PDA

View Full Version : I would like the realists to unite and pick a clear SB winner this year!

Mitchy moo
07-24-2006, 02:57 PM
The realists say how bad we are so they must know how good someone else's team is too say we are going to lose to them, get it?

Mitchy moo
07-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Buffalo Bills - Exceptional Special teams, Lightning fast new D that smothers opponents, young mobile QB that throws long, runs fast and has many options to throw the ball too. RB looks like he is in a contract year, Revamped lines bring stability in all facets of the game.

patmoran2006
07-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Carolina.

ANd Skooby, your getting ridiculous.. That desperate for Positive Rep? I dont think Marv Levy thinks the Bills will win the Super Bowl.

Mitchy moo
07-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Carolina.

ANd Skooby, your getting ridiculous.. That desperate for Positive Rep? I dont think Marv Levy thinks the Bills will win the Super Bowl.

You forgot to vote and why do you think he came back, to lose?

DraftBoy
07-24-2006, 03:17 PM
I agree with Carolina

OpIv37
07-24-2006, 03:20 PM
You forgot an option in your initial post: "Not Buffalo".

Buffalo Bills - Exceptional Special teams, Lightning fast new D that smothers opponents, young mobile QB that throws long, runs fast and has many options to throw the ball too. RB looks like he is in a contract year, Revamped lines bring stability in all facets of the game.

Special teams- you're right

Lightning fast D? Matt Bowen, Troy Vincent, Jeff Posey, Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney- that's not exactly lightning fast. Plus you said it yourself- new, meaning the players are still learning and more prone to mistakes

young mobile QB who has yet to prove that he has the mental capacity or decision making skills to be an NFL starter, plus he's had accuracy problems during games.

RB- 1 good year, 1 bad year- basically hasn't lived up to potential

Revamped lines: The OL is better but still may not be good enough. The DL still sucks except for Schobel. All we did was replace a starter who didn't fit the system with one that does and add a rookie. That's not good enough.

You're living in a dream world. JP MIGHT be good, Willis MIGHT play like he's in a contract year, the OL MIGHT be better and the DL MIGHT be better- and if every one of those things happen, it's still at best an outside shot at the SB.

Think before you post.

patmoran2006
07-24-2006, 03:21 PM
You forgot to vote and why do you think he came back, to lose?
he didnt come back to lose but he's also not stupid enough to think he's going to win the Super Bowl this year.

I didnt forget to vote, I didnt want to.

Mr. Miyagi
07-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Carolina is too trendy of a pick. Trendy picks never make it.

I'm going to go with Washington. Top rated D, veteran QB, reloaded WR weapons, top notch RB, all-star coaching.

Philagape
07-24-2006, 03:32 PM
A true realist bases his opinions on facts, not vice-versa. Therefore, no vote.

patmoran2006
07-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Carolina is too trendy of a pick. Trendy picks never make it.

I'm going to go with Washington. Top rated D, veteran QB, reloaded WR weapons, top notch RB, all-star coaching.
Skins are a good pick, though they play in an ultra tough division.

OpIv37
07-24-2006, 03:39 PM
It's tough to pick a winner, but here is a list of teams that definitely WON'T win the Super bowl. Too little talent, no playoff experience, inexperienced coaches, etc.

Buffalo
NY Jets
San Francisco
New Orleans
Cleveland
Detroit

LtBillsFan66
07-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Great thread skoob! :bf1:

Mitchy moo
07-24-2006, 04:48 PM
A true realist bases his opinions on facts, not vice-versa. Therefore, no vote.

The facts are realists do not know how the Bills are going to play or the circumstances that may affect the division, therefore making a fact related decision about the Bills not being good is double talking. Brady may break his arm in preseason and culpepper may never heal up right, where does the division stand then?

So a warning to all you "realists". Base your decision about how good or bad the Bills may be when you have all the facts, until then support your team.

Philagape
07-24-2006, 05:13 PM
The facts are realists do not know how the Bills are going to play or the circumstances that may affect the division, therefore making a fact related decision about the Bills not being good is double talking.

Or about being good.

Even more so about being good.

Devin
07-24-2006, 05:23 PM
It's tough to pick a winner, but here is a list of teams that definitely WON'T win the Super bowl. Too little talent, no playoff experience, inexperienced coaches, etc.

Buffalo
NY Jets
San Francisco
New Orleans
Cleveland
Detroit

New Orleans spent some CASH in FA as did Cleveland. I dont think either will win the superbowl but both could move to playoff calibur teams.

The Saints have Brees, Duece, Bush, Horn and Stallworth on a pretty stacked offense. Their OL isnt that bad either, a little old but certainly not Buffalo Bills bad. Their LB corps was horrid last year and I believe the replaced all 3 starters. They have a solid secondary and while their DL isnt top notch I would place it above average but just below "good".

Cleveland revamped their line bringing in Bentley and Shaffer, added another weapon at WR with Joe J. They then brought in McGinest at LB. I think he and Wimbley are gonna be a wrecking crew at LB. D'Qwell Jackson perhaps this year but certainly next year could evolve into a hell of a MLB. CLeveland put in work it will start paying off quickly.

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-24-2006, 10:32 PM
I picked Seattle because all they did in the offseason was get even better than last year. I know they lost Hutch, but I think they will be just fine without him. They upgraded their already good defense, swapped Jurvicious for Burleson which I would take. Their defense is a year older with guys like Tatupu and Boulware I dont see any reason for them not to at least repeat as NFC Champs.

Amare
07-24-2006, 11:44 PM
We are raw!

tampabay25690
07-25-2006, 01:53 AM
I like Carolina....They have the most balanced team in the NFL..I really think what will get the, over the hump is Keyshawn. He is a great #2 WR and with Steve Smith this duo will be sick. Delhomme is probably the most underrated NFL player right now....

clumping platelets
07-25-2006, 03:42 AM
I picked Miami cuz I've never picked the SB winner right and I want to continue that trend :anvil:

LtFinFan66
07-25-2006, 04:03 AM
:mad:

jamze132
07-25-2006, 07:48 AM
I dont think Marv Levy thinks the Bills will win the Super Bowl.
Well then we should just throw in the towel, huh?

BillsFever21
07-25-2006, 07:49 AM
This post is useless. Say no to Skooby.

LtFinFan66
07-25-2006, 07:57 AM
:goodpost:

Mitchy moo
07-25-2006, 09:02 AM
This post is useless. Say no to Skooby.

Hey, all you non-believers have to know something. If you know the Bills can't win, you must know who can.

MTBillsFan
07-25-2006, 05:54 PM
indy cuz now the have a non idiot kicker who won't go and get liquored up. It worked for the patsies.

Joe Montana led TD drives
Marsha Brady leads FG drives... suck it Marsha

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Marsha has three rings

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey, all you non-believers have to know something. If you know the Bills can't win, you must know who can.

this is the worst logic ever. It's pretty obvious that there are a ton of teams better than the Bills. And even if the Bills looked good this year, don't forget that they have absolutely zero playoff experience- I think the only guy on the current roster that's ever played in a playoff game is Troy Vincent. Even if they somehow did manage to make the playoffs, that's not exactly a recipe for success. Anyway, I digress...

Being able to tell that there is a talent gap between the Bills and other teams in the league is not the same as being able to predict the whole season right down to a Super Bowl winner.

As justa likes to point out, there is nothing bold or shocking about the prediction that the Bills will struggle. Being able to pick the Super Bowl winner at this point is pretty bold.

The_Philster
07-25-2006, 08:27 PM
London Fletcher has a SB ring, Op

and as far as playoff experience, Triplett came from the Colts... ;)

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 08:29 PM
London Fletcher has a SB ring, Op

and as far as playoff experience, Triplett came from the Colts... ;)

thanks for the correction but the point still holds- the overwhelming majority of the team has no playoff experience.

Mitchy moo
07-25-2006, 09:24 PM
thanks for the correction but the point still holds- the overwhelming majority of the team has no playoff experience.

Well we'll change that this year.

Buckets
07-26-2006, 02:01 PM
I thought only realists were supposed to vote. How did Buffalo get ahead in the poll?

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 03:50 PM
I voted for Baltimore, I originally had Carolina.. Its July, I can change my mind.

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2006, 12:44 PM
You forgot an option in your initial post: "Not Buffalo".

Special teams- you're right

Lightning fast D? Matt Bowen, Troy Vincent, Jeff Posey, Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney- that's not exactly lightning fast. Plus you said it yourself- new, meaning the players are still learning and more prone to mistakes

young mobile QB who has yet to prove that he has the mental capacity or decision making skills to be an NFL starter, plus he's had accuracy problems during games.

RB- 1 good year, 1 bad year- basically hasn't lived up to potential

Revamped lines: The OL is better but still may not be good enough. The DL still sucks except for Schobel. All we did was replace a starter who didn't fit the system with one that does and add a rookie. That's not good enough.

You're living in a dream world. JP MIGHT be good, Willis MIGHT play like he's in a contract year, the OL MIGHT be better and the DL MIGHT be better- and if every one of those things happen, it's still at best an outside shot at the SB.

Think before you post.
What a realistic post. :puke:

OpIv37
07-27-2006, 01:08 PM
What a realistic post. :puke:

sometimes the truth about this team makes me want to vomit too, but that doesn't change the fact that it's the truth.