PDA

View Full Version : Trade Price for ???

Throne Logic
02-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Obviously, threre are a number of teams, starting with Atlanta and Washington, who have great interest in Peerless.

The draft picks and free agents have been tossed around for a few weeks. But what about possible trades?

Who might we want in exchange for Price?

Atlanta has a number of quality Defensive players. So does Washington, for that matter.

Any ideas?

Schobel94
02-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Sign and trade. Sign him to a deal acceptable to all parties, trade him to whoever wants him for lesst than the compensation of losing a Franchise player, for lets say 1 1st round pick instead of 2. I would love to see that happen. The question is who is in the market for an early WR? Houston? Anybody know?

ArcticWildMan
02-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Philly might be interested. They need a top flight Rcvr.

The Browns would probably like to get their hands on Peerless.

Miami would love to have him, but TD would never consider any deal with them :D

Romes
02-19-2003, 07:10 PM
If we do a trade my guess is that it will be for draft picks.

Throne Logic
02-19-2003, 07:13 PM
Is there not a solid DT or LB who might be packaged with a pick?

I would settle for getting back our #1 pick, at least in the top 15. Otherwise there would need to be something else.

Lone Stranger
02-19-2003, 07:15 PM
TD made a wise move here. My guess is that he will look to pick up a least a number 1 for him.

Fatwhite02
02-19-2003, 07:23 PM
My hope is there is a trade with Washington for the 13th pick, then we could see who is available (Rien Long, possibly Dewayne Robertson) and if there is no one avaible we could trade down several spots and pick up Boss Bailey.

The Natrix
02-19-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Is there not a solid DT or LB who might be packaged with a pick?

I would settle for getting back our #1 pick, at least in the top 15. Otherwise there would need to be something else.

I like your thinking, although it would have to be in the top ten in order to satisfy me.

Assuming a trade is in the works, I really doubt that it will be Peerless for one player of about equal talent. Sure, it is possible, however I don't ever remember it happening in the NFL.

Like I said before, if it is for one first rounder, it better be in the top ten. P. Price is a phenominal talent who had a great season and IMO will have several better ones, whether he is a No. 1 somewhere else or plays as No. 1B in Buffalo. *Do not come with your Alvin Harper theory as Alvin Harper wishes he could have been a player worthy of a franchise tag.* I would be dissapointed with anything above a top ten pick. (Visions of Erik Flowers impersonating a revolving door as well as visions of RJ apparently being deaf and blind dancing in my head.)

I think the best case senario would be a first rounder plus a second tier, proven starter on D (A Jay Foreman type, or even a slightly inferior player would do nicely.)

Novacane
02-19-2003, 08:39 PM
Just a rumor but driving through Cleveland today I was listening to sports talk. There was a rumor floating around Cleveland about a 3 way deal with Bills, Brown, and Falcons.

We would get Courtney Brown, Atlanta would get Peerless, and Cleveland would get Atlantas 1'rst and 4'th round picks. I did not catch the source for the rumor. I guess they are not happy with Brown's development in Cleveland. Still.....a former #1 overall would not be a bad deal for Peerless.

The Natrix
02-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Just a rumor but driving through Cleveland today I was listening to sports talk. There was a rumor floating around Cleveland about a 3 way deal with Bills, Brown, and Falcons.

We would get Courtney Brown, Atlanta would get Peerless, and Cleveland would get Atlantas 1'rst and 4'th round picks. I did not catch the source for the rumor. I guess they are not happy with Brown's development in Cleveland. Still.....a former #1 overall would not be a bad deal for Peerless.

With that logic, Erik Flowers for Price would be a good trade. Honestly, I have not seen to much of his play, but the only things I ever hear about CB are negative. I hope this rumor isn't true unless it is packaged with a pick or two.

Schobel94
02-19-2003, 09:00 PM
Yeah, him and a couple of picks would be nice, but otherwise no. Its a cool concept though, that would be rad is something like that were to happen, only we get a better deal, hmmm... three way tade, has that ever been done? EDIT: Yeah thats how we got Bennet.

justasportsfan
02-19-2003, 09:02 PM
I'd have to wait and see what TD's next move is before I decide. I do however have faith in TD. I trust he knows what he's doing.

Fatwhite02
02-20-2003, 02:16 PM
If we got Courtney Brown, I would Be estatic, he has had a couple of rough years, but he will be a sueperstar. I like that scenario, our pass rush would be potent with schobel and brown

Michael82
02-20-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

With that logic, Erik Flowers for Price would be a good trade. Honestly, I have not seen to much of his play, but the only things I ever hear about CB are negative. I hope this rumor isn't true unless it is packaged with a pick or two.

Yeah, but Courtney Brown was the #1 pick of the NFL Draft...Erik Flowers wasn't. :D

Tatonka
02-20-2003, 02:51 PM
courtney brown has been injured.. but he is not a total bust.. not in my opinion.. he has had some dominant games.

kgun12
02-20-2003, 03:07 PM
I like the idea of a player and a draft pick. I'm NOT for keeping PP (too many other needs) that siad he must only be traded to the NFC or Cinncy or Houston. Spikes and cinncy's second round pick. I wouldn't mind Houston Seth Payne DT and there 1 round pick. For those that don't know Payne he is from my area Victor N. Y, goos solid DT hurt early in his career shoulder problem but seems better now. Would be a perfect fit along side of Pat!

Kelly The Dog
02-20-2003, 03:19 PM
There are only 3-4 total teams that we can trade with for Peerless because he essentially has veto power over any trade. He has to want to go to that team and already have negotiated a contract with them independent of the Bills. The Bills cannot "sign and trade" him because as soon as the signing bonus is intact, the Bills are liable for it and cannot trade it away. We would have to trade PP to a team willing to accept his one year 5 million contract with the assurance that they can sign him to a long term deal. If it's a team he doesnt want to play for or doesn't like the contract, he just says I won't play for you or re-negotiate with you. NO team is going to trade a #1 pick for a player with a one year 5 mil contract with no guarantee he will sign a long term deal. That leaves ATL, Wash, perhaps Phil and maybe a couple others.

kgun12
02-20-2003, 04:19 PM
Clump we need your HELP, but i think we can sign him to the one year franchise tap money trade him and they can rework the contract. I think you are right that PP has to approve it. BUT if the moey is right (PP term for respect) than ME ME will take it.