PDA

View Full Version : Sabres fans ranting over sword-less logo

PUCKER
07-22-2006, 01:45 AM
Good article I saw on the front of the Buffalo News Friday. 15000 signatures!!!!!! :bf1:

Many Buffalo Sabres fans have been anything but kind.

They have called the team's presumed new logo - the head and hunched upper body of a buffalo - every name in the book.
They say it looks like - take your pick - Donald Trump's hair, a banana slug, Bobby Hull's ratty toupee, even a colostomy bag.
At the center of the firestorm sits a 24-year-old Cheektowaga man who has mobilized this resentment into a Web site petition that now carries more than 15,000 "signatures."
The purpose of Drew Celestino's Web site, www.fixthelogo.com (http://www.fixthelogo.com/), is as subtle as a center-ice hip check: "Our sole purpose is to give the fans a place to voice their disappointment, displeasure, hatred, loathing and general disdain of this design," the Web site's mission statement says.

One word of caution: Only the Buffalo Sabres and the makers of their new uniforms know for sure what the jerseys will look like, and top Sabres officials adamantly refuse to discuss anything about the team's new look for next season.
Team officials have said the Sabres are going back to a blue-and-gold color scheme, but there has been no hint the crossed swords will be featured on the jerseys. That's where much of the fans' anger comes from.

More: http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060721/1052810.asp

Ebenezer
07-22-2006, 01:53 AM
save the electricity...won't do any good...there is rumor out there that the Sabres have already trademarked the "electrified squirrel"...yuck.

SkateZilla
07-22-2006, 03:32 AM
im gonna laugh, because people are spending more time whining about hte logo, and its never been unvieled .. just "Leaked" in 20 different variants by 20 different people who got one of their buddies to photoshop them something,

im gonna laught when fixthelogo.com paid for his webhosting and bandwidth and stiff over nothing...:respect:

Nighthawk
07-22-2006, 08:34 AM
im gonna laugh, because people are spending more time whining about hte logo, and its never been unvieled .. just "Leaked" in 20 different variants by 20 different people who got one of their buddies to photoshop them something,

im gonna laught when fixthelogo.com paid for his webhosting and bandwidth and stiff over nothing...:respect:

Even if it is the new rumored logo...who cares? People just complain too much. I'm going to wait and see what it is all about before I give my opinion.

SkateZilla
07-22-2006, 09:10 AM
The Names ON the Back is a HUlleva lot more important than the Logo On teh Front.... Dizzle.. :respect:

Philagape
07-22-2006, 09:36 AM
save the electricity...won't do any good...there is rumor out there that the Sabres have already trademarked the "electrified squirrel"...yuck.

Why? Who on earth would want to steal that? :ill:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Good article I saw on the front of the Buffalo News Friday. 15000 signatures!!!!!! :bf1:

Many Buffalo Sabres fans have been anything but kind.

They have called the team's presumed new logo - the head and hunched upper body of a buffalo - every name in the book.
They say it looks like - take your pick - Donald Trump's hair, a banana slug, Bobby Hull's ratty toupee, even a colostomy bag.
At the center of the firestorm sits a 24-year-old Cheektowaga man who has mobilized this resentment into a Web site petition that now carries more than 15,000 "signatures."
The purpose of Drew Celestino's Web site, www.fixthelogo.com (http://www.fixthelogo.com/), is as subtle as a center-ice hip check: "Our sole purpose is to give the fans a place to voice their disappointment, displeasure, hatred, loathing and general disdain of this design," the Web site's mission statement says.

One word of caution: Only the Buffalo Sabres and the makers of their new uniforms know for sure what the jerseys will look like, and top Sabres officials adamantly refuse to discuss anything about the team's new look for next season.
Team officials have said the Sabres are going back to a blue-and-gold color scheme, but there has been no hint the crossed swords will be featured on the jerseys. That's where much of the fans' anger comes from.

