PDA

View Full Version : The Bills Will Show Some Promising Signs

Typ0
07-23-2006, 07:30 PM
But they will suck. That's my take on the season. Carry on.

BUFFruggALO
07-23-2006, 07:33 PM
TOS VIOLATON Edited by DB

Historian
07-24-2006, 05:48 AM
I think we win seven.

Night Train
07-24-2006, 06:07 AM

Deep

How will I EVER carry on ??? :rolleyes:

jamze132
07-24-2006, 06:47 AM
I think 12-4 is reasonable

patmoran2006
07-24-2006, 07:04 AM

I think thats the consensus take on the Bills with fans around the league.. Fair assessment, but they could surprise some teams especially later in the season

Mitchy moo
07-24-2006, 07:32 AM
We're going to suprise right from the start.

Jan Reimers
07-24-2006, 09:09 AM
I think thats the consensus take on the Bills with fans around the league.. Fair assessment, but they could surprise some teams especially later in the season
Actually, I don't think "they will suck " is a "fair assessment" of this year's Bills.

I believe that we will be a young team that plays hard, plays together and doesn't give up. If, because we may still not end up with a great record, that means to some that "we suck," so be it.

To me, it means a great amount of progress.

Jan Reimers
07-24-2006, 09:18 AM
I think we win seven.
That would be a nice improvement and, with the development of some of our young guys, and another good draft and FA period by Marv and Dick, should put us in even better shape for 2007.

patmoran2006
07-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Actually, I don't think "they will suck " is a "fair assessment" of this year's Bills.

I believe that we will be a young team that plays hard, plays together and doesn't give up. If, because we may still not end up with a great record, that means to some that "we suck," so be it.

To me, it means a great amount of progress.
To you, a Bills fan.. Your right.
To the other 31 teams around the league and their fans, if all that holds true and we finish among the bottom of the league like most publications are predicting, then we suck.

Kenny
07-24-2006, 10:16 AM
We should be better than last year.

And though we had a bad season last year, -it wasnt really as terrible as our record indicated.
The games against NO, CAR, ATL, and MIA are all games that really could of went either way.

To say that we'll suck this year is just stupid. Remember guys, -On any given Sunday.....

patmoran2006
07-24-2006, 10:23 AM
I think better game-plan and coaching will give us 2-3 more wins than last year.

I think we had more talent last year, at least now. IN 1-2 years guys like whitner and mccargo will be more seasoned and we'll be a good team.. but for RIGHT Now, Milloy, Adams and Moulds are better than anything taking their place THIS season. SO on talent we lose 2-3 games.

WHich in my estimation, as stupid as it is to most on here, gives us round 4-5 wins this year.

OpIv37
07-24-2006, 10:25 AM
We should be better than last year.

And though we had a bad season last year, -it wasnt really as terrible as our record indicated.
The games against NO, CAR, ATL, and MIA are all games that really could of went either way.

To say that we'll suck this year is just stupid. Remember guys, -On any given Sunday.....

oh, I disagree completely.

We were flat-out awful last year. You're forgetting that we blew a 21- point lead in that Miami game. So even though it was winnable on the scoreboard, it was a choke of monumental proportions.

You're forgetting about several blowouts, including giving up 48 points to the Raiders, who picked ahead of us in the draft (meaning they were an awful team last year).

Also, one of the biggest differences between a good team and a bad one is the ability to win close games.

To say that we'll be good this year is just stupid. New systems on both sides of the ball, new coaches, young players, bad QB situation etc. Any given Sunday.... maybe- every given Sunday for a whole season- no friggin way.

DraftBoy
07-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Im sitting at 6-10 again

Jan Reimers
07-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Im sitting at 6-10 again
That would still be one game better than last year, and if we do it with young, improving, motivated, and never-say-die players, it will be a big step in the right direction over last season.

Jan Reimers
07-24-2006, 11:25 AM
What I think is most promising about the Bills are the type of players that Marv and Jauron have brought in. We got rid of the whiners, pouters and lazy asses like Milloy, Moulds, Adams and Williams, and replaced them with young, hungry FAs (most with something to prove) and motivated, high character, high intelligence draft picks. Those kind of guys won a lot of games for Marv not so many years ago.

patmoran2006
07-24-2006, 11:36 AM
What I think is most promising about the Bills are the type of players that Marv and Jauron have brought in. We got rid of the whiners, pouters and lazy asses like Milloy, Moulds, Adams and Williams, and replaced them with young, hungry FAs (most with something to prove) and motivated, high character, high intelligence draft picks. Those kind of guys won a lot of games for Marv not so many years ago.
I 100% agree with you.. But its not happening in one off season.. Teams that are that bad; that are gutted from top to bottom like the Bills were this offseason (from GM down to the field) dont magically become contenders in one season.

I feel a lot better about the future of the Bills than I did this past January.. But, we're going to really struggle on the field while we're learning a new system and coaches are seeing what players we got.

Jan Reimers
07-24-2006, 12:16 PM
I 100% agree with you.. But its not happening in one off season.. Teams that are that bad; that are gutted from top to bottom like the Bills were this offseason (from GM down to the field) dont magically become contenders in one season.

I feel a lot better about the future of the Bills than I did this past January.. But, we're going to really struggle on the field while we're learning a new system and coaches are seeing what players we got.
I understand, Pat, and I am willing to be patient - for once - while this team develops. You have all the logic in the world on your side, and odds are we will struggle mightily this year. I will be very happy with a better coached, more disciplined, more motivated, more dedicated, higher energy team, regardless of our record.

