• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

AOL Fantasy advice: Avoid culpepper at all costs

Daunte's been a fantasy superhero in the past, but this season he's sporting the Riddler's costume. The biggest question mark: can he really be all the way back from obliterating his knee less than a year after the injury? Only slightly smaller is the concern that, even if he is back, his struggles in the handful of games where he was healthy are a sign of things to come. And then, of course, there are the nagging questions like how he'll adjust to a new offense and can Chris Chambers be his Randy Moss and will he still run like he did in Minnesota and how will his famously small hands grip the ball in the South Beach humidity? Who knew they made a Riddler costume in 3XL?

Doug Murray, WireImage.com
    Daunte Culpepper, Miami Dolphins
    Culpepper obliterated his knee less than a year ago and he has to adjust to a new offense.

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/a...24122509990001?=
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: AOL Fantasy advice: Avoid culpepper at all costs

Get a life Skooby. But based on your advice, I will definitely grab JP over Dante

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

a culpepper stat....

72 fumbles in 72 games.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
        • Mar 2005

how many lost is the stat we need and care about

FUMBLES

YearTeamGFumLostFum ForcedOwn RecOpp RecYardsTot RecTD
        1999Minnesota Vikings110010010
        2000Minnesota Vikings16116050050
        2001Minnesota Vikings11167070070
        2002Minnesota Vikings16239060060
        2003Minnesota Vikings14166060060
        2004Minnesota Vikings1694000000
        2005Minnesota Vikings753000000
        TOTAL81813602500250

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

I would not take Dante as my main #1 fantasy QB but definitely as a #2

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
            how many lost is the stat we need and care about

i'm sorry...it was in 81 games.not to mention that he has 86 INT's.(ALL lost)
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
              • Mar 2005

and 135 TD's ALL CAUGHT(actually by his team).....compared to Fiedler/Feeley/Lucas/Sage/Gus, that number, i will take

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                • Aug 2005

Honestly I always thought Culpepper was an amazing athlete, and I would have loved to have him as a bill, but after last season's performance I am not so sure.
                SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• DarbyTheDinosaur
                  • Dec 2004

and 135 TD's ALL CAUGHT(actually by his team).....compared to Fiedler/Feeley/Lucas/Sage/Gus, that number, i will take

So 135 TD's outweighs 122 turnovers and 45 lost downs (fumbles that were recovered)? This is testing the limits of the term "take the good with the bad"
                  You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Get a life Skooby. But based on your advice, I will definitely grab JP over Dante
                    LT- Your attacking the posters/messenger when I wasn't the one who wrote it. Personally I don't think Dante is going to play more than 4 games all year so it doesn't matter.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DarbyTheDinosaur
                      So 135 TD's outweighs 122 turnovers and 45 lost downs (fumbles that were recovered)? This is testing the limits of the term "take the good with the bad"
                      Well I just added up the combined numbers of Fiedler, Feeley, Gus, Sage, Huard, and Lucas. Guys who have started games since Marino and before Culpepper

COMBINED: 114 Td's (21 less than Daunte)
                      111 Int's (25 more than Daunte)
                      64 fumbles (17 less than Daunte)
                      30 fumbles lost(6 less than Daunte)

So it works out to:
                      Daunte having 135 TD's, 122 TO's and 45 lost downs
                      others having 114 TD's, 141 TO's and 34 lost downs

even without a much higher completion % Daunte has and less pick 6's Daunte has, I would take his numbers over any other QB since Marino. We won't even touch the yardage issue.

Me along with most other Fin Fans are really looking forward to the Daunte years.....so yes, I will take his good and bad over the bad and bad we have had for years.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                        LT- Your attacking the posters/messenger when I wasn't the one who wrote it. Personally I don't think Dante is going to play more than 4 games all year so it doesn't matter.
                        well technically, someone actually asks a messanger to pass on info, no one asked you. You posted it all on your own so of course you will be the one attacked just like every other one of the billion threads you start per day

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Well I just added up the combined numbers of Fiedler, Feeley, Gus, Sage, Huard, and Lucas. Guys who have started games since Marino and before Culpepper

COMBINED: 114 Td's (21 less than Daunte)
                          111 Int's (25 more than Daunte)
                          64 fumbles (17 less than Daunte)
                          30 fumbles lost(6 less than Daunte)

So it works out to:
                          Daunte having 135 TD's, 122 TO's and 45 lost downs
                          others having 114 TD's, 141 TO's and 34 lost downs

even without a much higher completion % Daunte has and less pick 6's Daunte has, I would take his numbers over any other QB since Marino. We won't even touch the yardage issue.

Me along with most other Fin Fans are really looking forward to the Daunte years.....so yes, I will take his good and bad over the bad and bad we have had for years.
                          Dante hasn't tossed one game ball for you yet and you would already take him? It's time for some smelling salt, wake up!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                            Dante hasn't tossed one game ball for you yet and you would already take him? It's time for some smelling salt, wake up!
                            He's not a rookie Einstein....he has tossed a couple balls in the NFL thus far with pretty good results. Now if I was all hyped up over a Vince Young or Linehart....then your stupid comment would make sense. The more you speak, the dumber you look so a little advice....zip-it

I think if we took a poll on who should sniff the smelling salts, you woud win hands down

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

He's not a rookie Einstein....he has tossed a couple balls in the NFL thus far with pretty good results. Now if I was all hyped up over a Vince Young or Linehart....then your stupid comment would make sense. The more you speak, the dumber you look so a little advice....zip-it

I think if we took a poll on who should sniff the smelling salts, you woud win hands down
                              After this major surgery, you don't know what you have there. Can he come back? Sure. Are you going to be getting the same Dante in his prime? No one can say. Saying he is better than all the QB's you have had over the years past Marino is a very LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNG stretch.

Comment

Working...
                              X