PDA

View Full Version : What Position Will The Bills Look to Waiver Wire for?

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Defensive End:
When Jauron and Fewell get a first hand look at what a chump Denney is, they'll be looking for depth at DE.

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 02:29 PM
we still need OL help and DT help.

We could probably use some receiver help.

I doubt we'll find much on the waiver wires though. We already have Price, Gibson and A-Train- that's enough junk from other teams as it is.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2006, 02:40 PM
we still need OL help and DT help.

We could probably use some receiver help.

I doubt we'll find much on the waiver wires though. We already have Price, Gibson and A-Train- that's enough junk from other teams as it is.
I agree, OP, that we could use some help on both lines if the right fit came along.

I think we have enough bodies to have a pretty respectable WR corps, though.

bigbub2352
07-25-2006, 02:49 PM
I think they would look at DE

R. Rich
07-25-2006, 03:20 PM
What position will (as in "I know more than the rest of you because I rant the most/loudest") the Bills look for or should (as in "I'm just guessing, because I don't have a clue as to what they'll do") the Bills look for?

DraftBoy
07-25-2006, 03:36 PM
I think that we should look at DE, though I dont expect there to be anything worth wasting time on.

LifetimeBillsFan
07-26-2006, 01:42 AM
I think that they will probably be looking very closely at DT and also DE.

I don't know much about L.Brown or Jefferson, but Sape hasn't shown much quickness and I doubt that they will want to go into the season with only four competent DTs on the roster given the requirements of the defensive system that they run. So, I would expect them to be looking to see if they can pick up someone off of the waiver wire who would be better than Brown and Jefferson. That might not be that hard to find, although they seem to be pretty picky about the physical qualities that they want their DTs to have.

While I happen to like Neill a lot as a pass rusher and Hall seems to be a similar-type player, when Denney and Word are the best veteran back-ups that they have on their roster, I don't think that the Bills can afford not to look at the DEs that come onto the waiver wire. Also, I think that it might be a little easier to find a DE that fits the Bills' new defensive system than it would be to find a DT or an offensive lineman who has the potential to be better than the people that they already have. Indeed, there's one guy that I have in mind who has done a decent job in limited action as a back-up that just might end up getting cut at the end of the preseason because of the logjam that his team has at DE who I would be very happy to see the Bills pick up if he does end up being waived.

billsburgh
07-26-2006, 02:06 AM
Defensive End:
When Jauron and Fewell get a first hand look at what a chump Denney is, they'll be looking for depth at DE.
aren't they the fools who just resigned him this year?

jamze132
07-26-2006, 03:12 AM
What they need to do is tell Posey to pack his bags or get on the D-line. Crowell is more than capable of filling his shoes. You put Posey on the D-line and you might not need to worry about finding help through waivers. I think he will play that postition much better than he does Linebacker.

YardRat
07-26-2006, 06:18 AM
I think they go with who we have now and won't pick up anybody, unless someone you can't pass up falls out of the sky...regardless of a specific position.

Historian
07-26-2006, 07:29 AM
What they need to do is tell Posey to pack his bags or get on the D-line. Crowell is more than capable of filling his shoes. You put Posey on the D-line and you might not need to worry about finding help through waivers. I think he will play that postition much better than he does Linebacker.

He would have to really bulk up to do that, wouldn't he?

jamze132
07-26-2006, 07:58 AM
He would have to really bulk up to do that, wouldn't he?
Why? He's 6'4, 240 isn't he? I think that would be big enough for the scheme we are going to run. Some will argue DEs in any scheme need to be big, but I don't think it's quite that important when it comes to Posey. I think he will do fine there.

HHURRICANE
07-26-2006, 08:17 AM
Defensive End:

I still think that we still have needs on the whole defensive fornt. With that said DE is by far our biggest weakness. Schobel on most teams would be an average player at best. He gets alot of garbage sacks. Kelsay and Denney are both below average. I am actually writing a thread on why it is important for Losman to play well this year and how it affects things like this position.

alohabillsfan
07-26-2006, 09:23 AM
I believe by getting quick penetrating DT's will help force the QB out of the pocket and the DE's will fair better at getting to the QB's look at the tape of Sam Adams standing there hand fighting with an opposing lineman not even moving across the line of scrimage and the QB had plent of time in the pocket. I look for this to be a better year for the front 4, with that said, I hope with this sceme that we can get the DT's in the backfield enough to disrupt the run before the RB blows past them!

Amare
07-26-2006, 09:59 AM
If he's a chump then why'd they resign him?