PDA

View Full Version : Again, Why Can't the bills win the East?

BigGabes23
07-26-2006, 12:49 PM
The popular theory for uneducated football fans, and the media (just uneducated), is that since the Dolphins won their last six games, and that they made a move to get Dante Culpepper, they will be an instant power. Here are my feelings:
Does this six game winning streak remind you of anything? If you said the 2004 Buffalo Bills, you would be correct. The fish ran off these victories against Oakland, Buffalo, SD, Jets, Titans, and a pointless game against NE.
The savior, Dante Culppeper, in his games last year against teams with a winning record (TB, CIN, ATL, CHI, CAR) was 0-5 with 12 INT and 1 TD. Oh, did I mention he is still recovering from tearing every ligament in his right knee?
Their secondary was clearly the weak link last year, and they did not do much to improve it. Their first round draft pci, Jason Allen just had knee surgery and may miss time. Zach Thomas is great, but the other two starting LBs are Channing Crowder and Donnie Spragin. Lastly, no Ricky Williams means that Ronnie Brown will have to carry a full load this year. I really like him as a player, but I don’t know if he is ready for that. His counterpart at Auburn, Cadillac Williams was forced into that role last year, a year where he spent most of his time on the bench with injuries.
I really fail to see how this team got any better. People assuming that the dolphins’ defense is "always solid" may be in for a surprise this year, because it is not that good. Sure, they have some offensive weapons, but will how will they work as a group? To me, Miami is another team that has regressed this off-season.

OpIv37
07-26-2006, 12:58 PM
That's all well and good, except it has nothing to do with the fact that the Bills still have a lot of holes. It doesn't matter what the Fish or the Pats do if the Bills can't win on Sunday themselves.

Given the shaky OL and DL situation, no stability at QB, new coaches and systems on both sides of the ball, a #1 WR who's never been a #1 WR and no true #2 WR, best defensive player coming off a very serious injury, lack of depth at numerous positions, an RB who hasn't committed himself to anything except money yet, etc, the Bills won't be doing much winning this year.

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Can't disagree that things can happen. But ON PAPER the fins have gotten better. ON PAPER both the bills and Jets are rebuilding. Pats are still the team to beat.

PromoTheRobot
07-26-2006, 12:59 PM
The Bills schedule is very easy. I think they can be 9-7. How far the Bills go depends on: A) How quickly can the team gel? OB, OL, D...how ready will they be opening day? B) How good are the Fins really? Are they ready to break out, or was the end-of-season winning streak just a fluke? C) How ready will the Bills be, and how much will the Patriots overlook the Bills in the opener?

PTR

Michael82
07-26-2006, 01:00 PM
The Bills schedule is very easy. I think they can be 9-7. How far the Bills go depends on: A) How quickly can the team gel? OB, OL, D...how ready will they be opening day? B) How good are the Fins really? Are they ready to break out, or was the end-of-season winning streak just a fluke? C) How ready will the Bills be, and how much will the Patriots overlook the Bills in the opener?

PTR
Good post! :bf1:

OpIv37
07-26-2006, 01:05 PM

PTR

you're kidding yourself. We have an outside shot at 7-9 but even that would be a major accomplishment this year.

Meister
07-26-2006, 01:32 PM
The savior, Dante Culppeper, in his games last year against teams with a winning record (TB, CIN, ATL, CHI, CAR) was 0-5 with 12 INT and 1 TD. Oh, did I mention he is still recovering from tearing every ligament in his right knee?

The popular misconception of the uneducated fanbase and the media is that Daunte is going to be asked to be a savior in Miami. If Daunte plays as well as he did during his worst season of his career, the phins will have a better QB.

The hope is that with a far better Oline, running game, and recievers, he can turn in a better performance.

Their secondary was clearly the weak link last year, and they did not do much to improve it. Their first round draft pci, Jason Allen just had knee surgery and may miss time.

He just had knee surgery? Allen was fully recovered and cleared 3 months ago....he wont be missing any time. Whether the secondary is improved is another question. Who knows. It was changed....improved in speed and size.

Zach Thomas is great, but the other two starting LBs are Channing Crowder and Donnie Spragin.

Assuming the phins go more to a 3-4 defense, the starting backers will be Crowder, ???, Thomas, Taylor. The WLB hasnt been determined yet. Personally I think Newman has the edge in the competition, but Spragan or Hodge could win the job.

