PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams needs surgery on broken arm

Mitchy moo
07-24-2006, 12:01 AM
TORONTO - Ricky Williams will undergo surgery Monday to repair a broken left arm and is expected to miss at least four weeks, The Globe and Mail reported Sunday.
Williams was hurt during the first half of a 26-23 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13990677/from/RS.1/

OpIv37
07-24-2006, 10:09 AM
he's done.

There is nothing worse than watching an excellent athlete with all the potential in the world waste it away on drugs, alcohol or just plain laziness. Ricky Williams, welcome to the Derrick Coleman/Lawrence Phillips club.

Mitchy moo
07-24-2006, 10:46 AM
he's done.

There is nothing worse than watching an excellent athlete with all the potential in the world waste it away on drugs, alcohol or just plain laziness. Ricky Williams, welcome to the Derrick Coleman/Lawrence Phillips club.

It's a shame.

feelthepain
07-24-2006, 11:11 AM
he's done.

Do you know something everyone else doesn't?? Or is it just wishful thinking?? It's a broken arm, not an ACL,MCL,PCL or Achilles. He'll be in camp this coming spring.

OpIv37
07-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Do you know something everyone else doesn't?? Or is it just wishful thinking?? It's a broken arm, not an ACL,MCL,PCL or Achilles. He'll be in camp this coming spring.

I know he's been out of the NFL for 2 of the last 3 years and had limited playing time last year. I know he's getting older (although he hasn't taken as much of a pounding as most RB's his age). I know he can't seem to commit to his team enough to stay away from the drugs.

He may come back, but he will never be at his 2002-2003 form again. He wasted his career.

feelthepain
07-24-2006, 11:47 AM
I know he's been out of the NFL for 2 of the last 3 years and had limited playing time last year. I know he's getting older (although he hasn't taken as much of a pounding as most RB's his age). I know he can't seem to commit to his team enough to stay away from the drugs.

He may come back, but he will never be at his 2002-2003 form again. He wasted his career.

Last year Ricky was just a shell of his former self, but he ran for more then 700 yrds. If we get Ricky back at just half of what he used to be thats better then some teams starting backs. I think Ricky wants to play a limited roll and he likes Miami and Nick Saban. He will come back maybe play another year or two and then fade away quietly. I'll take the next two seasons of Ricky at half speed.....gladly! Who knows he may even surprise us a make a probowl, god knows he's capable.

Mitchy moo
07-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Last year Ricky was just a shell of his former self, but he ran for more then 700 yrds. If we get Ricky back at just half of what he used to be thats better then some teams starting backs. I think Ricky wants to play a limited roll and he likes Miami and Nick Saban. He will come back maybe play another year or two and then fade away quietly. I'll take the next two seasons of Ricky at half speed.....gladly! Who knows he may even surprise us a make a probowl, god knows he's capable.

Do you Miami fans live in that much of a dream world? The guy is a drug addict and they are going to test the crap out of him, he'll never be clean or able to pass. His A** is as done as fried chicken.

OpIv37
07-24-2006, 12:00 PM

yeah I could see that happening- the disappointing thing is that he could have been so much better if he had committed himself.

OpIv37
07-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Do you Miami fans live in that much of a dream world? The guy is a drug addict and they are going to test the crap out of him, he'll never be clean or able to pass. His A** is as done as fried chicken.

As much as I hate defending Dolphins fans, I have to call you out, Skoob.

You're the LAST person who should be accusing other people of living in a dream world. If Ricky was on the Bills you'd be saying the exact same thing, if not being even more optimistic for Ricky's eventual return.

Devin
07-24-2006, 12:08 PM
The beauty of being a fan.

If Ricky was on almost any team fans of that team would be saying the same thing. Truthfully I think hes probably done but only because I think Brown is the real deal. Ricky does like Miami and Saban, unfortunatley he likes drugs more.

feelthepain
07-24-2006, 12:26 PM
The beauty of being a fan.

If Ricky was on almost any team fans of that team would be saying the same thing. Truthfully I think hes probably done but only because I think Brown is the real deal. Ricky does like Miami and Saban, unfortunatley he likes drugs more.

Well we do know Ricky didn't fail his last test from Pot! I know a failed test is a failed test, but in some small way him not failing for pot was a small victory for him and us. He doesn't need to fail for pot at this pont anything will fail him, he failed because of something he ate due to his religous practice. I'm sure had he not had a history with pot and failed drug tests he would have won his appeal this past spring. Nontheless, thats in the past and he will once again be reinstated and have to saty clean, which I believe he has been for a while now or he would have failed for pot given as much as he's tested still today by the NFL. If he returns, and I believe he will then we will have one of the best backfields in the game...again, if not then we still have R.Brown, either way we will be fine.

Mitchy moo
07-24-2006, 05:06 PM
As much as I hate defending Dolphins fans, I have to call you out, Skoob.

You're the LAST person who should be accusing other people of living in a dream world. If Ricky was on the Bills you'd be saying the exact same thing, if not being even more optimistic for Ricky's eventual return.

The Bills have character people and don't deal w/ people like this.

Edited by shelby for TOS violation
<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=3 borderColorDark=#e0e0e0 cellPadding=3 width="26%" borderColorLight=#e0e0e0 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.outsports.com/nfl/2004/rickyespnxx.jpg (http://espn.go.com/)</TD></TR><TR><TD>The famous ESPN the Magazine cover showing Ricky Williams and coach Mike Ditka, after he was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in 1999</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

im4bflo
07-24-2006, 05:13 PM
He'll need help lighting his bong :snicker2:

!Papacrunk!
07-24-2006, 05:42 PM
The Bills have character people and don't deal w/ animals like this. If I wake up & see a black guy in a wedding gown, I know I'm either going to or in prison. Your posts are not only rediculous, but racist too, --you're so layered Skooby! (this isn't the only thread, where you've had some racial comments, for the record.)

Kerr
07-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Well we do know Ricky didn't fail his last test from Pot! I know a failed test is a failed test, but in some small way him not failing for pot was a small victory for him and us. He doesn't need to fail for pot at this pont anything will fail him, he failed because of something he ate due to his religous practice. I'm sure had he not had a history with pot and failed drug tests he would have won his appeal this past spring. Nontheless, thats in the past and he will once again be reinstated and have to saty clean, which I believe he has been for a while now or he would have failed for pot given as much as he's tested still today by the NFL. If he returns, and I believe he will then we will have one of the best backfields in the game...again, if not then we still have R.Brown, either way we will be fine.

Have to agree with the fin fan on Ricky.