PDA

View Full Version : What Players Must Excel On Offense?

justasportsfan
07-25-2006, 04:48 PM
As Bills head coach Dick Jauron has said several times already, 'We're going to need everybody to be successful.' And for a Bills team that's looking to claw its way back to respectability it may take all 53 men on their roster.

But for an offense to be successful their marquee players have to make big plays. And there are some obvious names that come up when discussing what it will take to make the Bills offense click again. But in following Jauron's credo there are some other positions where some top notch performances are also needed this season so those skill players have the opportunity to put their talent on display. http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3877

kgun12
07-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Any player with a 2 digit number that begins with a 6 or 7

YardRat
07-25-2006, 06:09 PM
I agree...the o-line doesn't need to send anybody to the Pro Bowl, but they need to excel as a unit.

kgun12
07-25-2006, 06:18 PM
This has been the biggest problem for a very long time and in has been the most overlook positon as far as draft picks and FA. hopefully this will change!

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 08:27 PM
It starts with the OL- McGahee and Losman won't stand a chance unless that happens.

OpIv37
07-25-2006, 08:28 PM

or 5- Villarial wears 54.

patmoran2006
07-25-2006, 08:33 PM
The offense live and dies with Wilson and Fast Freddy Smith, and Joe Burns needs to run for at least 1300 yard this year.

Philagape
07-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Imagine how much of a difference it will make if JP clicks. With his escape ability, he has the potential to make plays even if the line breaks down. With the speed at WR, someone will get open (possibly deep) as JP buys time with his feet. If JP spots them and hits them, he can make a difference more than any other player.
If JP doesn't get it, the year is probably lost to rebuilding. Defenses won't respect the pass, neutralizing Willis. If it's Holcomb, THEN it's up to the line to save the offense.
It's on JP.

HHURRICANE
07-25-2006, 09:16 PM
I forgot about Lindell. We were so bad last year everyone forgot how mediocre he was the previous year. Wouldn't it be our that luck we end surprising everyone and in week 17 Lindell misses the field goal that gets us into the playoffs. You know you had a bad year when Lindell has the most points. Nice red zone playbook MM!!

billsburgh
07-26-2006, 02:45 AM
Whoever the #2 receiver is opposite Evans nees to step up so that other teams cant double him every single play

jamze132
07-26-2006, 03:08 AM
Say what you want about QBs, receivers, punt catchers, clipboard holders, etc.; the bottom line is that the O-line must be succesful. If they are, and I expect them to be, everything will fall into place on the offensive side of the football. The line is the key.

R. Rich
07-26-2006, 03:49 PM
I hear ya. Let's hope our offensive line can be @ the very least a solid, cohesive unit......and maybe even more.