Lastly, no Ricky Williams means that Ronnie Brown will have to carry a full load this year. I really like him as a player, but I don’t know if he is ready for that. His counterpart at Auburn, Cadillac Williams was forced into that role last year, a year where he spent most of his time on the bench with injuries.

He did? I dont know which cadillac you were watching but the one I saw was out only 2 games and racked up 290 carries. If Ronnie is asked to carry a load like that I would be worried. Backup RB is still an area of concern in Miami.

I really fail to see how this team got any better. People assuming that the dolphins’ defense is "always solid" may be in for a surprise this year, because it is not that good. Sure, they have some offensive weapons, but will how will they work as a group? To me, Miami is another team that has regressed this off-season.

I assume by "not that good" you mean in the bottom half of the league. Even the most biased Bills fan cant deny the talent Miami possesses in its front 7. If they dont get better under the instruction of Capers then it will be a suprise. Saban is the secondary coach so its up to him to fix that. I'm certainly not sold on a secondary of the Allens, Daniels, and Hill, but the fact that they are all his players gives a phin's fan confidence. Saban hasnt shown anything yet in his career to doubt his ability to coach a defensive backfield.

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 01:33 PM
there' goes Op again. He groans at posts that don't agree with his sky is falling way of thinking even though what was said is POSSIBLE but not likely to happen.

What's your bills record prediction for the season again OP?

OpIv37
07-26-2006, 01:39 PM
there' goes Op again. He groans at posts that don't agree with his sky is falling way of thinking even though what was said is POSSIBLE but not likely to happen.

What's your bills record prediction for the season again OP?

if it's not likely to happen why bother mentioning it? 16-0 is also technically possible.

my best guess is that the Bills will be in the 5-7 win range. I'm sure that won't be specific enough for you, so I'll go with 6-10.

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 01:43 PM
if it's not likely to happen why bother mentioning it? 16-0 is also technically possible.

my best guess is that the Bills will be in the 5-7 win range. I'm sure that won't be specific enough for you, so I'll go with 6-10.Because 16-0 is impossible. 7-9 isn't even you agree it's possible helloo!!!!!!! You should groan at your own posts too.

OpIv37
07-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Because 16-0 is impossible. 7-9 isn't even you agree it's possible helloo!!!!!!! You should groan at your own posts too.

your initial premise is false- he said the Bills could be 9-7 if the following things happen- he never said it wasn't likely to happen- you put those words in his mouth.

What is wrong with me agreeing that 7-9 is possible but still thinking we won't be 9-7? Seems perfectly consistent to me.

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 02:00 PM
your initial premise is false- he said the Bills could be 9-7 if the following things happen- he never said it wasn't likely to happen- you put those words in his mouth.

What is wrong with me agreeing that 7-9 is possible but still thinking we won't be 9-7? Seems perfectly consistent to me. You're telling me that if the If's he posted happens we can't go 9-7? Whatever. You're still trying to make every poster miserable like yourself about the bills even though you said you were done.

You've already said you don't want to give the bills the benefit of the doubt anymore , so why keep coming back ? Why don't you come back when the bills start winning like every fairweathered fan? It's getting pathetic when you say you're done and yet you're not.

Jan Reimers
07-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Another thing I like about the Dolphins this year is that if Culpepper isn't ready to go, they will probably have Joey Harrington at QB. As a Bills' fan, you've got to love that.

OpIv37
07-26-2006, 02:38 PM
You're telling me that if the If's he posted happens we can't go 9-7? Whatever. You're still trying to make every poster miserable like yourself about the bills even though you said you were done.

You've already said you don't want to give the bills the benefit of the doubt anymore , so why keep coming back ? Why don't you come back when the bills start winning like every fairweathered fan? It's getting pathetic when you say you're done and yet you're not.

yeah, it's harder to avoid getting sucked in then I thought it would be.

Sorry that unlike you, I actually care enough about this team to get mad when they lose.

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 02:53 PM
You're telling me that if the If's he posted happens we can't go 9-7? Whatever. You're still trying to make every poster miserable like yourself about the bills even though you said you were done.

Not every fan is a faireweathered fan because they're frustrated over the losing, and dont think the team will do much this year.

You guys are talking 7-9 wins.. Personally, I think they'll be LUCKY to win five games.. Yet I like the direction the team is heading in.. Does that make me a fair weathered fan?

Jan Reimers
07-26-2006, 03:05 PM
yeah, it's harder to avoid getting sucked in then I thought it would be.

Sorry that unlike you, I actually care enough about this team to get mad when they lose.
Op, I also get mad as hell when they lose. But they haven't yet lost a game this season.

