PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo News: Fairchild has a big job ahead of him

Mitchy moo
07-24-2006, 07:52 AM
It was a rough 2005 for the Buffalo Bills' offense. It couldn't run or throw with any consistency and struggled to sustain drives.

New offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild's job is to inject life into an unit that ranked 28th in total yards, 29th in passing, 23rd in rushing yards per attempt, 30th in red zone efficiency and 24th in scoring last season.
Fairchild comes from a team that did all of those things pretty well. In three years with the St. Louis Rams, he helped direct one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL. "In St. Louis we always looked for ways to push the ball down the field in the passing game, and we want to do the same things here," said Fairchild, the Bills' running backs coach in 2001-02. "But we also have to be able to run effectively, especially in the AFC East. To be successful on offense in this league you need to have balance. That has to be our identity."

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060724/2024591.asp

jamze132
07-24-2006, 09:17 AM
As far as offensive coordinators go, I think we are better suited than Miami.

patmoran2006
07-24-2006, 09:54 AM
anybody is better suited than Miami.

I like Fairchild, I think he's going to be our next coach.

North_Coast
07-24-2006, 12:51 PM
It's good to hear that Preston is coming along enough to challenge Reyes for the left guard job. Hopefully, that's because he's improving and not that Reyes is really bad. If the Bills can get that oline working well, the rest of the offense will improve significantly!

patmoran2006
07-24-2006, 02:52 PM
If anyone actually read the article, Its pretty alarming to see all those big question marks just for ONE side of the ball.

OpIv37
07-24-2006, 03:30 PM
If anyone actually read the article, Its pretty alarming to see all those big question marks just for ONE side of the ball.

No, no, no, no.

You have to stop reading after the part about how good Fairchild was in STL. Do not acknowledge anything bad about the team. At all. Ever. Football is no fun without false hope.

Mitchy moo
07-24-2006, 05:01 PM
No, no, no, no.

You have to stop reading after the part about how good Fairchild was in STL. Do not acknowledge anything bad about the team. At all. Ever. Football is no fun without false hope.

Nor is false hope without fun.

justasportsfan
07-24-2006, 05:07 PM
If anyone actually read the article, Its pretty alarming to see all those big question marks just for ONE side of the ball. there's nothing surprising if you are REBUILDING.

Jan Reimers
07-24-2006, 05:39 PM
It's funny. A lot of teams have question marks going into camp, and some of the ones that don't are not so lucky. Take Dallas. They're set at QB with Drew (Root Bound) Bledsoe, at RB with Julius Jones(who I think had one 100 yard game last year) and TO (Mr. Team Chemistry) at WR.

I'd rather have question marks.

HHURRICANE
07-24-2006, 10:08 PM

To be honest I read the article and I thought it was pretty stupid. He's got people making the team that doesn't make a lot of sense. I guarantee Allen Wilson's starting line-up won't match what we put on the field in week 1.