Again, Why Can't the bills win the East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigGabes23
    • Mar 2006

Again, Why Can't the bills win the East?

The popular theory for uneducated football fans, and the media (just uneducated), is that since the Dolphins won their last six games, and that they made a move to get Dante Culpepper, they will be an instant power. Here are my feelings:
    Does this six game winning streak remind you of anything? If you said the 2004 Buffalo Bills, you would be correct. The fish ran off these victories against Oakland, Buffalo, SD, Jets, Titans, and a pointless game against NE.
    The savior, Dante Culppeper, in his games last year against teams with a winning record (TB, CIN, ATL, CHI, CAR) was 0-5 with 12 INT and 1 TD. Oh, did I mention he is still recovering from tearing every ligament in his right knee?
    Their secondary was clearly the weak link last year, and they did not do much to improve it. Their first round draft pci, Jason Allen just had knee surgery and may miss time. Zach Thomas is great, but the other two starting LBs are Channing Crowder and Donnie Spragin. Lastly, no Ricky Williams means that Ronnie Brown will have to carry a full load this year. I really like him as a player, but I don’t know if he is ready for that. His counterpart at Auburn, Cadillac Williams was forced into that role last year, a year where he spent most of his time on the bench with injuries.
    I really fail to see how this team got any better. People assuming that the dolphins’ defense is "always solid" may be in for a surprise this year, because it is not that good. Sure, they have some offensive weapons, but will how will they work as a group? To me, Miami is another team that has regressed this off-season.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Again, Why Can't the bills win the East?

That's all well and good, except it has nothing to do with the fact that the Bills still have a lot of holes. It doesn't matter what the Fish or the Pats do if the Bills can't win on Sunday themselves.

Given the shaky OL and DL situation, no stability at QB, new coaches and systems on both sides of the ball, a #1 WR who's never been a #1 WR and no true #2 WR, best defensive player coming off a very serious injury, lack of depth at numerous positions, an RB who hasn't committed himself to anything except money yet, etc, the Bills won't be doing much winning this year.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Can't disagree that things can happen. But ON PAPER the fins have gotten better. ON PAPER both the bills and Jets are rebuilding. Pats are still the team to beat.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
        • Sep 2003

The Bills schedule is very easy. I think they can be 9-7. How far the Bills go depends on: A) How quickly can the team gel? OB, OL, D...how ready will they be opening day? B) How good are the Fins really? Are they ready to break out, or was the end-of-season winning streak just a fluke? C) How ready will the Bills be, and how much will the Patriots overlook the Bills in the opener?

PTR
        10 Commandments of the D
        1. Never stop Rocking.
        2. Legalize all drugs.
        3. Quit your day job.
        4. All Religion should be taxed.
        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
        6. F**k her gently.
        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
          The Bills schedule is very easy. I think they can be 9-7. How far the Bills go depends on: A) How quickly can the team gel? OB, OL, D...how ready will they be opening day? B) How good are the Fins really? Are they ready to break out, or was the end-of-season winning streak just a fluke? C) How ready will the Bills be, and how much will the Patriots overlook the Bills in the opener?

PTR
          Good post!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot

PTR
            you're kidding yourself. We have an outside shot at 7-9 but even that would be a major accomplishment this year.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meister
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by biggabes21
              The savior, Dante Culppeper, in his games last year against teams with a winning record (TB, CIN, ATL, CHI, CAR) was 0-5 with 12 INT and 1 TD. Oh, did I mention he is still recovering from tearing every ligament in his right knee?

The popular misconception of the uneducated fanbase and the media is that Daunte is going to be asked to be a savior in Miami. If Daunte plays as well as he did during his worst season of his career, the phins will have a better QB.

The hope is that with a far better Oline, running game, and recievers, he can turn in a better performance.

Their secondary was clearly the weak link last year, and they did not do much to improve it. Their first round draft pci, Jason Allen just had knee surgery and may miss time.
              He just had knee surgery? Allen was fully recovered and cleared 3 months ago....he wont be missing any time. Whether the secondary is improved is another question. Who knows. It was changed....improved in speed and size.

