X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PUCKER
    • Sep 2004

Sabres fans ranting over sword-less logo

Good article I saw on the front of the Buffalo News Friday. 15000 signatures!!!!!!

Many Buffalo Sabres fans have been anything but kind.

They have called the team's presumed new logo - the head and hunched upper body of a buffalo - every name in the book.
    They say it looks like - take your pick - Donald Trump's hair, a banana slug, Bobby Hull's ratty toupee, even a colostomy bag.
    At the center of the firestorm sits a 24-year-old Cheektowaga man who has mobilized this resentment into a Web site petition that now carries more than 15,000 "signatures."
    The purpose of Drew Celestino's Web site, www.fixthelogo.com, is as subtle as a center-ice hip check: "Our sole purpose is to give the fans a place to voice their disappointment, displeasure, hatred, loathing and general disdain of this design," the Web site's mission statement says.

One word of caution: Only the Buffalo Sabres and the makers of their new uniforms know for sure what the jerseys will look like, and top Sabres officials adamantly refuse to discuss anything about the team's new look for next season.
    Team officials have said the Sabres are going back to a blue-and-gold color scheme, but there has been no hint the crossed swords will be featured on the jerseys. That's where much of the fans' anger comes from.

More: http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...21/1052810.asp
    Zapper's Hit List:
    SABURZFAN -
    SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
    Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
    http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sabres fans ranting over sword-less logo

save the electricity...won't do any good...there is rumor out there that the Sabres have already trademarked the "electrified squirrel"...yuck.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SkateZilla
      • Dec 2002

im gonna laugh, because people are spending more time whining about hte logo, and its never been unvieled .. just "Leaked" in 20 different variants by 20 different people who got one of their buddies to photoshop them something,

im gonna laught when fixthelogo.com paid for his webhosting and bandwidth and stiff over nothing...
      Skate Zilla
      -----------------------
      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SkateZilla
        im gonna laugh, because people are spending more time whining about hte logo, and its never been unvieled .. just "Leaked" in 20 different variants by 20 different people who got one of their buddies to photoshop them something,

im gonna laught when fixthelogo.com paid for his webhosting and bandwidth and stiff over nothing...
        Even if it is the new rumored logo...who cares? People just complain too much. I'm going to wait and see what it is all about before I give my opinion.

Comment

• SkateZilla
          • Dec 2002

The Names ON the Back is a HUlleva lot more important than the Logo On teh Front.... Dizzle..
          Skate Zilla
          -----------------------
          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            save the electricity...won't do any good...there is rumor out there that the Sabres have already trademarked the "electrified squirrel"...yuck.
            Why? Who on earth would want to steal that?
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PUCKER
              Good article I saw on the front of the Buffalo News Friday. 15000 signatures!!!!!!

Many Buffalo Sabres fans have been anything but kind.

They have called the team's presumed new logo - the head and hunched upper body of a buffalo - every name in the book.
              They say it looks like - take your pick - Donald Trump's hair, a banana slug, Bobby Hull's ratty toupee, even a colostomy bag.
              At the center of the firestorm sits a 24-year-old Cheektowaga man who has mobilized this resentment into a Web site petition that now carries more than 15,000 "signatures."
              The purpose of Drew Celestino's Web site, www.fixthelogo.com, is as subtle as a center-ice hip check: "Our sole purpose is to give the fans a place to voice their disappointment, displeasure, hatred, loathing and general disdain of this design," the Web site's mission statement says.

One word of caution: Only the Buffalo Sabres and the makers of their new uniforms know for sure what the jerseys will look like, and top Sabres officials adamantly refuse to discuss anything about the team's new look for next season.
              Team officials have said the Sabres are going back to a blue-and-gold color scheme, but there has been no hint the crossed swords will be featured on the jerseys. That's where much of the fans' anger comes from.

More: http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...21/1052810.asp

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                Even if it is the new rumored logo...who cares? People just complain too much. I'm going to wait and see what it is all about before I give my opinion.
                aHHHHH your one of those bandwagon fans arn't you?
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

Comment

• SkateZilla
                    • Dec 2002

for all you know it will be their business letterhead or something..
                    Skate Zilla
                    -----------------------
                    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

for all we know you could being smoking crack or something.....

Comment

• SkateZilla
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                        for all we know you could being smoking crack or something.....
                        no .... I get this way when i dont get enough sleep :),

but seriiously, they can use their tradmark for other things except the jersey, Letterheards... TV Logo/Overlays, Other Merchandise, [obviously wigs better be one]
                        Skate Zilla
                        -----------------------
                        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• JD
                          Sabres Zone
                          • Sep 2003

I HAVE REALLY BAD NEWS... oh my god

Saw this on another forum. I don't think it gets much more official than this.

This SUCKS.

Here's a link (query the owner name or serial numbers below):

Go here: http://www.uspto.gov/main/trademarks.htm
                          - click on Search (on right side of screen)
                          - click on New User Form Search (Basic)
                          - for Search Term type "Hockey Western New York"
                          - change the Field drop down box to "Owner Name and Address"
                          - click on Submit Query

or change the Field drop down box to search Serial #'s and use the following:

Slug Logo - 78927159 and 78927157
                          B Logo - 78927157 and 78927125

or if your lazy..just click here
                          A search you complete before applying for a trademark registration to make sure your trademark is available to register for your particular goods or services, and to make sure that no other trademark conflicts with it.

or here
                          A search you complete before applying for a trademark registration to make sure your trademark is available to register for your particular goods or services, and to make sure that no other trademark conflicts with it.

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Re: I HAVE REALLY BAD NEWS... oh my god

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              The Bills trademarked the ******ed "B" logo too. That still got canned.

Comment

Working...
                              X