PDA

View Full Version : General feeling on the Bills around the Country

BigGabes23
07-25-2006, 09:44 AM
I actually like being in this position. No pressure, and no-where to go but up.

Buffalo Quarterback
Contenders: Kelly Holcomb (http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=2604), J.P. Losman (http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=2780), Craig Nall (http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=1807)

Re-read the names above. Consider that the Bills lost Eric Moulds (http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=2270), but gained Dick Jauron and Marv Levy. The No. 2 receiver spot is being contested by three veterans absolutely no other team wanted. Which reminds me …

Salvageable: No

Buffalo No. 2 Receiver
Contenders: Peerless Price (http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=2173), Andre’ Davis, Josh Reed (http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=2272)

Combined 2005 numbers of this veteran group: 47 catches, 735 yards, 3 TD. Reed accounted for the majority of those totals, but his signing was the toughest to swallow. The former second-rounder disappointed Bills brass for three straight seasons, never topping 600 yards, then was rewarded with a pricey four-year deal. Price’s signing was odd after he was cut twice in six months, but bringing Reed back was inexplicable. I’m staying away from this group.

Salvageable:No

http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.asp?sport=NFL&column=25&articleid=23844

Devin
07-25-2006, 09:46 AM
ouch.

Mitchy moo
07-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Their right the sky is falling and we are doomed, oh wait not one game has been played yet. So the sky isn't falling and no one can say for sure wait is going to happen.

Special teams- Second to none.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 09:49 AM
When you said we aint got nowhere to go but up, you aint lying.

The general consensus around the league is we are serious players in the #1 draft pick sweepstakes- If we dont like it, then win some games.

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Their right the sky is falling and we are doomed, oh wait not one game has been played yet. So the sky isn't falling and no one can say for sure wait is going to happen.

Special teams- Second to none.

Special teams were second to none last year and all it got us was 5-11. ST is important but it won't win games on its' own.

Please tell me that you aren't actually looking at the Bills' WR situation and thinking we're in good shape. Once again, this is the problem with people like you- you're willing to accept mediocrity. You look at Josh Reed, Andre Davis and Peerless Price and see a lot of promise- I look at them with disappointment because I expect more from my team.

BigGabes23
07-25-2006, 10:05 AM
I think we improved at WR1 and WR3 (Assuming a Healthy Parrish, with some more experience), but I have a big concern at WR2. Hopefully someone steps up, but untill they do, I have to agree with this statement

"Price’s signing was odd after he was cut twice in six months, but bringing Reed back was inexplicable"

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 10:12 AM
The only thing more inexplicable then bringing Reed back after having four full years to prove his worth, is that Levy gave him $2.5 million to sign his name on the dotted line. So how much confidence does the team have in Reed? They got out weeks later and sign Peerless Price, and give him a couple million to sign as well. So now we have Josh Reed with his $10 million contract, who could EASILY end up being the FOURTH receiver if Parrish steps up in the slot.

Say whatever you want, between these "odd" signings and what we got for Moulds, Levy FUMBLED when it came to addressing the WR situation.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 10:49 AM
The only thing more inexplicable then bringing Reed back after having four full years to prove his worth, is that Levy gave him $2.5 million to sign his name on the dotted line. So how much confidence does the team have in Reed? They got out weeks later and sign Peerless Price, and give him a couple million to sign as well. So now we have Josh Reed with his $10 million contract, who could EASILY end up being the FOURTH receiver if Parrish steps up in the slot.

Say whatever you want, between these "odd" signings and what we got for Moulds, Levy FUMBLED when it came to addressing the WR situation.
Price and reed are 2 different type of players. I don't see what the problem is when Marv signed them. Reed and Parrish are the ones going to battle it out.

Davis and Price are the wr's you should be comparing. Davis is often injured and I can see Marv signing them both so he can pick the best one out of the 2 via competition at camp.

Moulds didn't want to be here AT ALL COST. How can Marv fumble that? Unlike TD who would sign a player and plug him in there. Marv has been grabbing players and instead of just relying on film, he's brought them in for a closer look in the new system and keep the one who wins the battle. I have no problem with that. They are all young as well.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 10:50 AM
ouch.
that's what I'm hoping most teams will be saying when they face the lowly bills.

