• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4thAndLong
    I'm Really 4 and Short
    • Sep 2002

Josh Reed....The odd man out?

With the Price tagging, is Josh Reed the odd man out?

If we sign PP to a long term contract, where does Josh Reed fit in for the future of the Bills, that was a waste of a #2 pick last year if Reed is a #3 receiver for most of his career. Thats why I dont really like the tagging of Price...I wont mention the money Price will get either.

I was really looking forward to what Reed would do as a starter, he has great hands, ability to shed would-be tacklers, and block down field, he has the courage and confidence to go over the middle to get a ball even if he's gonna get licked.

Where does Josh Reed fit in the future of the Bills?
  • clumping platelets

DEPTH

solid #3 and capable of being a #2 in case of injuries.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
      I'm Really 4 and Short
      • Sep 2002

Clump...

This kid is a future star, 2nd round picks aren't drafted for depth, they're meant to be starters.

Putting him at the #3 spot IMO, is a waste of talent.

Comment

• BillsMan80
        Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
        • Jul 2002

We can have 3 extremely good Wide Receivers. I mean, Reed is only 21 years old...He has a long career left in front of him.
        The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
        THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

reed will be fine.. he sits behind peerless for 4 more years.. we resign him for moderate cash and let him know that his next contract he will be a starter..

that is assuming that peerless actually ends up in buffalo for a while.. i think peerless will be traded, but that is beside the point...

reed is better suited for the slot receiver anyways.. teams need good 3rd wrs.. and like cp said.. good depth in case of injury..

and believe me.. if reed turns out to be so amasing and a nonstop playmaker... they will get him in there.. you think he will sit if he outperforms a starter?

bottom line is.. this is a good problem to have.. too many good wrs..

and i also feel like the front office and coaches know more than us.. if they feel like they have to keep peerless, then they obviously dont have the confidence in reed just yet..
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Brian H
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Nov 2002

4TH,key word "future" you can't just throw him into a starting spot that guys like Moulds been working so hard to get for 7 or so seasons.He needs to get more experience under his wing before we put him in a situation like that...
            ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

We won't have Price long term. I bet he's a barganing chip to get some draft picks.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I just hope that Reed doesn't take this as a lack of confidence in him by our management. That could set him back years if not totally ruin him.

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Top Dog
                  • Jan 2003

Peerless will be traded! this is the only logical explaination.
                  I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                    I'm Really 4 and Short
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                    I just hope that Reed doesn't take this as a lack of confidence in him by our management. That could set him back years if not totally ruin him.
                    That's what I'm thinking...

Brian, this isn't hockey where you give your draft picks awhile to develop. He showed he could handle the role of a starter, and IMO earned it with his performance.

Tatonka, Reed is a great slot receiver, but can play the outside very good aswell. This kid is gonna be a great one, which could start next year.

BillsMan, by the time he gets to start, it'll be awhile, you cant have someone like him sitting at the #3 spot for 4-5 years, while he's never had a fair shot, and proved time and time again, that he deserves one.

Comment

• Romes
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by 4thAndLong
                      Clump...

This kid is a future star, 2nd round picks aren't drafted for depth, they're meant to be starters.

Putting him at the #3 spot IMO, is a waste of talent.
                      You cannot have too much talent. If our #3 is as good or better than most teams #2. That will create huge match up problems for other teams corners. Honestly the idea of Reed having a 3rd string corner cover him is very appealing to me.
                      Originally posted by paladin warrior
                      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                        I'm Really 4 and Short
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Romes

You cannot have too much talent. If our #3 is as good or better than most teams #2. That will create huge match up problems for other teams corners. Honestly the idea of Reed having a 3rd string corner cover him is very appealing to me.
                        I disagree...You have too much talent when there's a cap.

The offense is the same as last year thus far, even with it's late season struggle.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                          Expert on Experts
                          • Jul 2002

Agree with romes. THe idea of keeping reed as a number three and having 3 solid receivers would lead to a great offense, IMO. Great mismatches.

That being said, I still think price will be gone.

Comment

• Fatwhite02
                            Colorado's Biggest Bills Fan
                            • Feb 2003

Reed is going to be great but I really don't think he is ready yet. Plus, w/ Peerless Price spreading defenses as well as Moulds, Reed makes are need for a tight end a little less because he has the balls to go over the middle. Don't get me wrong I won't be upset if PP is traded for picks, but signing him only helps our team.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                              • Jan 2003

I don't think Price is even gonna be here next year I do agree this conversation will take on importance if Price is signed though. It's a good point about getting Reed and where he fits in.

I think though Peerless will be replaced by some first rounders when it all washes out
                              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                              X