X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigGabes23
    • Mar 2006

General feeling on the Bills around the Country

I actually like being in this position. No pressure, and no-where to go but up.

Buffalo Quarterback
    Contenders:
    Kelly Holcomb, J.P. Losman, Craig Nall

Re-read the names above. Consider that the Bills lost Eric Moulds, but gained Dick Jauron and Marv Levy. The No. 2 receiver spot is being contested by three veterans absolutely no other team wanted. Which reminds me …

Salvageable: No

Buffalo No. 2 Receiver
    Contenders: Peerless Price, Andre’ Davis, Josh Reed

Combined 2005 numbers of this veteran group: 47 catches, 735 yards, 3 TD. Reed accounted for the majority of those totals, but his signing was the toughest to swallow. The former second-rounder disappointed Bills brass for three straight seasons, never topping 600 yards, then was rewarded with a pricey four-year deal. Price’s signing was odd after he was cut twice in six months, but bringing Reed back was inexplicable. I’m staying away from this group.

Salvageable:No

• Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: General feeling on the Bills around the Country

ouch.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Their right the sky is falling and we are doomed, oh wait not one game has been played yet. So the sky isn't falling and no one can say for sure wait is going to happen.

Special teams- Second to none.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

When you said we aint got nowhere to go but up, you aint lying.

The general consensus around the league is we are serious players in the #1 draft pick sweepstakes- If we dont like it, then win some games.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
          Their right the sky is falling and we are doomed, oh wait not one game has been played yet. So the sky isn't falling and no one can say for sure wait is going to happen.

Special teams- Second to none.
          Special teams were second to none last year and all it got us was 5-11. ST is important but it won't win games on its' own.

Please tell me that you aren't actually looking at the Bills' WR situation and thinking we're in good shape. Once again, this is the problem with people like you- you're willing to accept mediocrity. You look at Josh Reed, Andre Davis and Peerless Price and see a lot of promise- I look at them with disappointment because I expect more from my team.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BigGabes23
            • Mar 2006

I think we improved at WR1 and WR3 (Assuming a Healthy Parrish, with some more experience), but I have a big concern at WR2. Hopefully someone steps up, but untill they do, I have to agree with this statement

"Price’s signing was odd after he was cut twice in six months, but bringing Reed back was inexplicable"

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

The only thing more inexplicable then bringing Reed back after having four full years to prove his worth, is that Levy gave him $2.5 million to sign his name on the dotted line. So how much confidence does the team have in Reed? They got out weeks later and sign Peerless Price, and give him a couple million to sign as well. So now we have Josh Reed with his $10 million contract, who could EASILY end up being the FOURTH receiver if Parrish steps up in the slot.

Say whatever you want, between these "odd" signings and what we got for Moulds, Levy FUMBLED when it came to addressing the WR situation.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                The only thing more inexplicable then bringing Reed back after having four full years to prove his worth, is that Levy gave him $2.5 million to sign his name on the dotted line. So how much confidence does the team have in Reed? They got out weeks later and sign Peerless Price, and give him a couple million to sign as well. So now we have Josh Reed with his $10 million contract, who could EASILY end up being the FOURTH receiver if Parrish steps up in the slot.

Say whatever you want, between these "odd" signings and what we got for Moulds, Levy FUMBLED when it came to addressing the WR situation.
                Price and reed are 2 different type of players. I don't see what the problem is when Marv signed them. Reed and Parrish are the ones going to battle it out.

Davis and Price are the wr's you should be comparing. Davis is often injured and I can see Marv signing them both so he can pick the best one out of the 2 via competition at camp.

Moulds didn't want to be here AT ALL COST. How can Marv fumble that? Unlike TD who would sign a player and plug him in there. Marv has been grabbing players and instead of just relying on film, he's brought them in for a closer look in the new system and keep the one who wins the battle. I have no problem with that. They are all young as well.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                  ouch.
                  that's what I'm hoping most teams will be saying when they face the lowly bills.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Moulds didn't want to be here AT ALL COST. How can Marv fumble that?

Moulds was gone- that wasn't Marv's fault.

Signing Price and extending Reed- I still don't get it. They seem like desperation moves to me.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      Price and reed are 2 different type of players. I don't see what the problem is when Marv signed them. Reed and Parrish are the ones going to battle it out.

Davis and Price are the wr's you should be comparing. Davis is often injured and I can see Marv signing them both so he can pick the best one out of the 2 via competition at camp.

Moulds didn't want to be here AT ALL COST. How can Marv fumble that? Unlike TD who would sign a player and plug him in there. Marv has been grabbing players and instead of just relying on film, he's brought them in for a closer look in the new system and keep the one who wins the battle. I have no problem with that. They are all young as well.
                      I see a huge problem that Marv signed them, becuase of the money spent on them. NEITHER player (not just one of em) has done anything worthy to be a starter (Price 3 years running and Reed EVER) and especially to get $10 million dollar deals with $2+ million signing bonuses each.. I would've been fine with Evans, Parrish and Davis as well as maybe Nance and signing a cheaper 4th WR. I say that because if you take the money marv spent on Reed and Price , it was less than what it would've costed to land Defensive tackle Ryan Pickett, who if he were a Bill (and was in town) I can guarentee you our defense would've been a lot nastier on the front four. Pickett and Tripplett would've made a huge difference, a lot more than Price/Reed will.

And before you go on, I have every right to guess a FA signing, or lack there of.

As far as MOulds, Yes I know he was gone at all costs. We could've got more for him is what my point was. Or we could've went out and landed a proven QB (Brees, Culpepper) if we were willing to spend the money (glad we didnt on that front) and MOulds would've stayed.

Moulds alone should demonstrate the state of this franchise. A Bills lifer dying to get out of this town so bad he goes to a team thats even worse than us, for less money too.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Good. I love low expectations from the self-absorbed pundits and experts who parade around trying to convince the rest of us how clever they are.

And when they're wrong - which is as often as not the case - I love to hear them either backpedal, or completely ignore their own ignorant pronouncements.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BAM
                          • Sep 2003

I don't know about you guys but I'm not even gonna watch any games this year. Nobody is giving us a chance so screw it. I'm gonna find a hobby... maybe I'll start collecting ice.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006

As far as MOulds, Yes I know he was gone at all costs. We could've got more for him is what my point was. Or we could've went out and landed a proven QB (Brees, Culpepper) if we were willing to spend the money (glad we didnt on that front) and MOulds would've stayed.

Moulds alone should demonstrate the state of this franchise. A Bills lifer dying to get out of this town so bad he goes to a team thats even worse than us, for less money too.
                            Moulds had turned into TO, but without the charisma. It was time for that *****ing backstabber to go.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• gil
                              • Mar 2005

what do you guys think would be a good year statistically out of the number 2 WR for the Bills this year and then, what do you think they will get?

I think a good year for a 2 on the Bills, would be be around 70 grabs, 1,100 yds and 8 TD's

my guess is Price wins the spot and goes for like 50 grabs, 700 yds and 3 TD's

With that being said, I hope we get more production out of the TE, Willis out of the backfield and the 3rd & 4th WR

Comment

Working...
                              X