• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Response from the Price Camp

Chris Brown of WGR has contacted Tim McGee the agent for Peerless Price. Brown reports that McGee had a one word response to the news of Price's tagging:

Diappointment.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • ArcticWildMan

Gee, what a surprise. An agent unhappy with with his client being tagged.

I just hope this guy doesn't poison Price's thoughts and make it so we can't negotiate a deal.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Yeah, of course. I hate these agents...they could care less about the team or the player...they just want their big pay day!

Comment

• Judge
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Mike32282
        Yeah, of course. I hate these agents...they could care less about the team or the player...they just want their big pay day!
        They're not there to care about the team. All agents care about the player- that's their client.
        Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I hope they negotiate a deal and then trade his ass to Cincy. I bet that would make him happy.

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

Yeah, well I got three words for Price's agent: shut your mouth!

This guy is clearly an idiot. What a bummer, being paid the average of the top five receivers in the league.
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I' ve got a number for Price's agent to call:

1-800-cry-baby

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge

They're not there to care about the team. All agents care about the player- that's their client.
                Your kidding right? All these guys care about is their wallets. They could give a damn about the Player or the team.
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• Billz_fan
                  • Jan 2003

hmm

The only reason to tag Peerless IMO is if some others really want him bad enough.

Let them bid for him, decide not to match and take the 2 1st rounders.

As far as the agent goes, thats just typical. He sure wasn't gonna say we are thrilled He is out to get his man the best deal possible which in turn get the agent the best deal possible
                  The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• BLeonard
                    BoB Sabermetrician
                    • Jan 2003

Tim McGee will make more being Price's agent this season than he did during his NFL career... :)

-Bill

Comment

• Judge
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by kgun12

Your kidding right? All these guys care about is their wallets. They could give a damn about the Player or the team.
                      What's good for the player is good for the agent. The agent has a fiduciary duty to represent his client, which means negotiating the best possible deal for his client. That of course means a higher fee for him.

What a surprise that the agent is upset- he probably could have gotten a better deal than the franchise tag allows, and is rightfully upset for Price and himself.

You have to be kidding to resent the agent for that.
                      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• colin
                        Drew's my hero!
                        • Jul 2002

hmmmm, we might be doing a sign and swap. Could be good.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Agents and their greed cause more harm than good. What good does it do to land a record setting contract for a player if it makes it so the team can't afford anybody else?

I would think in the long run, a player could make a lot more in endorsements or future contracts if they give up a little cash so the team can maybe get a few other quality players and field a winning team.

Comment

• Judge
                            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                            Agents and their greed cause more harm than good. What good does it do to land a record setting contract for a player if it makes it so the team can't afford anybody else?

I would think in the long run, a player could make a lot more in endorsements or future contracts if they give up a little cash so the team can maybe get a few other quality players and field a winning team.
                            This shows no comprehension of what agents do for their clients.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

The agent is upset because he was plannong on cashing in on the signing bonus Price would of got from a long term deal. If Price does not sign a long term deal then the player goes to another agent next year then McGee gets squat...
                              Last edited by don137; 02-19-2003, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X