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Moulds didn't want to be here AT ALL COST. How can Marv fumble that?

Moulds was gone- that wasn't Marv's fault.

Signing Price and extending Reed- I still don't get it. They seem like desperation moves to me.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Price and reed are 2 different type of players. I don't see what the problem is when Marv signed them. Reed and Parrish are the ones going to battle it out.

Davis and Price are the wr's you should be comparing. Davis is often injured and I can see Marv signing them both so he can pick the best one out of the 2 via competition at camp.

Moulds didn't want to be here AT ALL COST. How can Marv fumble that? Unlike TD who would sign a player and plug him in there. Marv has been grabbing players and instead of just relying on film, he's brought them in for a closer look in the new system and keep the one who wins the battle. I have no problem with that. They are all young as well.

I see a huge problem that Marv signed them, becuase of the money spent on them. NEITHER player (not just one of em) has done anything worthy to be a starter (Price 3 years running and Reed EVER) and especially to get $10 million dollar deals with $2+ million signing bonuses each.. I would've been fine with Evans, Parrish and Davis as well as maybe Nance and signing a cheaper 4th WR. I say that because if you take the money marv spent on Reed and Price , it was less than what it would've costed to land Defensive tackle Ryan Pickett, who if he were a Bill (and was in town) I can guarentee you our defense would've been a lot nastier on the front four. Pickett and Tripplett would've made a huge difference, a lot more than Price/Reed will.

And before you go on, I have every right to guess a FA signing, or lack there of.

As far as MOulds, Yes I know he was gone at all costs. We could've got more for him is what my point was. Or we could've went out and landed a proven QB (Brees, Culpepper) if we were willing to spend the money (glad we didnt on that front) and MOulds would've stayed.

Moulds alone should demonstrate the state of this franchise. A Bills lifer dying to get out of this town so bad he goes to a team thats even worse than us, for less money too.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Good. I love low expectations from the self-absorbed pundits and experts who parade around trying to convince the rest of us how clever they are.

And when they're wrong - which is as often as not the case - I love to hear them either backpedal, or completely ignore their own ignorant pronouncements.

BAM
07-25-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't know about you guys but I'm not even gonna watch any games this year. Nobody is giving us a chance so screw it. I'm gonna find a hobby... maybe I'll start collecting ice.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 11:35 AM
As far as MOulds, Yes I know he was gone at all costs. We could've got more for him is what my point was. Or we could've went out and landed a proven QB (Brees, Culpepper) if we were willing to spend the money (glad we didnt on that front) and MOulds would've stayed.

Moulds alone should demonstrate the state of this franchise. A Bills lifer dying to get out of this town so bad he goes to a team thats even worse than us, for less money too.
Moulds had turned into TO, but without the charisma. It was time for that *****ing backstabber to go.

gil
07-25-2006, 11:56 AM
what do you guys think would be a good year statistically out of the number 2 WR for the Bills this year and then, what do you think they will get?

I think a good year for a 2 on the Bills, would be be around 70 grabs, 1,100 yds and 8 TD's

my guess is Price wins the spot and goes for like 50 grabs, 700 yds and 3 TD's

With that being said, I hope we get more production out of the TE, Willis out of the backfield and the 3rd & 4th WR

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Signing Price and extending Reed- I still don't get it. They seem like desperation moves to me.
Sounds like a rebuilding move to me. In case you missed it, we are rebuilding. IMO, great move by Marv. Bring in as much competition and see who fits the system the most, first hand instead of guessing. That to me is the fastest way to get out of a rebuilding mode.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 12:01 PM
I see a huge problem that Marv signed them, becuase of the money spent on them. NEITHER player (not just one of em) has done anything worthy to be a starter (Price 3 years running and Reed EVER) and especially to get $10 million dollar deals with $2+ million signing bonuses each.. I would've been fine with Evans, Parrish and Davis as well as maybe Nance and signing a cheaper 4th WR. I say that because if you take the money marv spent on Reed and Price , it was less than what it would've costed to land Defensive tackle Ryan Pickett, who if he were a Bill (and was in town) I can guarentee you our defense would've been a lot nastier on the front four. Pickett and Tripplett would've made a huge difference, a lot more than Price/Reed will.

And before you go on, I have every right to guess a FA signing, or lack there of.

but do you know for sure which plawers fit the system best? NO! Not even the coaches knew that. So they bring em' in and see what happens at camp. Cut the one who can't hack it. Watching film on them (I'm sure our coaches did, especially Fairchild who you admitted are a big fan of) wasn't enough. Better make sure than sorry.

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Sounds like a rebuilding move to me. In case you missed it, we are rebuilding. IMO, great moce by Marv. Bring in as much competition and see who fits the system the most.

Well maybe you and I have different opinions as to what should be done during "rebuilding". When I think of rebuilding, I think of bringing in a lot of youth and peppering it with a few proven veterans to add experience (note: not all proven vets are high-priced FA's, so don't give me the "Marv isn't going after high priced FA's like TD did" argument again). Or, in other words, I think of rebuilding as grabbing a lot of potential and a little bit of experience.

Reed is a 4 year vet who has done literally nothing for his entire career. Price had one good season 4 years ago in a pass happy offense and hasn't done anything for the last 3. Unless one of these guys has a miraculous turnaround, I don't see how they help rebuild this team. The words "potential" and "experience" don't apply well to either Price or Reed.

(another note: when I say "experience", I mean a player who has been solid- not just a player who has been on the field).

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Well maybe you and I have different opinions as to what should be done during "rebuilding". When I think of rebuilding, I think of bringing in a lot of youth and peppering it with a few proven veterans to add experience (note: not all proven vets are high-priced FA's, so don't give me the "Marv isn't going after high priced FA's like TD did" argument again). Or, in other words, I think of rebuilding as grabbing a lot of potential and a little bit of experience.

Reed is a 4 year vet who has done literally nothing for his entire career. Price had one good season 4 years ago in a pass happy offense and hasn't done anything for the last 3. Unless one of these guys has a miraculous turnaround, I don't see how they help rebuild this team. The words "potential" and "experience" don't apply well to either Price or Reed.

(another note: when I say "experience", I mean a player who has been solid- not just a player who has been on the field).

You have a different opinion as Marv and I. I agree with Marv over your opinion anyday. .

Reed is no Moulds and Moulds could barely do anything after having several qb;s and coaches. Don't you think reed deserves the same doubt that he could get better with stability in both the qb and coaching positions? In case you missed it, Reed was starting to gain chemistry w/ a rookie qb who confidence was shot by benching him timeand again. Give him a better qb and OL , would there be a chance that he'll do better.? Definitely.
You keep defending Jp but you don't usethe same logic with other players. Self contadicting. Jp was never put in a situation to succeed. Neither was Reed.

Price didn't have a qb that could throw and wasn't just plugged in to dallas.

Instead of guessing like teams did with Farve and others, they brought them in for a closer look.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 12:14 PM
I don't know about you guys but I'm not even gonna watch any games this year. Nobody is giving us a chance so screw it. I'm gonna find a hobby... maybe I'll start collecting ice.
Yeah, there's no use in watching, now. I think I'll just iron my shoe laces on football Sundays, since the pundits have pronounced us as good as dead.

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 12:23 PM
You keep defending Jp but you don't usethe same logic with other players. Self contadicting. Jp was never put in a situation to succeed. Neither was Reed.

Price didn't have a qb that could throw and wasn't just plugged in to dallas.

Instead of guessing like teams did with Farve and others, they brought them in for a closer look.

JP is a QUARTERBACK. It takes more than 8 games for a QB to learn. Reed had 4 years. It's apples and oranges.

Sure, consistency on the team and with coaching helps players, but how bad does a player have to do before you finally think they're not good enough? At some point players are responsible for their own performance and they can't hide behind coaches or other players.

And how much of a "closer look" do you need? There are hours and hours and hours of these guys on film.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 12:25 PM
but do you know for sure which plawers fit the system best? NO! Not even the coaches knew that. So they bring em' in and see what happens at camp. Cut the one who can't hack it. Watching film on them (I'm sure our coaches did, especially Fairchild who you admitted are a big fan of) wasn't enough. Better make sure than sorry.
Picket led the NFL in tackles among DT's, I dont care what system he plays in.. Compared to Tim Anderson he fits.

and I am a HUGE fan of Fairchild.. Unfortunately, I'm sure Fairchild has little say in what defense fa's we were going to sign.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Moulds had turned into TO, but without the charisma. It was time for that *****ing backstabber to go.
Agreed.. My thinking is we could have gotten more for him, we were so far under the cap we could've taken on his salary for the time being..

You watch in camp, at least 2-3 prominent WR's on a contending team will go down.. Could've got more by holding on to him longer.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 12:28 PM
JP is a QUARTERBACK. It takes more than 8 games for a QB to learn. Reed had 4 years. It's apples and oranges.

Sure, consistency on the team and with coaching helps players, but how bad does a player have to do before you finally think they're not good enough? At some point players are responsible for their own performance and they can't hide behind coaches or other players.

And how much of a "closer look" do you need? There are hours and hours and hours of these guys on film.
who's throwing the ball to the wr? HELLOO!!!! Your wr's aren't going to do anything is he can't throw. A wr is as good as the qb throwing to him. Don't believe me? ask Moss.

Don't ask me, ask the coaches about watching film. If Fairchild thought it would be best to bring in the players and have them compete under his system, I'll take his judgement over yours and Pat Moran until the day comes when you actually start coaching in the NFL.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 12:30 PM
not to be sarcastic, but didnt we basically trade Eric Moulds for Butler?

TedMock
07-25-2006, 12:34 PM
I think a good year for a 2 on the Bills, would be be around 70 grabs, 1,100 yds and 8 TD's

Those numbers would be way better than good for a number 2. Those would be great. Not many number 2's get 1100 yards and 8TD's. I think 60-65 grabs for 750-800 yards and 6 TD's would be a nice year for a number 2. I'd like 40-50 for 500-600 yards and 4 TD's for the number 3 guy. I'd also like to see Willis get 350 carries for 1500-1550 yards, and Lee Evans catch 90 for 1300-1500, both with 10 TD's.

I don't think these are my predictions, just what I'd like to see. I think they're realistic on some level. The QB, and the OL are really going to determine how realistic these numbers are. That would give the QB about 2700 yards, and 20 TD's to the WR's. That's about where a good QB should be. another 600 yards and 5 or 6 TD's to the TE's and RB's would round it out nicely. 3300 yards, and 25 TD's, would be fine by me. Hopefully the INT's will be 14 or under.

Night Train
07-25-2006, 12:37 PM
It's all pereception and the Bills really don't deserve any national flattery/respect until they go out and earn it in the fall. Let all the media heads predict last place.

Until then, ignore it and watch the progress during the summer.

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 12:44 PM
who's throwing the ball to the wr? HELLOO!!!! Your wr's aren't going to do anything is he can't throw. A wr is as good as the qb throwing to him. Don't believe me? ask Moss.

Don't ask me, ask the coaches about watching film. If Fairchild thought it would be best to bring in the players and have them compete under his system, I'll take his judgement over yours and Pat Moran until the day comes when you actually start coaching in the NFL.

Just like Tom Clements knew best when he brought in Bennie Anderson?

Sorry- I fully understand why you'd trust a hired NFL coach over me, but I've seen enough coaches and GM's make stupid decisions in Buffalo that I refuse to give them the benefit of the doubt just because they're "professionals".

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Picket led the NFL in tackles among DT's, I dont care what system he plays in.. Compared to Tim Anderson he fits.

and I am a HUGE fan of Fairchild.. Unfortunately, I'm sure Fairchild has little say in what defense fa's we were going to sign.When I mentioned Fairchild, I was reffering to Reed and Price. I'm sure Fairchild had a hand in bringing them in. So how can you say you're a Fairchild fan and yet question their moves?

HAMMER
07-25-2006, 12:55 PM

and I am a HUGE fan of Fairchild.. Unfortunately, I'm sure Fairchild has little say in what defense fa's we were going to sign.

How does one become a huge fan of an OC that hasn't coached a down for the Bills?

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Just like Tom Clements knew best when he brought in Bennie Anderson?

Sorry- I fully understand why you'd trust a hired NFL coach over me, but I've seen enough coaches and GM's make stupid decisions in Buffalo that I refuse to give them the benefit of the doubt just because they're "professionals".

This is where I have a problem with most of your posts. Clements was a TD hire. If we were under the TD regime, I wouldn't have a problem with all your pessimism. TD's decisions are PROVEN failures.

The team is under Marv Levy now. He's a HOF coach who knows football. Granted he isn't fallible, I wouldn't call him out and say his moves are STUPID like you just did like it's a FACT. You yourself have been wrong with your so called predictions and yet so quick to say "I was right"......right about the OBVIOUS. Big deal.

Ice is gone but it seems like you have taken his place. Marvs moves are stupid. Yeah right, . Any smart man would give the guy the benefit of a doubt after all, he's a HOF coach because of football. You wouldn't happen to be a pop warner coach would you?

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 12:59 PM
How does one become a huge fan of an OC that hasn't coached a down for the Bills?
Because I'm a Rams fan and I've seen what he's done..and I liked watching their offense.

Justa:
PRice and Reed were nothing more than "the market is thin and this is what we can afford" signings, you can spin it anyway you want.

I'm not Bills hating here either. I like the makeup of the majority of this team, just dont think it will equate to winning THIS year.. But I hate the WR's with a passion.. Arguably, every one of them SUCK with the exception of Evans, who's gonna get doubled to death.

Ickybaluky
07-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Granted he isn't fallible

Way to temper expectations.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Way to temper expectations.I'm not stupid. Marv is not the 2nd coming Polian. He hasn't done anything proven as a GM but I am also not reay to say he makes stupid moves even if his moves haven't produced facts yet. OP, here already decided some of those moves are stupid. Based on what? His opinion.

Ickybaluky
07-25-2006, 01:04 PM
You just said he makes no mistakes.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Justa:
PRice and Reed were nothing more than "the market is thin and this is what we can afford" signings, you can spin it anyway you want.

I'm not Bills hating here either. I like the makeup of the majority of this team, just dont think it will equate to winning THIS year.. But I hate the WR's with a passion.. Arguably, every one of them SUCK with the exception of Evans, who's gonna get doubled to death.and I don't have a problem with that. There has been barely any team that's had the players they wanted in their first year of rebuild. The fins didn't have their qb last year. The same can be said about the bills' wr's. Did you think we would get our Harrison in this years FA?

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 01:07 PM
You just said he makes no mistakes.:oops: You know what I meant.

Ickybaluky
07-25-2006, 01:08 PM
:oops: You know what I meant.

Yeah, I'm just being an ass.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I'm just being an ass.Na, thanks more correcting me.

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 01:12 PM
This is where I have a problem with most of your posts. Clements was a TD hire. If we were under the TD regime, I wouldn't have a problem with all your pessimism. TD's decisions are PROVEN failures.

The team is under Marv Levy now. He's a HOF coach who knows football. Granted he isn't fallible, I wouldn't call him out and say his moves are STUPID like you just did like it's a FACT. You yourself have been wrong with your so called predictions and yet so quick to say "I was right"......right about the OBVIOUS. Big deal.

Ice is gone but it seems like you have taken his place. Marvs moves are stupid. Yeah right, . Any smart man would give the guy the benefit of a doubt after all, he's a HOF coach because of football. You wouldn't happen to be a pop warner coach would you?

For the record, I have not been quick to say "I was right"- I didn't say it about all the stuff I was right about last year until people started giving me a hard time this year. And I also thought that most of my predictions are pretty obvious, but so many people seem to disagree with them. Last year, I said the DL would struggle without Pat Williams and I got tons of **** from everyone here- turns out I was right.

I'm sorry but I can no longer give this team the benefit of the doubt. Ralph picked TD and Ralph also picked Marv.

Ickybaluky
07-25-2006, 01:14 PM
For the record, I have not been quick to say "I was right"

This is very true. Op rarely brags, he just moves on to the next thing to complain about. He is a forward-thinking pessimist.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 01:15 PM
and I don't have a problem with that. There has been barely any team that's had the players they wanted in their first year of rebuild. The fins didn't have their qb last year. The same can be said about the bills' wr's. Did you think we would get our Harrison in this years FA?
your missing my point here..

No, I didnt think we'd get Harrison.. I'm not concerned about WR. I woulda been happy with Davis, Parrish, Aiken and maybe a cheaper vet or another rookie draft choice..

The money that was GIVEN to Reed AND Price would have been served going to a spot that is MORE CRUCIAL to our success, such as a DT like Pickett, who woulda solidified our front four in a big way, or perhaps a guard. Reed and Price combined got nearly $5 million just in signing bonuses, and for the production they've had, that's borderline criminal.

I like Levy and what he's done for the most part.. But so far, he's proven to me when he approaches something he has no plan B.
With taking Whitner right after Huff
Signing Denny right after losing out on upgrading with Idonijie
Bringing that Bum Reed back
As examples.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 01:28 PM
your missing my point here..

No, I didnt think we'd get Harrison.. I'm not concerned about WR. I woulda been happy with Davis, Parrish, Aiken and maybe a cheaper vet or another rookie draft choice..

The money that was GIVEN to Reed AND Price would have been served going to a spot that is MORE CRUCIAL to our success, such as a DT like Pickett, who woulda solidified our front four in a big way, or perhaps a guard. Reed and Price combined got nearly $5 million just in signing bonuses, and for the production they've had, that's borderline criminal.

I like Levy and what he's done for the most part.. But so far, he's proven to me when he approaches something he has no plan B.
With taking Whitner right after Huff
Signing Denny right after losing out on upgrading with Idonijie
Bringing that Bum Reed back
As examples.
What ? Parrish, Aiken and Davis behind an unproven no. 1 in Evans? No thanks. I'm glad we brought more.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 01:34 PM
For the record, I have not been quick to say "I was right"- I didn't say it about all the stuff I was right about last year until people started giving me a hard time this year. And I also thought that most of my predictions are pretty obvious, but so many people seem to disagree with them. Last year, I said the DL would struggle without Pat Williams and I got tons of **** from everyone here- turns out I was right.

I'm sorry but I can no longer give this team the benefit of the doubt. Ralph picked TD and Ralph also picked Marv.turns out you were right. :snicker:

If you can no longer give this team the benefit of a doubt then why do you keep coming back? Stop trying to recruit people to be miserable like you. If all you ever do is come here to B1tch and whine since you no longer believe in this team, don't expect us who still have fun watching the bills to keep our mouth shut .

Win or lose, I will look forward to watching the games. It's entertainment for us and misery for you.

feelthepain
07-25-2006, 01:54 PM
I actually like being in this position. No pressure, and no-where to go but up.

Buffalo Quarterback
Contenders: Kelly Holcomb (http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=2604), J.P. Losman (http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=2780), Craig Nall (http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=1807)

Re-read the names above. Consider that the Bills lost Eric Moulds (http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=2270), but gained Dick Jauron and Marv Levy. The No. 2 receiver spot is being contested by three veterans absolutely no other team wanted. Which reminds me …

Salvageable: No

Buffalo No. 2 Receiver
Contenders: Peerless Price (http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=2173), Andre’ Davis, Josh Reed (http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=2272)

Combined 2005 numbers of this veteran group: 47 catches, 735 yards, 3 TD. Reed accounted for the majority of those totals, but his signing was the toughest to swallow. The former second-rounder disappointed Bills brass for three straight seasons, never topping 600 yards, then was rewarded with a pricey four-year deal. Price’s signing was odd after he was cut twice in six months, but bringing Reed back was inexplicable. I’m staying away from this group.

Salvageable:No

http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.asp?sport=NFL&column=25&articleid=23844

I don't think any fan in the division who's honest with themselves and knows the history with the Bills thinks the Bills will just roll over. I could see the Bills having a successful season given all thats new in Buffalo. I would suggest not getting your hopes up because it will take time for everything to fall into place. I think for the Bills it will be a season of surprising wins and dsappointing losses, by that I mean losses to teams the Bills are good enough to beat. It's just part of rebuilding and learning a new system.

