X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Early schedule gives Bills a shot at respectable start

We keep hearing predictions of impending doom concerning the Bills, mostly because teams that say they have two or three potential starting quarterbacks at this juncture usually have none at all. I may have contributed to the doom-season talk myself. But it might have been Abe Lincoln - or was it Sam Walton? - who said, "The customer may not always be right but he's as clairvoyant as the next guy." The Bills' customers just voted with their checkbooks. The team's first four home games are sold out except for some stray single tickets. That doesn't exactly add up to "abandon ye all hope." more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Early schedule gives Bills a shot at respectable start

REALITY CHECK for all Miami fans:

Not tough at all when Mike Mularkey, the departed head coach, called a cement-headed, "how-could-he-do-that?" pass play a few yards from the enemy goal when his team was successfully pounding with its running game. The pass was intercepted and the Dolphins took the gift and ran to a season's salvation with it.

It's fairly obvious to most in the know, MM the cement head.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

This article is reality, we have a shot to take our our divisional opponents early in the season. I think the "doom and gloom" realists here need to understand the difference between this and last years team, TKO. He is going to come back and with a fast new crew around him swarm on D. We aren't just going to play hard ball, we are going to hit hard ball. Plan on NE and Miami having nightmare's about the 2nd game.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
        This article is reality, we have a shot to take our our divisional opponents early in the season. I think the "doom and gloom" realists here need to understand the difference between this and last years team, TKO. He is going to come back and with a fast new crew around him swarm on D. We aren't just going to play hard ball, we are going to hit hard ball. Plan on NE and Miami having nightmare's about the 2nd game.
        I love TKO as much as anybody else here, but one make does not make a defense... The line is still a question mark for me, and while the linebackers are solid, they aren't getting younger. And just the opposite, the defensive backs are nice and young, but not experienced. They could certainly prove a bright spot this season however!

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

TKO may help with the run defense, but I don't think he'll be as big a factor as some might think. We sucked against the run when he was in there last year too. The biggest thing we lacked last year in regards to run defense was Pat Williams.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Lev_D_Brons
            • Jul 2006

Great read! I have always enjoyed Larry Felsner.
            Life is not an easy matter... You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness. ~ Lev Davidovich Bronshtein

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
              • Mar 2004

REALITY CHECK for all Miami fans:

Not tough at all when Mike Mularkey, the departed head coach, called a cement-headed, "how-could-he-do-that?" pass play a few yards from the enemy goal when his team was successfully pounding with its running game. The pass was intercepted and the Dolphins took the gift and ran to a season's salvation with it.

It's fairly obvious to most in the know, MM the cement head.
              You never answered my question from a previous thread---Do you know that MM called that play, or did he call that play and Losman changed it at the line of scrimmage? I know I can't prove either way, but I'd like to see if you could either. I will give you $2.32 in Zonebucks if you can answer this Skoob, I'd give more, but I know you have wealthy friends that also have supplied TOP NOTCH info to you in the past, so I won't raise the zonebucks for this one question.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                • Aug 2005

I think TKO brings more to the table than just his play on the field. He is the emotional leader of this team that was missing last year. When he went down so did the spirit of this team which was pretty evident. Just having him back makes us a much more passionate team in my opinion.
                SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                  You never answered my question from a previous thread---Do you know that MM called that play, or did he call that play and Losman changed it at the line of scrimmage? I know I can't prove either way, but I'd like to see if you could either. I will give you $2.32 in Zonebucks if you can answer this Skoob, I'd give more, but I know you have wealthy friends that also have supplied TOP NOTCH info to you in the past, so I won't raise the zonebucks for this one question.
                  I understand your reasoning that nobody is sure he called that play, but what is your excuse for the other miserable plays that Mularkey called? You can't possibly decide to ignore them. Oh, and by the way, when Mularkey became head coach, he was about to be fired from Pittsburgh, so he isn't that good of a OC either. These are facts...crappy facts for Bills fans, but they are also crappy fans for Fins fans. No matter how you try to spin it.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    I understand your reasoning that nobody is sure he called that play, but what is your excuse for the other miserable plays that Mularkey called? You can't possibly decide to ignore them. Oh, and by the way, when Mularkey became head coach, he was about to be fired from Pittsburgh, so he isn't that good of a OC either. These are facts...crappy facts for Bills fans, but they are also crappy fans for Fins fans. No matter how you try to spin it.
                    Very good points, I'm just trying to demonstrate something else at someone else's expense. Then again the point I'm trying to prove seems to have been already made by others against this person, so maybe I truly don't know what I'm trying to achieve, past my own entertainment.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                      Go to episode 14, I'll take my money now!

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                        • Mar 2004

Go to episode 14, I'll take my money now!

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...gory=PODCAST01
                        lol, good for you Skooby, you actually put some thought and research into a retortfor a change. Before I give you your $2.32 in zonebucks, did your wealthy friend give you this link( ?) If so, you may have to split it between yourselves, heck, even though the friend may not need it, I'll give $2.32 in ZBs to the both of you.

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

two-n-two is all i ask

two-n-two
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            TKO may help with the run defense, but I don't think he'll be as big a factor as some might think. We sucked against the run when he was in there last year too. The biggest thing we lacked last year in regards to run defense was Pat Williams.
                            Although Cadillac Williams lit up the D in Tampa, I'm going to disagree with that to a certain point.

Houston's running backs only gained 55 yards on 16 carries, and Atlanta's first three drives were 3 for 9, 5 for 9, and 2 for 12.

I wouldn't call 85 total yards on 26 carries "sucky".
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Meathead
                              two-n-two is all i ask

two-n-two
                              as in take a break? I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X