PDA

View Full Version : 2006-07 Sabres Salaries

SkateZilla
07-24-2006, 06:48 AM
Last Updated 03-09-07,

<iframe name="I1" src="http://www.SabresZone.com/Zone/2006-2007.htm" width="700" height="1200" marginwidth="05" marginheight="05" align="left" border="0" frameborder="0">
Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
</iframe>

JD
07-25-2006, 05:47 PM
:nervous:

pyrrhonist
07-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Damn, is Hecht overpaid! :down:

The only ones on that list that I'm particularly concerned with seeing signed are Miller, Connolly, Lydman, and Dumont. I think Mair & Poms will come cheap. As for Max, I am still sure he's going to get a huge raise based on his 1 great year. For my $$, though, skating doesn't deserve $3+ million, so I say Darcy walks from his ruling.

JD
07-26-2006, 06:31 PM
I think Connolly and Dumont are going to be traded or just dumped off.

Dumont isnt worth as much as he wants.

Connolly will probably get a decent amount.. but his concussion situation scares me as well as it most likely does to Darcy. I don't think he would want to risk it. Hes clinching on every penny already and I think he would rather get rid of Connolly instead of Afinogenov. Max is improving year by year. He actually passes and can play defensive minded finally. Connolly is amazing, but possibly not worth the risk seeing the situation that the sabres are in right now. Well lets hope Golly opens up the checkbook!!

pyrrhonist
07-27-2006, 11:52 AM
See, I disagree on J.P. He's one of the closest things to consistent the Sabres have. He's played well the past few seasons, and has decent point totals each season. Sure, a career high of 23 goals isn't on a Kovalchuk, Hossa, or Naslund level, but I don't think Dumont's going to get their salaries. If anyone is going to get an award they don't deserve, it's Max. Scoring 73 points for 1 and only 1 season is nothing to write home about, especially when your career high before that is 40 (and that was 5 years ago). :rolleyes:

Don't Panic
05-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Wow... I knew it was bad but I didn't realize it was that bad. Briere, Drury, Roy, Vanek and Zubrus? Well, unfortunately, I think we're going to lose Drury for sure. I think we have to retain Vanek, and it would be great to keep one of Briere or Zubrus. As for Roy, I love what he brings to the table. He's a must have IMO as well. Is keeping 3 of these guys econmically feasible? Looks like some of the young crew are going to have some big shoes to fill.

JD
05-14-2007, 12:10 PM
How is Zagrapan making that much????

SkateZilla
05-20-2007, 02:51 AM
So Far the Cap Use is around 33 Million, Counting all Starting Players with contacts for next year,

Cap Used In 2006/2007 : 43,768,593 (For Starting Players)
Cap Used For Returning Players : 33,574,000

Which Leaves about 10 Million to Sign what was 17 Million worth This year,

Contract Info:
Players with No Contracts:
UFA: Drury
UFA: Briere
UFA: Zubrus
UFA: Teppo Numinen
Salary Cap Used for '06/'07 : 12,490,000

RFA: Clarke MacAuther
RFA: Adam Mair
RFA: Nathan Paetsch
RFA: Dan Paille
RFA: Andrew Peters
RFA: Derek Roy
RFA: Michael Ryan
RFA: Thomas Vanek
Salary Cap Used for '06/'07 : 5,105,600

Dozerdog
05-20-2007, 09:48 AM
I think the best site for salary cap info I have found is this one-

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/buf.html

It measures it exactly- because the players need to be on the roster for it to count. Zagrapan for instance has a huge rookie deal, but it does not count vs the Sabres cap because he didn't play here.

Conolley only counted $31,000 vs the cap because he was on the roster a whole 2 days.

Dozerdog
05-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Another thing-

Connolley is actually going to be somewhat of a bargain next year if he stays healthy. Because the average of the total contract is used- not the yearly deal- Connolley will count less against the cap than what he actually makes.

The conract average for him is $2.9 million - and that is his cap number- even though he will collect $3 million next year and $3.5 Million the year after. He wil remain a $2.9 million cap hit those two seasons