OpIv37
07-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Op, I also get mad as hell when they lose. But they haven't yet lost a game this season.

Oh, but they will. You can't honestly tell me that you can look at this team on paper and get a good feeling about this upcoming season.

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Not every fan is a faireweathered fan because they're frustrated over the losing, and dont think the team will do much this year. I don't have a rpoblem with that. Problem is, OP talks like his opinion is fact by continously shooting down any post that doesn't say "the bills SUCK". Yes, when you gather OP's posts, thats what it boils down to and he keeps repeating it. It's almost like he insists we SUCK and hopes we will so he can say I told you so. He'l say "i hope I'm wrong" but the next 2,00000 posts are "the bills suck.we're doomed" :coocoo:

You guys are talking 7-9 wins.. Personally, I think they'll be LUCKY to win five games.. Yet I like the direction the team is heading in.. Does that make me a fair weathered fan? . PAt, I'm on the same boat as you. I've stated that several times. But I will not shoot down any possibility that the bills can surprise. Nothing is known about the bills even you admit that. So when someone says we can go 9-7 if a lot of IF's fall into place, how is that wrong too?

BTW I am willing to bet you that the bills will win 5 games? You in?

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Op, I also get mad as hell when they lose. But they haven't yet lost a game this season.In OP's brain, the bills shouldn't even bother fielding a team.

Mr. Pink
07-26-2006, 03:10 PM

nor have they won a game yet.

I share Pats' sentiments, I like the team, like the direction of the franchise HOWEVER it's not gonna happen overnight. We're not gonna go from a 5-11 franchise with HUGE turnover to playoff contender in one offseason.

We'll be lucky to pull off 5 wins this year.

And yes, on paper, we're worse now then we were last year at this time. Considering last year at this time, most people around here-buffalo in general, were thinking playoffs.

OpIv37
07-26-2006, 03:11 PM
I don't have a rpoblem with that. Problem is, OP talks like his opinion is fact by continously shooting down any post that doesn't say "the bills SUCK". Yes, when you gather OP's posts, thats what it boils down to and he keeps repeating it. It's almost like he insists we SUCK and hopes we will so he can say I told you so. He'l say "i hope I'm wrong" but the next 2,00000 posts are "the bills suck.we're doomed" :coocoo:

PAt, I'm on the same boat as you. I've stated that several times. But I will not shoot down any possibility that the bills can surprise. Nothing is known about the bills even you admit that. So when someone says we can go 9-7 if a lot of IF's fall into place, how is that wrong too?

BTW I am willing to bet you that the bills will win 5 games? You in?

I've already said a million times that I hope I'm wrong and that I didn't come back and say "I told you so" last year because being right is little consolation when the Bills suck.

I honestly believe that I'm right, and for some reason that I can't explain, I feel the need to make others understand why I'm right.

But if the only way for you people to enjoy football is to bury your heads in the sand, then fine- I can't stop anyone from being ignorant.

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 03:16 PM
I've already said a million times that I hope I'm wrong and that I didn't come back and say "I told you so" last year because being right is little consolation when the Bills suck.

I honestly believe that I'm right, and for some reason that I can't explain, I feel the need to make others understand why I'm right..what you feel is NOT FACT.

But if the only way for you people to enjoy football is to bury your heads in the sand, then fine- I can't stop anyone from being ignorant.Ignorant? You're as ignorant as anyone here. There are no facts to support anything you say yet you dissmiss anything anyone who doesn't say "THE BILLS SUCK".

I can't stop you everytime you say "THE BILLS SUCK".

madness
07-26-2006, 03:20 PM
This just in...

Out of the 32 teams in the NFL, the Bills are the only ones with holes. This is the obvious #1 reason why they will finish last in the league.

In other news: 31 nfl teams capture supposed hole digger.

OpIv37
07-26-2006, 03:23 PM
what you feel is NOT FACT.

but it's based on fact, unlike the people predicting a good season, which is based on "if's"

OpIv37
07-26-2006, 03:24 PM
This just in...

Out of the 32 teams in the NFL, the Bills are the only ones with holes. This is the obvious #1 reason why they will finish last in the league.

In other news: 31 nfl teams capture supposed hole digger.

the fact that other teams have holes does not make the Bills any better. I've said the Jets, the 49ers, the Titans and possibly the Lions and the Texans are worse than us.

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 03:24 PM
nor have they won a game yet.

I share Pats' sentiments, I like the team, like the direction of the franchise HOWEVER it's not gonna happen overnight. We're not gonna go from a 5-11 franchise with HUGE turnover to playoff contender in one offseason.

We'll be lucky to pull off 5 wins this year.

And yes, on paper, we're worse now then we were last year at this time. Considering last year at this time, most people around here-buffalo in general, were thinking playoffs.

I dont even think its because of all the roster turnover, I think its because of the KIND of roster turnover that's going to prevent them from winning this season, and I'll give you a perfect example of this and WHY I think that BOTH the Bills will suck this year BUT are headed in the right direction and may even be better off than some newer contenders.

I'll take the Cleveland Browns. They signed a ton of free agents just like the Bills. The difference is they signed proven winners. Willie McGinest and Joe Jerevicous bring experience and Super Bowl rings to their unit. Even though he has no ring, Ted Washington brings experience (and some ability left) to the defense. Then they go out and sign LeCharles Bentley, undisputably the best center on the market, and Kevin Schaffer, arguably the best tackle on the market. Now those guys aren't nearing their prime, they are IN their prime. FOr those reasons, with all the turnover I think Cleveland can be a contender this year.

However, they payed A LOT of money for that new OL, and they paid out some bucks to guys who wont be around long in McGinest, Joe J and Washington. They are short-term fixes, not long term players. So if your a Browns fan, you want to make that run in the next 1-2 years.

Now Buffalo is the total opposite. They signed a ton of players, mainly much more inexpensive and in a lot of cases, younger but with more upside. Guys like Larry Tripplett, Robert Royal, Tutan Reyes, Andre Davis and Mevlin Folwer are going to make nowwhere near the impact a McGinest or Joe J. will in 2006. However they are for the most part YOUNG and in some cases a bit raw. With good coaching ( I hear Jauron is a good teacher) over the next couple of years they will blossom into better players and hit their prime.

So I think Buffalo is really going to suck this year.. Im talking in the running for the top draft pick kind of sucking.. BUT, I'm not down on the team by any means. I enter this knowing FULLY that this is an all out rebuilding project... IF these guys get better as the year goes on, coupled with a SOLID offseason next season (similar to what the Browns did this year), another good draft and by 2007 I EXPECT the Bills to be a good football team.

Of course, anything can happen during a football season.. I just wouldn't count on it happening this year.

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 03:25 PM
but it's based on fact, unlike the people predicting a good season, which is based on "if's"based on fact's. Where are they. Show me the FACTS. I Dare you.

OpIv37
07-26-2006, 03:28 PM
based on fact's. Where are they. Show me the FACTS. I Dare you.

Fact: the Bills DL stunk last year. We all agree on that
Fact: They only added one proven starter (Tripplett) and they lost a proven starter (Adams).

Fact: The Bills don't know who the starting QB will be, and both potential starting QB's showed significant weakness last year

Fact: The Bills are instituting new systems on both sides of the ball. It takes time for players to learn new systems and execute properly within them.

Fact: The Bills will have 2-3 new starters on the OL. Successful OL's have historically been ones that are together for a long time.

Fact: TKO is coming off an injury that will most likely slow him down.

Need any more facts? Or can I stop there?

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Fact: They only added one proven starter (Tripplett) and they lost a proven starter (Adams).

Fact: The Bills don't know who the starting QB will be, and both potential starting QB's showed significant weakness last year

Fact: The Bills are instituting new systems on both sides of the ball. It takes time for players to learn new systems and execute properly within them.

Fact: The Bills will have 2-3 new starters on the OL. Successful OL's have historically been ones that are together for a long time.

Need any more facts? Or can I stop there?Op, last years facts isn't what I'm looking for . I'm looking for this years facts. Nothing you said has had any result yet. So there are no facts. Stop acting like your so called "FEELING" is fact. Stay away from beans.

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 03:34 PM
I dont even think its because of all the roster turnover, I think its because of the KIND of roster turnover that's going to prevent them from winning this season, and I'll give you a perfect example of this and WHY I think that BOTH the Bills will suck this year BUT are headed in the right direction and may even be better off than some newer contenders.

I'll take the Cleveland Browns. They signed a ton of free agents just like the Bills. The difference is they signed proven winners. Willie McGinest and Joe Jerevicous bring experience and Super Bowl rings to their unit. Even though he has no ring, Ted Washington brings experience (and some ability left) to the defense. Then they go out and sign LeCharles Bentley, undisputably the best center on the market, and Kevin Schaffer, arguably the best tackle on the market. Now those guys aren't nearing their prime, they are IN their prime. FOr those reasons, with all the turnover I think Cleveland can be a contender this year.

However, they payed A LOT of money for that new OL, and they paid out some bucks to guys who wont be around long in McGinest, Joe J and Washington. They are short-term fixes, not long term players. So if your a Browns fan, you want to make that run in the next 1-2 years.

Now Buffalo is the total opposite. They signed a ton of players, mainly much more inexpensive and in a lot of cases, younger but with more upside. Guys like Larry Tripplett, Robert Royal, Tutan Reyes, Andre Davis and Mevlin Folwer are going to make nowwhere near the impact a McGinest or Joe J. will in 2006. However they are for the most part YOUNG and in some cases a bit raw. With good coaching ( I hear Jauron is a good teacher) over the next couple of years they will blossom into better players and hit their prime.

So I think Buffalo is really going to suck this year.. Im talking in the running for the top draft pick kind of sucking.. BUT, I'm not down on the team by any means. I enter this knowing FULLY that this is an all out rebuilding project... IF these guys get better as the year goes on, coupled with a SOLID offseason next season (similar to what the Browns did this year), another good draft and by 2007 I EXPECT the Bills to be a good football team.

Of course, anything can happen during a football season.. I just wouldn't count on it happening this year.
Yo! You taking my bet or what?

PS - I'll see your groan and raise you a neg

OpIv37
07-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Op, last years facts isn't what I'm looking for . I'm looking for this years facts. Nothing you said has had any result yet. So there are no facts. Stop acting like your so called "FEELING" is fact. Stay away from beans.

I don't know what your problem is- all those facts apply to the upcoming season. A DL that sucked last year isn't going to be magically better this year because of one addition. No team in the history of the NFL has ever installed a new offense or defense without an adjustment period. There's no "feeling" involved- this is the reality.

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Yo! You taking my bet or what?

PS - I'll see your groan and raise you a neg
I wont take the bet because then I'd be taking satisfaction out of the Bills losing..

I wouldnt bet against the Bills with a bookie if they were on the road at Carolina and favored by a Touchdown. Unconciously if I did i'd have a little satisfaction in them losing.

I WILL However bet you that JP Losman isnt the starter on opening day, we can throw down some ZB's on that

FlyingDutchman
07-26-2006, 03:44 PM

Need any more facts? Or can I stop there?

ya see, its all how you look at it. some people see all this as a positive, while you obviously see it as a negative.

The D line stunk. So the Bills went and got fast, young motors who want to play instead of fat slow veterans who take plays off.

We dont know who the QB will be. Last year we did, thats why a lot of veterans did not like JP. Maybe this is a positive bc its pushing these guys to play better and earn respect as well. I see this as a positive over last year.

The bills are installing a new system and it will take time. Did you see the Bills system last year? Let me refresh...offense-Run Willis right, run Willis left, short pass to Josh Reed, Punt. Defense- Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, give up huge play. I for one, welcome a new system.

The Bills have 2-3 new starters on Oline. Once again, I see as a positive. We now have Peters with some experience and Andersons fat ass is gone.

TKO is coming back from an injury. At least we have him this year. Hopefully he'll be 100%, but just having him is huge.

Its all how you view things, "Facts" become opinions really quick.

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 03:46 PM
I gotta give it up..
Good post WIllis.

OpIv37
07-26-2006, 03:56 PM
ya see, its all how you look at it. some people see all this as a positive, while you obviously see it as a negative.

The D line stunk. So the Bills went and got fast, young motors who want to play instead of fat slow veterans who take plays off.

We dont know who the QB will be. Last year we did, thats why a lot of veterans did not like JP. Maybe this is a positive bc its pushing these guys to play better and earn respect as well. I see this as a positive over last year.

The bills are installing a new system and it will take time. Did you see the Bills system last year? Let me refresh...offense-Run Willis right, run Willis left, short pass to Josh Reed, Punt. Defense- Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, give up huge play. I for one, welcome a new system.

The Bills have 2-3 new starters on Oline. Once again, I see as a positive. We now have Peters with some experience and Andersons fat ass is gone.

TKO is coming back from an injury. At least we have him this year. Hopefully he'll be 100%, but just having him is huge.

You might be right

The OL, the new systems, the DL, the QB, they all had to be changed and in the long run, it's what had to be done.

But as far as helping us win in the short run, it ain't going to happen. All of those pieces take time to fall into place.

So even if all those things are positive, it doesn't do much for the '06 Bills.

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 04:11 PM
I wont take the bet because then I'd be taking satisfaction out of the Bills losing..