But I'm still hoping, and still think it's possible, to catch a little lightning in a bottle.

feelthepain
07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
I think when the Bills start to put it together their D will be smokin!

Kenny
07-24-2006, 01:21 PM
oh, I disagree completely.

We were flat-out awful last year. You're forgetting that we blew a 21- point lead in that Miami game. So even though it was winnable on the scoreboard, it was a choke of monumental proportions.

You're forgetting about several blowouts, including giving up 48 points to the Raiders, who picked ahead of us in the draft (meaning they were an awful team last year).

Also, one of the biggest differences between a good team and a bad one is the ability to win close games.

To say that we'll be good this year is just stupid. New systems on both sides of the ball, new coaches, young players, bad QB situation etc. Any given Sunday.... maybe- every given Sunday for a whole season- no friggin way.

In no way did I mean that we'll be good.... Just better.

Yes that Raiders game was bad, but that Miami game was just bad coaching more than anything else.... all we had to do was just run the damn ball for just 1 quarter... but dumbass Mularkey had other plans.

OpIv37
07-24-2006, 01:25 PM
I understand, Pat, and I am willing to be patient - for once - while this team develops.

this is what frustrates me. The team was a disaster last year and it will take time to develop. But I'm angry because we never should have been in this spot to begin with. We were supposed to be rebuilding after the 2001 season. 2002 showed a glimmer of hope, only to come crashing back down in 2003. 2004 started slow but ended fast, only to be blown up again in 2005. So here it is 5 years later and we're back at the start of the rebuilding process. Rebuilding should take 2-3 years- assuming the Bills get it right this time, that means it will have taken 7-8 years to rebuild from the '01 season. That's simply inexcusable.

OpIv37
07-24-2006, 01:30 PM
In no way did I mean that we'll be good.... Just better.

Yes that Raiders game was bad, but that Miami game was just bad coaching more than anything else.... all we had to do was just run the damn ball for just 1 quarter... but dumbass Mularkey had other plans.

clearly coaching hurt us last year, but so did a talent gap, particularly on DL and OL. I think the OL will at least be somewhat better- maybe not good enough, but at least improved.

The DL still looks like **** to me. Good coaching can overcome a lack of superstars, but not a true lack of talent.

Better than last year? Maybe. I think we set ourselves up to be good next year or the year after, but this year will still be a cluster****.

Jan Reimers
07-24-2006, 01:35 PM
this is what frustrates me. The team was a disaster last year and it will take time to develop. But I'm angry because we never should have been in this spot to begin with. We were supposed to be rebuilding after the 2001 season. 2002 showed a glimmer of hope, only to come crashing back down in 2003. 2004 started slow but ended fast, only to be blown up again in 2005. So here it is 5 years later and we're back at the start of the rebuilding process. Rebuilding should take 2-3 years- assuming the Bills get it right this time, that means it will have taken 7-8 years to rebuild from the '01 season. That's simply inexcusable.
I hear you Op, but you should blame the Donahoe-Williams-Mularky Debacle and at least give the new leadership a chance to clean up the mess left by that unholy trio.

OpIv37
07-24-2006, 01:42 PM
I hear you Op, but you should blame the Donahoe-Williams-Mularky Debacle and at least give the new leadership a chance to clean up the mess left by that unholy trio.

I think my problem is that I blame Ralph. He's been getting it wrong since at least 2001 so I don't trust him to get it right anymore.

SquishDaFish
07-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Dona**** is the guy that messed this organization up. Yes Ralph made a mistake too in hiring that piece of trash. Give the new guys some time I bet my bottom dollar we will be competing for playoffs next year if not this year.

jamze132
07-24-2006, 02:40 PM
I got negged for saying that a 12-4 finish is reasonable. From a Bills fan. He also stated that if I really think we will finish 12-4, that I don't know football. Well I know enough about sarcasm and even more about football.

Is a 12-4 finish likely this year? uh... you be the judge. Even a pure breed homer like myself wouldn't honestly think we could win 12 games this year.

patmoran2006
07-24-2006, 02:42 PM
I think my problem is that I blame Ralph. He's been getting it wrong since at least 2001 so I don't trust him to get it right anymore.
When you have two straight busts as Head Coaches, and a failed GM.. The blame ulimately falls on the owner-the one who signs the checks.

John Doe
07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
When you have two straight busts as Head Coaches, and a failed GM.. The blame ulimately falls on the owner-the one who signs the checks.

If Ralph gets all the blame for the TD years, then he should get all the credit for the Polian years.

shelby
07-24-2006, 07:38 PM
I got negged for saying that a 12-4 finish is reasonable. From a Bills fan. He also stated that if I really think we will finish 12-4, that I don't know football. Well I know enough about sarcasm and even more about football.

Is a 12-4 finish likely this year? uh... you be the judge. Even a pure breed homer like myself wouldn't honestly think we could win 12 games this year.

:rofl:
Some people can't smell sarcasm. Don't take it personally.

Historian
07-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Again, I think the D is going to be really stingy. I expect a lot of 13-10 or 10-7 type final scores.

Every division game will be a battle.

BFLOBILLSBURGH
07-25-2006, 06:43 AM
We can't be that much worse then last season. I do think our schedule has some very winnable games.

mybills
07-25-2006, 06:50 AM

I'll go with 9 or 10 wins, and I don't care if I get neg'd. :up: