PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Mock Draft

FlyingDutchman
07-25-2006, 11:08 AM
I know these things are worthless and pointless but I thought it was interesting.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 11:12 AM
If we were GUARENTEED to get Brady Quinn, I'd take a 2-14 beating this season to have the next Jim Kelly here for a decade..

I know people will whine about that statement but I'd rather go 2-14 and get Quinn then go 5-11 and get the 9th pick.

BTW, Jarret and Johnson are BEASTS at WR, I could see the Jets taking one of them if they suck like I think they will this year.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 11:13 AM
I know these things are worthless and pointless but I thought it was interesting.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html
I think its more interesting what they think of our football team for 2006 to be picking 1st..

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 11:13 AM
I guess they don't realize that JP Losman is going to lead us at least to respectability, both ruining our chance at the number 1 overall pick, and negating the need for Quinn.

FlyingDutchman
07-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Is he really that good? Or a product of a good system?

TacklingDummy
07-25-2006, 11:19 AM
5 of the 10 drafts I looked at have the Bills drafting Quinn. I guess most media and most realistic fans arn't sold on JP Losman.

Other players I've seen the Bills picking 1st next year are, Calvin Johnson WR, Drew Stanton QB Michigan St., and 2 O-linemen. I forgot their names.

feelthepain
07-25-2006, 11:21 AM
No way in hell the Bills are the worst team in football this year, however they could trade into the number 1 spot, that I could see. It would be costly, but I could see it for a player like Quinn.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 11:24 AM
No way in hell the Bills are the worst team in football this year, however they could trade into the number 1 spot, that I could see. It would be costly, but I could see it.
And no way they're gonna take a QB anywhere in the first round without giving JP a fair shot first.

Captain Obvious
07-25-2006, 11:27 AM
5 of the 10 drafts I looked at have the Bills drafting Quinn. I guess most media and most realistic fans arn't sold on JP Losman.

Other players I've seen the Bills picking 1st next year are, Calvin Johnson WR, Drew Stanton QB Michigan St., and 2 O-linemen. I forgot their names.

Joe Thomas from Wisconsin? Justin Blalock from Texas?

LtFinFan66
07-25-2006, 11:32 AM
they have the Fins picking at 28 which would be nice. I do agree with FTP that there's no way the Bills will be the worst in the league

gr8slayer
07-25-2006, 11:33 AM
How about with the 32nd pick the Bills select the best DE available.

Homers unite!

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-25-2006, 11:34 AM
I really feel that if they let JP play all year we will have no need for a new QB. We then could look at O-Line or one of those beast WR. Jarret would be awesome hes got size to go with Evans on the other side it would be nice.

BigGabes23
07-25-2006, 12:03 PM
In June, I would have agged to tank the season in order to get Quinn, But I have chnnged my mind. If we go 2-14 that basically means we have regressed. So we will have waited a whole nother year, gotten worse, drafted a QB #1 overall, witch comes with the automatic attachment of 3 years to turn around. Say goodbye to Willis and Nate. We basically need to start over completely. I REALLY hope this does not happen.

FYI I would LOVE Samardzija at around 15.....

TacklingDummy
07-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Joe Thomas from Wisconsin? Justin Blalock from Texas?

Yeah, Thomas was one of them. I thought it was 2 O-linemen but I looked up my old post and it was actually 3. The other 2 were

9> Buffalo Bills: Jake Long-OT-Michigan

10 Buffalo *Levi Brown OT Penn State

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 12:29 PM
And no way they're gonna take a QB anywhere in the first round without giving JP a fair shot first.
If JP doesnt produce THIS season, they're taking a QB in the draft next year or FA.. That's extremely obvious.. JP will have (hopefully) a one year audition.

TacklingDummy
07-25-2006, 12:35 PM

If JP doesn't get a fair shot this year, do you really want a QB on your roster that couldn't beat out Holcomb or Nall?

Another Mock draft I just looked at has the Bills taking *Brian Brohm - QB - Louisville

DraftBoy
07-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Id rather have Chris Leak than Brady Quinn, if we are picking top 5 I want Johnson or Jarrett.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 12:39 PM
If JP doesnt produce THIS season, they're taking a QB in the draft next year or FA.. That's extremely obvious.. JP will have (hopefully) a one year audition.
I agree, provided JP is given a full season to show what he has, and makes no significant progress.

Earthquake Enyart
07-25-2006, 12:45 PM
If they don't have the confidense to "give JP a chance" then we'd need a QB anyhow.

In a dream world, we'd get Ted Ginn.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 12:47 PM
If JP doesn't get a fair shot this year, do you really want a QB on your roster that couldn't beat out Holcomb or Nall?

Another Mock draft I just looked at has the Bills taking *Brian Brohm - QB - Louisville
I just hope that Losman's inexperience is factored in when the coaching staff is choosing this season's starter, and/or that he doesn't just barely lose the competition to one of the career backups.

If he totally stinks in camp, is nowhere near Holcomb or Nall, and the braintrust decides he clearly doesn't have it and never will, then let's move on to Quinn or Brohm or a veteran FA.