More: http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060721/1052810.asp

:rolleyes:

JD
07-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Even if it is the new rumored logo...who cares? People just complain too much. I'm going to wait and see what it is all about before I give my opinion.
aHHHHH your one of those bandwagon fans arn't you? :rolleyes:

SabreEleven
07-22-2006, 11:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/Sabre11/nooocx5.jpg

SkateZilla
07-22-2006, 11:10 AM
for all you know it will be their business letterhead or something..

SabreEleven
07-22-2006, 11:23 AM
for all we know you could being smoking crack or something.....

SkateZilla
07-22-2006, 11:27 AM
for all we know you could being smoking crack or something.....

no .... I get this way when i dont get enough sleep :),

but seriiously, they can use their tradmark for other things except the jersey, Letterheards... TV Logo/Overlays, Other Merchandise, [obviously wigs better be one] :respect:

JD
07-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Saw this on another forum. I don't think it gets much more official than this.

This SUCKS.

Here's a link (query the owner name or serial numbers below):

Go here: http://www.uspto.gov/main/trademarks.htm
- click on Search (on right side of screen)
- click on New User Form Search (Basic)
- for Search Term type "Hockey Western New York"
- change the Field drop down box to "Owner Name and Address"
- click on Submit Query

or change the Field drop down box to search Serial #'s and use the following:

Slug Logo - 78927159 and 78927157
B Logo - 78927157 and 78927125

or if your lazy..just click here :(
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=vbfib5.3.1
or here
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=vbfib5.3.2

:fit: :wail: :down: :fury: :censored: :baghead: :shakeno: :sadwalk: :limp: :ill: :madcurse: :help: :cgal: :madmad: :curse: :rage: :cuss:

:blowup:

Michael82
07-22-2006, 12:10 PM
:puke:

Michael82
07-22-2006, 12:18 PM
The Bills trademarked the ******ed "B" logo too. That still got canned. :up:

JD
07-22-2006, 12:55 PM
The Bills trademarked the ******ed "B" logo too. That still got canned. :up:
It did? Last I checked alot of people liked it..

The_Philster
07-22-2006, 01:01 PM
It did? Last I checked alot of people liked it..
Well, that stuff happened back before the days of the Zone..and few of us on the Range at the time didn't find it atrocious. I don't think the outcry against it was as great as it's been for the "slugs" logo, but I know most people I came in contact with at the time didn't care for it :idunno:

YardRat
07-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Bummer. Just because it's trademarked, doesn't mean they have to use it, though.

pyrrhonist
07-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Christ, the entire 1st page is almost entirely made up of different threads surrounding the logo. :confused:

lordofgun
07-22-2006, 02:17 PM
I think they might use it as a secondary logo, but will keep the buffalo head as the main logo.

JD
07-22-2006, 02:54 PM
They would make decent shoulder patches.. :snicker:

Gmcc24
07-22-2006, 03:44 PM
I think they might use it as a secondary logo, but will keep the buffalo head as the main logo.

Wishful thinking is really pathetic at this point when it comes to the logo.....it's the logo, deal with it.....

gannd
07-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Don't worry, the new logo will file for arbitration and then Darcy will drop him to UFA.

Amare
07-22-2006, 04:46 PM
**** That

lordofgun
07-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Wishful thinking is really pathetic at this point when it comes to the logo.....it's the logo, deal with it.....
Everyone said the same thing about the Bills "B" logo. It was even found on a similar copyright page, but was never used.

Lev_D_Brons
07-22-2006, 05:34 PM
I hope you're right. Alas the only comfort for me is that I root for the players not the laundry.

But that supposed new logo is atrocious!

Billscusey
07-22-2006, 08:01 PM
The Names ON the Back is a HUlleva lot more important than the Logo On teh Front.... Dizzle.. :respect:

C'mon, we all know that! But seriously, that doesn't mean that this isn't also important!

chernobylwraiths
07-22-2006, 09:58 PM

Funny, that is exactly the opposite of what Lindy said during his acceptance speach for the Jack Adams trophy.

SkateZilla
07-23-2006, 12:00 AM
been posted already JD, Merged...

And its been TM since July 11th... :honda: