PDA

View Full Version : Who is happy about tagging Price?

ArcticWildMan
02-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Which camp do you belong to?

Bufftp
02-19-2003, 05:33 PM
I want D, DEEEEEFENSE, not an overpriced 2cnd reciever.

clumping platelets
02-19-2003, 05:34 PM
:clap:

Bulldog
02-19-2003, 05:37 PM
I be happier when he is traded. Don't get me wrong, I like Price, but I like defense more.

clumping platelets
02-19-2003, 05:38 PM
Tagging Price gives TD the most flexibility.

Bufftp
02-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Defense is a Beautiful thang!

ArcticWildMan
02-19-2003, 05:40 PM
I just hope we don't wind up with a top 5 offense and a bottom 5 defense. That won't win any SB's.

Billz_fan
02-19-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets

exactly

You do what gives you your best chances of coming out ahead. No one will cry if the Bills end up with 2 first round picks when all is said and done.

Taggin Peerless=

Good, sound, bussiness decision :up:

Bufftp
02-19-2003, 05:44 PM
I hope so! :pray:

Ebenezer
02-19-2003, 05:47 PM
sorry buff...but CP is right on this one...this was the best choice...gotta protect the club.

gordong
02-19-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets

I agree this buys the bills some time to work out a trade, sign him or last resort remove the tag.....great move by the front office, nothing to loose...

Clump...question...

If the bills make an offer to spikes at what point would the cap hit take place...when they sign him to an offer sheet or when cincy dosent match? I would think the later.

Ebenezer
02-19-2003, 06:08 PM
The Bills must have enough under the cap to make the offer, deal the contract and sign him...what happens after that is irrelevant.

Throne Logic
02-19-2003, 06:41 PM
I agree with the TAG. Price is a HOT FA this year. Sign him to a contract and see if anyone wants to trade for him. Worst case - with a long term deal, Buffalo takes a hit this year from the long-term deal (it won't be the $5 million average due to the long-term) and is forced to find use for a pro-bowl caliber WR.

Who does Atlanta have that we might want?

TigerJ
02-19-2003, 08:53 PM
TD is da man. I don't know if Price will stay a Bill or not but if he leaves Buffalo will get something for him. CP has a cap update on another thread. If Buffalo cuts Remiersma and Watson, Buffalo's not in that bad a shape even after franchising Price. They will be in a position to get a couple good free agents.

The Natrix
02-19-2003, 09:09 PM
Just the fact it is the first significant bit of Bills news in a while makes me happy they slapped him with it!

But seriously, TD is a hungry animal and I trust he will make good with Peerless.

Although I would rather B-Lo trade him, if he ends up in a Bills uni next season, who am I to be upset when we get to watch Bledsoe throw to the best WR threesome (hands down) in the NFL? There will still be money for some D aquisitions, and there will be marked improvement by many of the young starters already on the roster. Also, there is no one (who will be a starter on D) on their way down as far as age goes.

justasportsfan
02-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Just the fact it is the first significant bit of Bills news in a while makes me happy they slapped him with it!

But seriously, TD is a hungry animal and I trust he will make good with Peerless.

Although I would rather B-Lo trade him, if he ends up in a Bills uni next season, who am I to be upset when we get to watch Bledsoe throw to the best WR threesome (hands down) in the NFL? There will still be money for some D aquisitions, and there will be marked improvement by many of the young starters already on the roster. Also, there is no one (who will be a starter on D) on their way down as far as age goes.

It's either we're trading him or TD and Coaches feel Reed is not ready to step up to no. 2. Get decent defenders in FA (who doesn't have to be a Spikes) and if it still doesn't work fix the year after. Aren't we still in good cap shape for 2004?

Thing is I wanna win the SB next season. If the Pats can turn from 5-11 to win a SB, so can we. We have the cap. I just want our D to be no.1 again.

Buffarama
02-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Perfect move by TD. Bruce Willis to Ben Affleck in Armegeddon, "You make the call".
We retain Price and cut JR, um, no brainer.
We get a couple 1st rounders for Price if anyone wants to pay more than 5 million.
TD says hey, we gave you 5 mil, if you're worth more you will get it elsewhere.
I agree with his move.

The Natrix
02-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama

We get a couple 1st rounders for Price

A couple? So your prediction is he goes to New England?

BADTHINGSMAN
02-19-2003, 09:35 PM
If you listened to Ralph he said he will build the defense the old way threw drafts and a couple key FA's. I said it before ill say it again great move. Keep the offense together. And if he was traded still a brilliant move because TD avoided a bidding war for Bledsoe and will get 2 #1's.

The Natrix
02-19-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by silent_one
If you listened to Ralph he said he will build the defense the old way threw drafts and a couple key FA's. I said it before ill say it again great move. Keep the offense together. And if he was traded still a brilliant move because TD avoided a bidding war for Bledsoe and will get 2 #1's.

how the hell are we going to get 2 #1's? Is there some other news I have missed?

Romes
02-19-2003, 09:46 PM
If someone makes an offer to Peerless that we don't match they then owe us their 2 #1's this year and then next year.

Judge
02-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama
Perfect move by TD. Bruce Willis to Ben Affleck in Armegeddon, "You make the call".
We retain Price and cut JR, um, no brainer.
We get a couple 1st rounders for Price if anyone wants to pay more than 5 million.
TD says hey, we gave you 5 mil, if you're worth more you will get it elsewhere.
I agree with his move.

Yup.

Don't foregt- the Bills are not obligated to sign Price to an extension at all. They can just pay him the franchise player mandated salary and let him leave after next season. That would keep this offense together for a run at the whole enchilada in 2003, with Price able to seek to break the bank elsewhere next year.

Judge
02-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

how the hell are we going to get 2 #1's? Is there some other news I have missed?
That's the rule w/ the franchise tag.

The Natrix
02-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Romes
If someone makes an offer to Peerless that we don't match they then owe us their 2 #1's this year and then next year.

thanks, I forgot about that. :hitself:

Anyway, it isn't really worthy of discussion since it would never happen.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Natrix read the Art article. Tells you there. No matter what the Bills get great deal. No matter what Price gets his cash. Everyones happy at the moment.

mybills
02-20-2003, 07:15 AM
I think it's funny how just last week there were so many negative remarks by Bills fans. He's this, he's that, we should get rid of him, etc...

I say, woohoo!

Around the league, the name Peerless Price equals the word awesome. Keeping him here like this, puts even more of an emphasis and value on him, for later on. This was a VERY smart move!

I love Price! :D

ublinkwescore
02-20-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
I agree with the TAG. Price is a HOT FA this year. Sign him to a contract and see if anyone wants to trade for him. Worst case - with a long term deal, Buffalo takes a hit this year from the long-term deal (it won't be the $5 million average due to the long-term) and is forced to find use for a pro-bowl caliber WR.

Who does Atlanta have that we might want?

Keion Carpenter is welcomed to come back to Buffalo anytime.

don137
02-20-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore

Keion Carpenter is welcomed to come back to Buffalo anytime.

I believe Carpenter is a FA.

The_Philster
02-20-2003, 08:06 AM
:pray: Bring him back then

don137
02-20-2003, 08:12 AM
It is actually quite humorous that San Diego is Buffalo west and Atlanta is Buffalo south. Atlanta last year had Chris Mohr, Sam Rogers, John Holecek, Henry Jones and Keion Carpenter on there roster. Not to mention Phillips which I'm sure why all those defensive players are there.