I just don't believe that will happen, however.

LtFinFan66
07-25-2006, 12:50 PM
If they don't have the confidense to "give JP a chance" then we'd need a QB anyhow.

In a dream world, we'd get Ted Ginn.you guys have enough of my Buckeyes.....leave Teddy G. alone

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 01:13 PM
If we were GUARENTEED to get Brady Quinn, I'd take a 2-14 beating this season to have the next Jim Kelly here for a decade..
You KNOW that Brady Quinn is going to be the next Jim Kelly, and not the next Quinn Gray or the next Kelly Holcomb? I wish I had your prescience.

I don't even know what's going to happen the rest of this afternoon.:candle:

feelthepain
07-25-2006, 01:39 PM

The Chargers had Bree's and then took Rivers, it's smart football. JP will get his fair shot this year, if he deserves it. If JP has a good year great, but it's not reason to pass on a talent like Quinn if your in position to take him. Would you complain if you had Losman and Quinn as your QB's??

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 02:06 PM
The Chargers had Bree's and then took Rivers, it's smart football. JP will get his fair shot this year, if he deserves it. If JP has a good year great, but it's not reason to pass on a talent like Quinn if your in position to take him. Would you complain if you had Losman and Quinn as your QB's??
We have many, many other needs, so I don't think we have the luxury - if JP does well this year - of drafting another QB in the 1st round. That to me would not be smart football.

feelthepain
07-25-2006, 02:36 PM
We have many, many other needs, so I don't think we have the luxury - if JP does well this year - of drafting another QB in the 1st round. That to me would not be smart football.

I think you're putting way too much faith in JP at this point, he has the talent to play the position, but has yet to show he's mentally ready to win games. It may not come for another year or two and you have to have a successfull QB if you have any hope of being a contender.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 02:54 PM
After 8 starts, we know virtually nothing about JP, except that Mularkey did about everything he could to destroy his confidence.

That's why - until JP is given a chance to prove whether he can do it or not - it's premature to talk either about drafting another QB of the future, or annointing JP to that role.

R. Rich
07-25-2006, 03:17 PM
you guys have enough of my Buckeyes.....leave Teddy G. alone
I'd gladly leave him alone and take Calvin Johnson instead, who not only has great measurables (size, speed), but is a very good receiver in terms of fundamentals also, and is still just scratching the surface of his talents.

DraftBoy
07-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I'd gladly leave him alone and take Calvin Johnson instead, who not only has great measurables (size, speed), but is a very good receiver in terms of fundamentals also, and is still just scratching the surface of his talents.

Far and above the best WR to play in a few years

R. Rich
07-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Agreed, DB.

</b>I have a few Tech games on film from last year, and this kid looks very impressive. I sure hope he stays healthy so that we can get to see what kind of pro receiver he'll make.

DraftBoy
07-25-2006, 03:24 PM
After 8 starts, we know virtually nothing about JP, except that Mularkey did about everything he could to destroy his confidence.

That's why - until JP is given a chance to prove whether he can do it or not - it's premature to talk either about drafting another QB of the future, or annointing JP to that role.

Ill give you that MM tried to destroy JP's confidence but I remind you that by week 8 (assuming that JP wins the job) we should have a good idea what we have on our hands, as we would of had a full season of starts under his belt. As of right now in my eyes he has alot to prove. Lets hope for this seasons sake he can prove them. But is week 8 the cut off to show us something and if he doesnt we give Nall a shot to see what he can do? At what point if JP struggles do we say ok we gotta know what Nall can show us before sealing our fate of taking a QB in the 07 draft.

DraftBoy
07-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Agreed, DB.

</b>I have a few Tech games on film from last year, and this kid looks very impressive. I sure hope he stays healthy so that we can get to see what kind of pro receiver he'll make.

You may see this kid come of age week 1 @ home v. Notre Dame...Notre Dame has a weak Defensive Backfied and if Ball can get his head out of his ass and make the right throws he could keep Tech in it and have a huge game. It will be good to The Shark v. Calvin for the first game on Saturday Night Football. But I gotta say Im from the Atl but yet GO IRISH!!

DraftBoy
07-25-2006, 03:27 PM
you guys have enough of my Buckeyes.....leave Teddy G. alone

I will gladly leave Gin alone, we have one over hyped Punt Returned already in Roscoe Parrish...lets see Gin do what he does (which at times is spectacular) consistently this year without Holmes helping him out.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 03:57 PM
I dont know who's out there but focus #1 better be on the DL next offseason, FA and the draft..

Unless we get the top pick then hello Mr QUinn

DraftBoy
07-25-2006, 04:00 PM
I dont know who's out there but focus #1 better be on the DL next offseason, FA and the draft..

Unless we get the top pick then hello Mr QUinn

Quinn is not the asnwer we need an athletic composure filled QB, I need not remind a fellow ND fan of Quinn prior to Weiss taking over, he wasnt even a day 1 pick. Chris Leak is the ideal QB for this team, poised, a leader, and succeeded in UF old NFL Offense.

Mr. Pink
07-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Quinn is not the asnwer we need an athletic composure filled QB, I need not remind a fellow ND fan of Quinn prior to Weiss taking over, he wasnt even a day 1 pick. Chris Leak is the ideal QB for this team, poised, a leader, and succeeded in UF old NFL Offense.

So if you want an athletic composure filled QB....why not Troy Smith out of Ohio St? The only knock on that is generally Ohio St QBs don't translate to good NFL QBs. But he fits the athletic and full of composure part.

DraftBoy
07-25-2006, 04:18 PM
So if you want an athletic composure filled QB....why not Troy Smith out of Ohio St? The only knock on that is generally Ohio St QBs don't translate to good NFL QBs. But he fits the athletic and full of composure part.

Lack of experience is my biggest knock on him, but he's one to watch but Im looking towards trying to find a QB who will be available late-mind 3rd...Smith also uses his athleticism a little too much for my tastes. Leak is a pass first QB, who really doesnt like to run. Plus he is the unchallenged leader on a bad Florida team.

X-Era
07-25-2006, 05:10 PM

No, there just tackling dummies like you.

THATHURMANATOR
07-25-2006, 05:23 PM
I guess most realistic fans
You mean most *******s right? :idunno:

TacklingDummy
07-25-2006, 07:49 PM
You mean most *******s right? :idunno:

Nope, Homer. I meant realistic.

Just like this mock draft says........Buffalo Bills-Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
J.P. Losman is not the answer at quarterback for the Bills if they are picking first in the 2007 NFL Draft. The Bills could go in a different direction with the new coaching staff under Dick Jauron. Quinn is a franchise caliber quarterback who could step in immediately. The question arises, who would you rather have, Brady Quinn or J.P. Losman? I know my answer.

I know my answer too.

LtFinFan66
07-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Lack of experience is my biggest knock on him, but he's one to watch but Im looking towards trying to find a QB who will be available late-mind 3rd...Smith also uses his athleticism a little too much for my tastes. Leak is a pass first QB, who really doesnt like to run. Plus he is the unchallenged leader on a bad Florida team.Did you watch the two biggest OSU games last year? Michigan and Notre Dame. He is a passer first without a doubt. Only runs when He needs to. Had what, like 450 yards against ND.

HHURRICANE
07-25-2006, 09:20 PM
I put this out there before. I will bet $1,000 (all going to a local charity) that the Bills will win 7 games. We are not getting Brady Quinn. The 49'rs still suck, will suck and will get the 1st pick.

Bill Cody
07-25-2006, 09:59 PM

:whistling

DraftBoy
07-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Did you watch the two biggest OSU games last year? Michigan and Notre Dame. He is a passer first without a doubt. Only runs when He needs to. Had what, like 450 yards against ND.

Yes I watched both, I watch alot of OSU games actually Big 10 is my fav conference. Unfortunately I cant just use those two game sin determining an accurate report on Smith and the numbers dont lie. Allow me to show you;

Smith-11games 136 rushes 722 yards 11TD
Leak-12 games 105 rushes 81 yards 6TD

Now thats equates out to an avg of 12.36 rushes per game for Smith, and 8.75 for Leak. Now Leak as can be told by his net yards is not a runner for extra yards he is a runner for time and the Florida OL is not as solid as Ohio St. Many of his rushing attempts were to attempt to buy time.

Now let me say this, Smith is a gifted athlete and a pass first quarterback, however he is still to raw and gets to happy with his feet when his #1 and #2 targets are not open. He needs to learn better check down methods and that should come easily with time. He's a top talent but not one at this time I think fits the Bills well. Hope that helps somewhat.

ParanoidAndroid
07-25-2006, 10:52 PM
If JP doesn't work out, I hope that Marv and company have the sense to go after a QB in FA so they can use their top pick for a DE or a potentially game-changing WR like Johnson. My money is on JP making some strides this year, anyway.
It would be nice to have a true pass rusher instead of a couple of coverage-sack artists. Moses or Adams would be nice.
Posluszny would be most welcome as the successor to Fletcher-Baker. He is probably the most sure thing of that entire mock.

DraftBoy
07-25-2006, 11:00 PM
If JP doesn't work out, I hope that Marv and company have the sense to go after a QB in FA so they can use their top pick for a DE or a potentially game-changing WR like Johnson. My money is on JP making some strides this year, anyway.
It would be nice to have a true pass rusher instead of a couple of coverage-sack artists. Moses or Adams would be nice.
Posluszny would be most welcome as the successor to Fletcher-Baker. He is probably the most sure thing of that entire mock.

Not really knowing the FA class, I think this years QB crop is too rich not to take 1 and let him learn behing KH or Nall (ASSUMING JP FAILS). I think no doubt we should take our #1 pick and get a game breaking WR like Johnson, Jarret, Rice, or Smardzija (and I butchered his name). However with Jeff he signed a baseball contract with the Cubs so he is going to be a 2 sport athlete.

As for one of the DE's Moses or Gaines would be great in the lower 10 or before 15, they could be dynamite players for years to come. I could see us taking Paul if TKO is step slower or noticeably different this year, if not I expect Crowell-Watson-Spikes to be our starting LB's going into 07.