PDA

View Full Version : Drew To Play Entire First Half!!!

lordofgun
08-15-2002, 12:34 PM
Friday's game: Drew Bledsoe will play at least the majority of the first half or possibly the entire half depending on the number of offensive plays. Alex Van Pelt will fill in for Bledsoe before giving way to Travis Brown, who will play the bulk of the second half. David Priestly may work the final series or two depending on the flow.

<hr>

I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. :mad: If they get him hurt, I quit.

Bufftp
08-15-2002, 01:04 PM
Baaaaaaaaaad Idea!
with the current state of the O.L.
:lastyr:

Earthquake Enyart
08-15-2002, 01:08 PM
Good thing the Viking defense blows.

Quizlet2002
08-15-2002, 01:22 PM
would you guys suck it up...pa-lease. The guy went face forward into a linebacker last year- I realy doubt he will get hurt- Our O has improved and there D SUCKS :calm: down

FlownTheCoop
08-15-2002, 01:24 PM
He'll probably play the first halves of the Vikings and Colts games, then play a series in the finale at Detroit.

It's pretty standard pre-season workload, and I'm sure they're not going to cut down on his reps when he missed a lot of 2001.

HenryRules
08-15-2002, 01:39 PM
I'm suprised he's playing that much. Our passing game looked really good last week so it doesn't need a ton of work., We're also gonna play the Vikes in week 2 so you don't want to tip your hand too much as to what you're first-string offense is gonna be like.
Personally, I'd have DB play 3 series like last time, but try and concentrate on the running game this time - obviously if they start to stack the line or something, then pass. This way the coaches can see how the running game might look with the first string offense. After that, let TB and AVP battle it out so we can see who will be better if, God forbid, DB goes down with an injury in the season.

Patrick76777
08-15-2002, 01:39 PM
IMO they didn’t play the starters enough in preseason last year and it showed with a slow start. Let’s get these guys out there and give them time to gel.

FlownTheCoop
08-15-2002, 01:42 PM
They might play him more this week than next, considering it's a home game and they want to show him off to the home fans.

Against the Colts, he might not get as many reps (although the next three weeks feature defenses that aren't exactly top shelf...)

lordofgun
08-15-2002, 02:20 PM
By all means play most of the first stringers the first half...

but if Drew goes down, we are screwed.

The_Philster
08-15-2002, 04:03 PM
The Vikings Defense isn't that good so we should be OK with Drew playing longer. I'd hate to see him in there for a long period of time in the last preseason game.

SABURZFAN
08-15-2002, 05:01 PM
i think it's good that he's getting reps but that may be too long.pull him half way through the 2nd quarter.

MissBuffalo
08-15-2002, 05:45 PM
I agree saburzfan. I'm a bit nervous that he might get hurt, but they really do need to get real game time together.

SoCalBillsFan
08-15-2002, 05:54 PM
I'm glad he's playing. Everyone is focusing on the fact that he might get hut. Of course no one wants this. But he's learning a new system and I think the reps will be good. There's nothing like game experience to learn things.

Besides we dont have RJ anymore remember. He can take a couple hits. And plus I want to see him play more :D

Oh wait, west coast, game probably won't be on. Damn.

Bufftp
08-15-2002, 06:29 PM
I like the idea of DB and 1st team O playing together for half, but unde the current O-line circumstances I say noooo, please not now, take a deep breath and boy.....:rock:

Meathead
08-15-2002, 06:49 PM
I think they announced that mainly to get people in the seats on Friday. I'd be stunned if Drew goes any farther than the middle of the second quarter (anything over one quarter is "the majority of the first half").

TigerJ
08-15-2002, 08:10 PM
Hopefully the Bills will work on the running game so DB can just hand off and get out of the way.

H2OBFLO
08-15-2002, 08:20 PM
I question that call with the injuries to our line, but Gregg should know what he's doing, we're all counting on that!
I can still hold a beer with my fingers crossed :)
H2OBFLO

Novacane
08-15-2002, 09:12 PM
I would not have a problem with this if Chris freaking Farris was not the left takle! I hope the concentrate on the running game tomorrow night.

The_Philster
08-16-2002, 03:21 AM
I'm thinking theyv probably will work harder on the running game than anything. It never got on track last week but they're keeping Drew in longer so that he still gets the same throwing as last week.

mybills
08-16-2002, 07:02 AM
He won't get hurt from being sacked. One of the few good things I can say about Drew is, that unlike RJ, he always gets back up from a sack. I'd worry about him running out of bounds though, he doesn't do that very well.:rolleyes: