PDA

View Full Version : What wins Superbowls

Bufftp
02-19-2003, 05:19 PM
With the tagging of price what will the Bills have next season?

clumping platelets
02-19-2003, 05:22 PM
scoring more points?

ArcticWildMan
02-19-2003, 05:26 PM
With the exception of the Rams, hasn't almost every SB winner for the past 10-15 years been a Defensive orientated team?

Bufftp
02-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Good point clump, that’s why your a capologist with that firm grasp of subtleties. ;)

Shiny Chicken
02-19-2003, 05:27 PM
llok at the most continually dominant teams though... for instance Dallas of the early to mid 90's and San Fran during most of the 80's. They had balance... very god offense and very good defense.

clumping platelets
02-19-2003, 05:28 PM
:snicker:

Bufftp
02-19-2003, 05:31 PM
but can we afford to get defensive players to have balance. We have a lot of work to do just the one of worst defenses to very good.

Typ0
02-19-2003, 07:14 PM
I love it when people say defense win championships. Defense does not win championships but lack of defense will lose them. Just like lack of offense will lose them. TB was a damn good offensive team last season when they were healthy. They have been a good defensive team for years but couldn't get to the next level because their offense was pathetic.

I think we are going to seriously upgrade our defense this season. Even if we keep Price, we will be doing it at our price because of the tag. If we move him we will get draft picks plus free up all his cap space. We could also get him signed long-term which would help our cap. Price is not going to factor into our being able to upgrade the defense all that much and could in fact help by giving us some more bartering chips.

Either way we will still be able to bring in at least one excellent player on defense plus get some more talent to help in other areas. We need to get better against the run in the middle and our defense will be twice as good right there. Doing that and getting a good linebacker we would be able to win very week.

Shiny Chicken
02-19-2003, 08:41 PM
bravo Typo

4thAndLong
02-19-2003, 08:48 PM
It's hard to say that offense createst dynasties...The era of team like the 90 cowboys and 80 9ers will not happen again. The salary cap changed football in this instict.

In this day and age, it's all about the D.

Bufftp
02-20-2003, 06:53 AM
I think the most important thing is quality lines on both sides of the ball, from their you can build out.

kgun12
02-20-2003, 07:34 AM
Typo I think I disagre with about your entire post. Lets look at them
First point Tampa has 3 decent WR none of them fatser that J. Reed, and an average QB. We had a GREAT offense during our SB ran and a above average not great Defense, I don't need to tell you how that turned out! Tampa N.E. and Baltimore ALL had above average O and GREAT defenses and were 3-0.

Second point We need alot of help on D not just a guy in the middle we need a DT, 2 LB's and maybe a DE and a nickle CB. We are going to need more than one excellant player and maybe a couple others. You can't seriously upgrade with one excellant player.

I guess there is one point I can agree with TRADE him and get either draft picks and or a player!

PEACE!

Bufftp
02-20-2003, 03:15 PM
Typo, my concern is that we have a very poor D, and without PP still a good O, how are we going to upgrade the D with $ into Price.