I wouldnt bet against the Bills with a bookie if they were on the road at Carolina and favored by a Touchdown. Unconciously if I did i'd have a little satisfaction in them losing.

I WILL However bet you that JP Losman isnt the starter on opening day, we can throw down some ZB's on thatNa, it's not your loyalty as a fan that I am challenging. I know you bleed red white and blue. Youre a so called media expert. Let's see how good you are.

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 04:14 PM
You might be right

The OL, the new systems, the DL, the QB, they all had to be changed and in the long run, it's what had to be done.

But as far as helping us win in the short run, it ain't going to happen. All of those pieces take time to fall into place.

So even if all those things are positive, it doesn't do much for the '06 Bills.OP, I see nothing wrong with you thinking the bills won't be good this year. I've told you we're not far from each others prediction. It's your consistent "the bills suck there's NO POSSIBILTY, they can surprise here and there" that get's old. This wasn't a homer thread to begin with. The first posts shows that if there are a lot of if's for the bills to make the playoffs. "IF" they happen. Maybe one or 2 If's (more than what was stated) can happen and yet you insist they won't.

John Doe
07-26-2006, 05:16 PM

Great post!

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 05:19 PM
I don't know what your problem is- all those facts apply to the upcoming season. A DL that sucked last year isn't going to be magically better this year because of one addition. No team in the history of the NFL has ever installed a new offense or defense without an adjustment period. There's no "feeling" involved- this is the reality.Nope. Different staff and different players will have different results good or bad . Tell me what the results are ,good and bad

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 05:22 PM

.I know it takes time. But so far you've shot down anything positive that is said arround here as if NOTHING right can happen this season.

HHURRICANE
07-26-2006, 08:30 PM
That's all well and good, except it has nothing to do with the fact that the Bills still have a lot of holes. It doesn't matter what the Fish or the Pats do if the Bills can't win on Sunday themselves.

Given the shaky OL and DL situation, no stability at QB, new coaches and systems on both sides of the ball, a #1 WR who's never been a #1 WR and no true #2 WR, best defensive player coming off a very serious injury, lack of depth at numerous positions, an RB who hasn't committed himself to anything except money yet, etc, the Bills won't be doing much winning this year.

Check mate.

!Papacrunk!
07-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Did the 6 game winning season get them into the playoffs? BIG NOPE on that one. The media is one that has attached themselves to the 6 game winning streak and having that relate to any kind of success leading into this year. Just like Saban wouldn't let them get caught up in losing 12 games the season before, he won't let them get caught up in a 6 game winning streak that didn't equal any postseason success. I say this time and time again, the Dolphins are still rebuilding. Last year was year one--I'd like to say that 1st year was reinstalling a winning tradition, and playing through and dealing with adversity. No matter what the score was, Saban demanded that his best players play at full throtle and give their total heart and intensity in every game. A lot of Miami's points came in the 4th quarter. As much as you guys wouldn't want to be reminded of this, but that last game against the Bills was the biggest example of a team dealing with adversity. With the starting QB down, and even a very late 4th QT INT, the team battled back to win the game in the final moments. Also, a good chunk of Miami's losses were 10 points or less. So even though the 6 game winning streak has been buzzed about in the media, it won't have anything to do with this season. I just can't wait what Saban and co. will bring with year two of the rebuilding plan.

madness
07-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by OpIv37

The Dolphins had the same kind of questions last year. How'd they end up doing?

OpIv37
07-27-2006, 10:36 AM
[I]

The Dolphins had the same kind of questions last year. How'd they end up doing?

Once again, this year's Bills are not last year's Dolphins. What some other team did with some other players and some other coaches in some other season has nothing to do with the 06 Bills.

feelthepain
07-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Once again, this year's Bills are not last year's Dolphins. What some other team did with some other players and some other coaches in some other season has nothing to do with the 06 Bills.

Exactly right, but every other Bills fan thinks because the Bills had a bad season following the (9-7) 04 season they think the Fins will suffer the same fate. Kinda ridiculous thinking isn't it?? I just laugh when I read how the Fins will have the same results as the Bills, just because some Bill fans hope it happens, not because it will happen.

justasportsfan
07-27-2006, 11:17 AM
this years bills is not last years bills either. Different coaches, GM, and new players.

OpIv37
07-27-2006, 12:40 PM
this years bills is not last years bills either. Different coaches, GM, and new players.

your point being? This team is still full of holes and question marks- some the same as last year, some brand spanking new. Different isn't necessarily better.