• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Drew To Play Entire First Half!!!

Friday's game: Drew Bledsoe will play at least the majority of the first half or possibly the entire half depending on the number of offensive plays. Alex Van Pelt will fill in for Bledsoe before giving way to Travis Brown, who will play the bulk of the second half. David Priestly may work the final series or two depending on the flow.

I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. If they get him hurt, I quit.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Baaaaaaaaaad Idea!
    with the current state of the O.L.
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

Good thing the Viking defense blows.

Comment

• Quizlet2002
        Veteran Zoner
        • Aug 2002

ahh

would you guys suck it up...pa-lease. The guy went face forward into a linebacker last year- I realy doubt he will get hurt- Our O has improved and there D SUCKS down

Comment

• FlownTheCoop
          Red Foreman says: Squish the Damn Fish
          • Aug 2002

He'll probably play the first halves of the Vikings and Colts games, then play a series in the finale at Detroit.

It's pretty standard pre-season workload, and I'm sure they're not going to cut down on his reps when he missed a lot of 2001.
          Comic Book Guy Last night's game was, without a doubt, the worst ever. Rest assured, I was on the internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

I'm suprised he's playing that much. Our passing game looked really good last week so it doesn't need a ton of work., We're also gonna play the Vikes in week 2 so you don't want to tip your hand too much as to what you're first-string offense is gonna be like.
            Personally, I'd have DB play 3 series like last time, but try and concentrate on the running game this time - obviously if they start to stack the line or something, then pass. This way the coaches can see how the running game might look with the first string offense. After that, let TB and AVP battle it out so we can see who will be better if, God forbid, DB goes down with an injury in the season.

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

IMO they didn’t play the starters enough in preseason last year and it showed with a slow start. Let’s get these guys out there and give them time to gel.
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• FlownTheCoop
                Red Foreman says: Squish the Damn Fish
                • Aug 2002

They might play him more this week than next, considering it's a home game and they want to show him off to the home fans.

Against the Colts, he might not get as many reps (although the next three weeks feature defenses that aren't exactly top shelf...)
                Comic Book Guy Last night's game was, without a doubt, the worst ever. Rest assured, I was on the internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

By all means play most of the first stringers the first half...

but if Drew goes down, we are screwed.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

The Vikings Defense isn't that good so we should be OK with Drew playing longer. I'd hate to see him in there for a long period of time in the last preseason game.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

i think it's good that he's getting reps but that may be too long.pull him half way through the 2nd quarter.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• MissBuffalo
                        Quiddity
                        • Jul 2002

I agree saburzfan. I'm a bit nervous that he might get hurt, but they really do need to get real game time together.
                        See me here pushing you
                        If I then deny I do
                        Contemplate or wish away
                        If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                          Expert on Experts
                          • Jul 2002

I'm glad he's playing. Everyone is focusing on the fact that he might get hut. Of course no one wants this. But he's learning a new system and I think the reps will be good. There's nothing like game experience to learn things.

Besides we dont have RJ anymore remember. He can take a couple hits. And plus I want to see him play more

Oh wait, west coast, game probably won't be on. Damn.

Comment

• Bufftp
                            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

I like the idea of DB and 1st team O playing together for half, but unde the current O-line circumstances I say noooo, please not now, take a deep breath and boy.....
                            Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                            "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                            Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                            - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                            to be led by permanent ideals -
                            that is what keeps a man patient
                            when the world ignores him,
                            and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

I think they announced that mainly to get people in the seats on Friday. I'd be stunned if Drew goes any farther than the middle of the second quarter (anything over one quarter is "the majority of the first half").
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X