PDA

View Full Version : Bills Camp Surprises

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 10:17 AM
In everyone’s opinion, name someone from the Bills who’s really going to step up in Training camp, make some noise and unexpectedly make a name for himself real quick. While they may not win a starting job, it’s someone who will become an important part of the rotation.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I have two players, both on defense. The first is Kyle Williams. He has a huge motor and I got this feeling he’s going to be pushing Tim Anderson for snaps at the nose tackle slot. In fact, by mid-season I wouldn’t be surprised if he is getting as many snaps as first round draft pick John McCargo, especially on first and second down. I absolutely love this draft pick.
<o:p></o:p>
The other is cornerback Kiwaukee Thomas. I think he’s going to end up beating out King, Greer and Ashton Youbooty for the nickel corner spot. As the season goes on I’m sure we’ll see more of Youboty, but coming out of camp I think Thomas will win the nickel spot.

bigbub2352
07-25-2006, 10:22 AM
I all ready started this thread like a week ago, but i will keep on truckin with yah, i believe the surprise of the camp will be Martin Nance, if he can show up and prove he can shed the 5yrd chuck, and play on special teams, guys like Sam Aiken, Geoge Wilson, Freddie Smith, will be gone
I also like Brad Butler i think he will provide solid depth at the tackle postion

The JuiceBox Guy
07-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Lionel Gates

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Parrish and Baker or Everrett

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Pat- I hope you're right about Kyle Williams because I have no confidence in Anderson.

I really think Eric King is gonna step it up, but he has a lot of competition since Marv and Company seemed to think the draft only included defensive backs this year.

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Parrish and Baker or Everrett

disagree on Parrish- agree on Everett. I'm anxious to see what Everett's got.

Mr. Pink
07-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Ryan Denney! He'll finally show he was worthy of being drafted and worth the contract he was given in the offseason.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
disagree on Parrish- agree on Everett. I'm anxious to see what Everett's got.
Haha! Parrish was a safe bet. He was the best player at camp before he got injured. Maybe the word stepping up wasn't fit for him because he's almost sure to be his self, catching every ball thrown to him at camp.

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Haha! Parrish was a safe bet. He was the best player at camp before he got injured. Maybe the word stepping up wasn't fit for him because he's almost sure to be his self, catching every ball thrown to him.

and getting tackled the second he catches the ball.

Moulds in his prime would always break the first tackle- that's something that's been sorely missing from Bills WR's and especially TE's for 2-3 seasons at least.

That's why I want to see what Everrett can do- it would be nice to see a TE run after the catch rather than stumbling over his own feet (think Riemersma) or getting tackled immediately.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Ryan Denney! He'll finally show he was worthy of being drafted and worth the contract he was given in the offseason.

Ryan Denney makes me long for the days of Erik Flowers and Chidi Ahanotu

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 11:07 AM

Moulds in his prime would always break the first tackle- that's something that's been sorely missing from Bills WR's and especially TE's for 2-3 seasons at least.

That's why I want to see what Everrett can do- it would be nice to see a TE run after the catch rather than stumbling over his own feet (think Riemersma) or getting tackled immediately.

Im much more a Davis fan than a Parrish fan. He's fast and he can catch but he aint ever gonna break a tackle.

I hope Davis stays healthy, he's going to end up being our #3 ahead of Parrish and Rump Reed

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I agree on Kyle Williams, and think Butler, Nance and Neill will impress.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 11:46 AM

you've barely even seen the guy and already you think he's gonna get tackled as soon as he catches the ball? The guy is quick. If that's a problem too, do you think April is gonna make him return punts? I doubt you know any better than April.

Besides, I don't care if he get's tackled after a catch as long as he's catching the balls for 1st downs. Something we didn't have all year round.

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 11:49 AM
you've barely even seen the guy and already you think he's gonna get tackled as soon as he catches the ball? The guy is quick. If that's a problem too, do you think April is gonna make him return punts? I doubt you know any better than April.

Besides, I don't care if he get's tackled after a catch as long as he's catching the balls for 1st downs. Something we didn't have all year round.

barely seen the guy? He played in like 7 games last year- if he had the ability to break tackles, he would have shown it already.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 11:56 AM
barely seen the guy? He played in like 7 games last year- if he had the ability to break tackles, he would have shown it already.

1St we're talking about CAMP surprises

2nd, he was barely used as a wr last year.

3rd, he just got back from an injury.

4th The QB musical chairs isn't gonna get him chemistry w/ any qb.

5th he was a rookie. How did Moulds do his 1st 2 years?

By your logic, we should get rid of Losman. He's played 8 games and played horribly.

Like I siad, I don't care if he can't break tackles as long as he keeps the drive going by catching for 1st downs. He doesn't have to have monster nos. If he catches as much as Reed did in his first year. I'll be more than happy. You can't tell me he can't make those nos.

HAMMER
07-25-2006, 11:57 AM

For someone that size it is not about breaking tackles but slipping or avoiding them.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Maybe by the time Holcomb's weak-armed lobs arrived, there were several defenders waiting to smother him.

L.A. Playa
07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
I will be suprised if Mikey doesnt hang out and get teased by FBH at least once during camp

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 12:04 PM
For someone that size it is not about breaking tackles but slipping or avoiding them.
:bf1:

Philagape
07-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Gates

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 12:14 PM
1St we're talking about CAMP surprises

2nd, he was barely used as a wr last year.

3rd, he just got back from an injury.

4th The QB musical chairs isn't gonna get him chemistry w/ any qb.

5th he was a rookie. How did Moulds do his 1st 2 years?

By your logic, we should get rid of Losman. He's played 8 games and played horribly.

Like I siad, I don't care if he can't break tackles as long as he keeps the drive going by catching for 1st downs. He doesn't have to have monster nos. If he catches as much as Reed did in his first year. I'll be more than happy. You can't tell me he can't make those nos.

By your logic, every position should be evaluated exactly the same. QB is not the same as WR.

Also, note that I never said we should get rid of Parrish. I said he can't break tackles.

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 12:23 PM
By your logic, every position should be evaluated exactly the same. QB is not the same as WR.

Also, note that I never said we should get rid of Parrish. I said he can't break tackles.

Yes, every position should be evaluated the same. It's being done right now. Even the QB position is being competed ,in case you missed that.

I never said you wanted to get rid of Parrish.

picking the BEST player at camp last year to surprise at camp (title of the thread) is not being far fetched on my part. Since you are so into PROVEN players, Parrish is a proven camp star.

ParanoidAndroid
07-25-2006, 09:50 PM
I say Jason Hall makes a name for himself in a wide open DE competition.

FlyingDutchman
07-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Everett bc we have yet to see what he can do. The one Im really excited to see and think could be the biggest surprise is Ko Simpson. Ive heard nothing but good things about this guy, and the Bills coaching staff thinks its not if he'll be good, its when.

If he surprises and plays well along with Whitner, we might possibly have the best secondary in the NFL for years to come. This in turn would help our shady D-line.

Marvelous
07-25-2006, 10:02 PM

I think Denney has warranted his contract. He makes plays when he comes in his reserve 3rd down roles last year. Even if he's just depth for the next 4 years then i'm cool with that. I think Kelsay is hungry and could be a quality starter for us.. Not like we need 10 sacks or more from him. Just a solid run supporter and lunchpale hardworker type. (Hansen).

I'm looking forward to seeing TE Cislak get some consideration. The dude is really giving effort. It's been too long that we have been useless at TE. Minus the 1 fluite/Riemersma year, we haven't had a TE Since Metzelaars.. Lonnie freakin Johnson! What a joke!

Mahdi
07-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Players who I think will make a name for themselves in camp and pre-season are Eric Bassey the CB and Ko Simpson. Bassey has great size and and speed he also has the talent, I think he can be the fourth or fifth corner. Ko Simpson I think has a chance to be the starting FS if he continues to make plays, he has all the skills a satety needs, great coverage skills and a great tackler.

Tatonka
07-25-2006, 11:05 PM
i am almost 100% positive that our secondary will look like this...

Vincent, Simpson, Baker, Bowens, Whitner

Clements, McGee, Youboty, King, Greer