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 02:19 PM
turns out you were right. :snicker:

If you can no longer give this team the benefit of a doubt then why do you keep coming back? Stop trying to recruit people to be miserable like you. If all you ever do is come here to B1tch and whine since you no longer believe in this team, don't expect us who still have fun watching the bills to keep our mouth shut .

Win or lose, I will look forward to watching the games. It's entertainment for us and misery for you.

You know, despite all the disagreement we've had, I've never doubted that you were a fan, even for a second- until now.

It's entertaining for you to watch 11 losses? I don't understand how any fan can consider that anything except misery.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 02:33 PM
It's entertaining for you to watch 11 losses? I don't understand how any fan can consider that anything except misery.it's entertaining to watch the games. It's a disapppointment if we lose. I'm not gonna stop myself from having fun. It's sports. You win some and you lose some. Like I said, if it was still TD running the show, there isn't much to look forward to. I've said this to you several times, I'd rather deal with the unknown than a sure failure in TD.

You always refer back to the last few years even though it's another team and another person running the show and yet you expect the same.

I never doubted you as a fan either. What I don't understand is "I'm sorry but I can no longer give this team the benefit of the doubt."

I thought you were done complaining . So , do you come back so you have something to whine about?

Mr. Pink
07-25-2006, 03:35 PM
What ? Parrish, Aiken and Davis behind an unproven no. 1 in Evans? No thanks. I'm glad we brought more.

I see both of your points here Justa and Patrick....

I woulda rather seen 1 guy brought in, like David Givens and still had a little money to play with then re-sign the bum Reed and Price. I don't mind the Price signing because he has shown he can be a successful number 2 receiver but his recent pass has been full of disappointment and failures. It's not a good omen on what he still can bring to the table, however it doesn't show what he will bring to the table.

With Givens we'd be getting a younger guy who is proven and unlike most of the people on this team, a winner. He'd be a guy who could step up in the lockerroom and help with leadership qualities. Lets face it, most players on this team have no idea what playing for a winner means or is. It woulda brought an extra dimension to the team and to the attitude.

Notice I didn't even mention TO. I think he'll somewhat clean his act up due to eventually he has to know that if he blows up he won't get another chance in this league. However, I don't think he woulda played here even if the brass gave him 10 mill a year. However Givens on the other hand for around 4 a year, most likely would have.

And tell me you wouldn't feel more comfortable with Evans-Givens-Parrish-Aiken-Nance over what we have now.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Id fell more comfortable with a REAL NOSE GUARD like Pickett than any #2 WR..

I'll take Drew Hadaad and stick him out there if it means our front seven is gonna shut down the run.

Mr. Pink
07-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Id fell more comfortable with a REAL NOSE GUARD like Pickett than any #2 WR..

I'll take Drew Hadaad and stick him out there if it means our front seven is gonna shut down the run.

Even with Givens over the two people we have now vying for the #2 we'd still have around 1 million dollars to go spend for a guy like Pickett. And we would have upgraded 2 positions from what we have now instead of adding fillers and hoping and praying that it works out.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Yes, I'd take Givens in a second over Price and Reed together..

But I'd take Pickett at DT and have Parrish/Davis start with my grandmother in the slot before I'd take any of them.

To me the front four is the most important part of football. Look at Carolina's? Look at Buffalo's for that matter when we had Adams and Pat Williams..Or Williams and Washington.. NOBODY ran on us.

You have an unbreakable front four and you'll defense will keep you in every game... We could have TO, Moss and Harrison lining up for us and as long as the line doesnt pass block and "whoever" is QB'ing doesnt get them the ball consistently, it doesnt matter.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Even with Givens over the two people we have now vying for the #2 we'd still have around 1 million dollars to go spend for a guy like Pickett. And we would have upgraded 2 positions from what we have now instead of adding fillers and hoping and praying that it works out.

WE couldnt have signed Pickett and Givens.. Too much money.. Pickett woulda offset Price and Reed's money.. But then we couldnt afford Givens, well we could but we'd be pretty dangerously low towards the cap. Well maybe not even so much that, WIlson aint paying out those kind of bonuses. Its quality over quantity around these parts these days