Zach Thomas is great, but the other two starting LBs are Channing Crowder and Donnie Spragin.
              Assuming the phins go more to a 3-4 defense, the starting backers will be Crowder, ???, Thomas, Taylor. The WLB hasnt been determined yet. Personally I think Newman has the edge in the competition, but Spragan or Hodge could win the job.

Lastly, no Ricky Williams means that Ronnie Brown will have to carry a full load this year. I really like him as a player, but I don’t know if he is ready for that. His counterpart at Auburn, Cadillac Williams was forced into that role last year, a year where he spent most of his time on the bench with injuries.
              He did? I dont know which cadillac you were watching but the one I saw was out only 2 games and racked up 290 carries. If Ronnie is asked to carry a load like that I would be worried. Backup RB is still an area of concern in Miami.

I really fail to see how this team got any better. People assuming that the dolphins’ defense is "always solid" may be in for a surprise this year, because it is not that good. Sure, they have some offensive weapons, but will how will they work as a group? To me, Miami is another team that has regressed this off-season.
              I assume by "not that good" you mean in the bottom half of the league. Even the most biased Bills fan cant deny the talent Miami possesses in its front 7. If they dont get better under the instruction of Capers then it will be a suprise. Saban is the secondary coach so its up to him to fix that. I'm certainly not sold on a secondary of the Allens, Daniels, and Hill, but the fact that they are all his players gives a phin's fan confidence. Saban hasnt shown anything yet in his career to doubt his ability to coach a defensive backfield.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

there' goes Op again. He groans at posts that don't agree with his sky is falling way of thinking even though what was said is POSSIBLE but not likely to happen.

What's your bills record prediction for the season again OP?
                sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  there' goes Op again. He groans at posts that don't agree with his sky is falling way of thinking even though what was said is POSSIBLE but not likely to happen.

What's your bills record prediction for the season again OP?
                  if it's not likely to happen why bother mentioning it? 16-0 is also technically possible.

my best guess is that the Bills will be in the 5-7 win range. I'm sure that won't be specific enough for you, so I'll go with 6-10.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    if it's not likely to happen why bother mentioning it? 16-0 is also technically possible.

my best guess is that the Bills will be in the 5-7 win range. I'm sure that won't be specific enough for you, so I'll go with 6-10.
                    Because 16-0 is impossible. 7-9 isn't even you agree it's possible helloo!!!!!!! You should groan at your own posts too.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Because 16-0 is impossible. 7-9 isn't even you agree it's possible helloo!!!!!!! You should groan at your own posts too.
                      your initial premise is false- he said the Bills could be 9-7 if the following things happen- he never said it wasn't likely to happen- you put those words in his mouth.

What is wrong with me agreeing that 7-9 is possible but still thinking we won't be 9-7? Seems perfectly consistent to me.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        your initial premise is false- he said the Bills could be 9-7 if the following things happen- he never said it wasn't likely to happen- you put those words in his mouth.

What is wrong with me agreeing that 7-9 is possible but still thinking we won't be 9-7? Seems perfectly consistent to me.
                        You're telling me that if the If's he posted happens we can't go 9-7? Whatever. You're still trying to make every poster miserable like yourself about the bills even though you said you were done.

You've already said you don't want to give the bills the benefit of the doubt anymore , so why keep coming back ? Why don't you come back when the bills start winning like every fairweathered fan? It's getting pathetic when you say you're done and yet you're not.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Another thing I like about the Dolphins this year is that if Culpepper isn't ready to go, they will probably have Joey Harrington at QB. As a Bills' fan, you've got to love that.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

You're telling me that if the If's he posted happens we can't go 9-7? Whatever. You're still trying to make every poster miserable like yourself about the bills even though you said you were done.

You've already said you don't want to give the bills the benefit of the doubt anymore , so why keep coming back ? Why don't you come back when the bills start winning like every fairweathered fan? It's getting pathetic when you say you're done and yet you're not.
                            yeah, it's harder to avoid getting sucked in then I thought it would be.

Sorry that unlike you, I actually care enough about this team to get mad when they lose.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Not every fan is a faireweathered fan because they're frustrated over the losing, and dont think the team will do much this year.

You guys are talking 7-9 wins.. Personally, I think they'll be LUCKY to win five games.. Yet I like the direction the team is heading in.. Does that make me a fair weathered fan?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X