think Saban will figure it out after a while, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Marino13Phins
07-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Oh no not Skooby again.

I wonder how many more of the "Patriots will be lucky to win 7 games" predictions we will see this year like last year.

:rofl: I wonder if skooby realizes he doesn't have many followers on this board.

Marino13Phins
07-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Up by 21 points, 1 down on the 3 yard line in an away stadium, what do you do?

Nuff said.

Taht seems to be the only thing you fall back on constantly. Thigns change when someone goes somehwere else, they don't always stay the same. Just because someone is bad one year somehwere, doesn't mean he will be bad the next somewehre else.

He did well in Pitt as the OC, and that's what he is in Miami.

!Papacrunk!
07-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Taht seems to be the only thing you fall back on constantly. Thigns change when someone goes somehwere else, they don't always stay the same. Just because someone is bad one year somehwere, doesn't mean he will be bad the next somewehre else.

He did well in Pitt as the OC, and that's what he is in Miami.
So I wonder if Bills fans think that since Mularkey was bad in the past that he will always continue to be bad?

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 07:11 PM
So I wonder if Bills fans think that since Mularkey was bad in the past that he will always continue to be bad?

I in all honesty respect you Papa & Chambers posts & think you guys are very intelligent posters. We had a little more of a breakdown of our coaches abilities via the Buffalo news and many other sources. Can MM improve or make better choices, I'll admit he maybe able to. After watching the same little quirks happen over and over again him getting torn a new one by press and fans alike for doing them, I think it's ingrained in him. There is alot of work there your going to need to do to change it and I think Saban has too many duties to babysit one guy. They say the great coaches always like a challenge, well he is in for one there. Just take it for what it's worth.

!Papacrunk!
07-21-2006, 07:27 PM
I in all honesty respect you Papa & Chambers posts & think you guys are very intelligent posters. We had a little more of a breakdown of our coaches abilities via the Buffalo news and many other sources. Can MM improve or make better choices, I'll admit he maybe able to. After watching the same little quirks happen over and over again him getting torn a new one by press and fans alike for doing them, I think it's ingrained in him. There is alot of work there your going to need to do to change it and I think Saban has too many duties to babysit one guy. They say the great coaches always like a challenge, well he is in for one there. Just take it for what it's worth.

you do realize you made this same post in two different threads, correct?

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 07:32 PM
you do realize you made this same post in two different threads, correct?

You guys asked a similiar question and I think it deserved repeating because it applied in both cases. You think you have the heart of a great OC, we Bills fans know you have a problem.

feelthepain
07-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Gee I wonder why Skooby isn't all over Jurons nuts, what was his record in Chicago???

Mitchy moo
07-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Gee I wonder why Skooby isn't all over Jurons nuts, what was his record in Chicago???

Better than Moolarkeys

feelthepain
07-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Better than Moolarkeys

In his five seasons in Chicago, Jauron accumulated a 35-46 (.432) overall record.

In Mularkey’s two years in Buffalo, the team posted a composite record of 14-18, including a 9-7 mark in his first season there as the Bills reeled off wins in nine of their final 12 games.

Yeah, better then Mularkey! Juron is 11 games under 500. and MM is 4. An occasional fact would help your rep. So far, I've yet to see you do anything but post for effect. Your vendetta for previous memebers of the Bills is getting old. Why don't you look at the hill your own team has to climb and stop hoping everyone elses team (especially the Dolphins) fails.

Kadiddlehopper
07-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Don't forget, Saban didn't like Linehan's play calling and changed it.
We are not running MM's offense either. It' still Linehans. If MM's play calling
is suspect Nick will do the same again.

Mitchy moo
07-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Don't forget, Saban didn't like Linehan's play calling and changed it.
We are not running MM's offense either. It' still Linehans. If MM's play calling
is suspect Nick will do the same again.

ok.

Marino13Phins
07-22-2006, 02:24 PM
You guys asked a similiar question and I think it deserved repeating because it applied in both cases. You think you have the heart of a great OC, we Bills fans know you have a problem.

I can see what your saying, but you are also saying you are garutneeing there is going to be a problem. And you can't make that garuntee, things can change. The only way we are going to be able to see who is right is after teh season starts. I think Saban is going to be able to control him and there won't be a problem, you obviously think differently.