X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Heard From Bills Top

I was at work today and from a distance I saw a sharp looking gentleman who was wearing a sports shirt with the bills logo on it. Living in So. Florida it's not very often that I get to meet bills fans and when I do it's almost always a conversation is soon to follow. It turned out he is one of the top officials in the bills organization ( who's name I won't mention yet) who was in town scouting the fins.

I apologized for not recognizing him and soon asked him if we were looking for a DT. He said that although Chidi Ahonotu is a DE they were looking to take him and let him play DT. I then asked him how John Buttler was doing? He said that he's not at the best of health right now being that the cancer is pretty much close to his heart. I know some of us bills fans are not so thrilled with how Mr. Buttler managed the salary cap. I do however ask if you guys can say a prayer or two for him and his family.

Lastly, I also told him to keep Bryson coz' we might need him just in case. He then smiled at me and left it at that. I really couldn't distinguish if it was a smile agreeing with me or not. There was so many things I wanted to ask him but not enough time. It was pretty assuring that management realizes w/c holes needs to be filled.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-15-2002, 01:27 PM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Come on, Just....spill it!

j/k

GREAT JOB, Bro!

Comment

• northernbillfan
      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Great story. It is cool that he actually took the time to listen to a fan. Some of these higher ups forget that the fans are part of what makes a team great, and sometimes we know what is good for the team. My self discluded.
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

So you guys can tell now.......
        Who was "The Bird"????

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
          • Jul 2002

Ahonotu is too light to play DT IMO in run situtions at least.
          Its all about the quest.

Comment

• FlownTheCoop
            Red Foreman says: Squish the Damn Fish
            • Aug 2002

Bird is the word...
            Comic Book Guy Last night's game was, without a doubt, the worst ever. Rest assured, I was on the internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Nice story.

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

cool story.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

yeah.. who is the bird.. and can you guys still get in touch with him, or is he with the other site?... did a cat get the bird? cuz i havent heard from that guy in while.. sup with that? get on it!
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

i got a story.. a guy in my office wore a miami dolphins t shirt on causal friday last week..

so i walked up to him and said,
                    "Are you excited about the game being on monday night football?"

he said, "what game?"

i was perplexed...

i said, "the dolphins play Tampa Bay on monday night."

he said, "oh yeah.. sweet!.. i been looking forward to that!"

I said, " yeah.. i wonder how much Ricky Williams will play, since it is only the first preseason game."

he said, "Ricky Williams plays for Tampa Bay now??"

instead of laughing in his face and telling him that ricky was traded to the dolphins.. i just decided never to speak to him again..

that is the end of my story.

do you think i could be enough for a short movie?
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• northernbillfan
                      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Movie of the week material there Tatonka.
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Bufftp
                        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

possibly a six part series.
                        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                        Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                        - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                        to be led by permanent ideals -
                        that is what keeps a man patient
                        when the world ignores him,
                        and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          i got a story.. a guy in my office wore a miami dolphins t shirt on causal friday last week..

so i walked up to him and said,
                          "Are you excited about the game being on monday night football?"

he said, "what game?"

i was perplexed...

i said, "the dolphins play Tampa Bay on monday night."

he said, "oh yeah.. sweet!.. i been looking forward to that!"

I said, " yeah.. i wonder how much Ricky Williams will play, since it is only the first preseason game."

he said, "Ricky Williams plays for Tampa Bay now??"

instead of laughing in his face and telling him that ricky was traded to the dolphins.. i just decided never to speak to him again..

that is the end of my story.

do you think i could be enough for a short movie?

stupid dolphin fans...

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

There was no bird...just a series of really good guesses.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                              There was no bird...just a series of really good guesses.
                              So are you going to apologize to all those secretaries you got fired?

Comment

Working...
                              X