PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Porter demands Trade

Lexwhat
07-26-2006, 02:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2530265

The wide receiver told The San Francisco Chronicle that he has asked the team to trade him.

"Yes. Absolutely. I've told them that," Porter told the newspaper. The 2000 second round pick has caught 239 passes in his six NFL seasons for 3,215 yards and has scored 24 touchdowns.

Porter told the newspaper that his agent told him that the Raiders have asked for two No. 1 picks in return for him in any deal. "Why ... would you ask for a No. 1 for me, or ask for two No. 1s for me, when I wasn't even a No. 1?," he told the newspaper...

The culture is changing," Shell told the Chronicle, "and everybody has been on board and trying to get involved in the process of winning football games, and getting in here, working. You can't have inmates running the asylum.

"That's not gonna be. Not under me, and 99.9 percent of the players here feel that way. They want direction. We're going to give them direction. And I'm not going to back down off of that.

"A couple of the inmates have been trying to run the doggone culture around here. They've been running the program. And that's not gonna be anymore. I'm the head coach. I'm the guy in charge."

Lexwhat
07-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Two 1st round picks is a heavy price. I would trade them a 2nd rounder for Jerry Porter. You think any team will give up a 1st rounder for Porter?

FlyingDutchman
07-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Two first rounders is rediculous. Ive heard of starting high, but come on.

DraftBoy
07-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Id take him for a 3rd

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Two 1st round picks is a heavy price. I would trade them a 2nd rounder for Jerry Porter. You think any team will give up a 1st rounder for Porter?

I wouldnt give up a second rounder... Buffalo is likely to have one of the first picks of the second round, a WR isnt of THAT much value when we have Lee Evans.

3rd possibly (probably in fact), 4th absolutely.

SquishDaFish
07-26-2006, 04:21 PM
1st pick my arse. Pat sometimes your unreal. We are not going to be the worst team in football and ill put money on it.

Jan Reimers
07-26-2006, 05:56 PM
The guy has averaged 40 catches per year. He is far from an elite WR. And some of us are willing to trade a high pick for him and throw Reed and Price under the bus?

Clearly a case of the grass is always greener. . .

YardRat
07-26-2006, 07:10 PM
From Shell's comments, it doesn't appear he would fit in under Levy.

Bill Cody
07-26-2006, 10:07 PM
An overrated malcontent with alligator arms and butter fingers? Didn't we just get RID of that guy?:shocked:

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 10:11 PM
The guy has averaged 40 catches per year. He is far from an elite WR. And some of us are willing to trade a high pick for him and throw Reed and Price under the bus?

Clearly a case of the grass is always greener. . .
Really good point,though I dont totally agree..
He's also been stuck behind Tim Brown and now Randy Moss.

But you're right, a high pick is too much for yet another WR.. If we're gonna trade a high pick, let it be for a DL

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 10:12 PM
An overrated malcontent with alligator arms and butter fingers? Didn't we just get RID of that guy?:shocked:
ya, he was a free agent..........and we resigned him and gave him $10 million, his name is Rump Reed.

YardRat
07-26-2006, 10:24 PM
I don't think Josh Reed qualifies as an over-rated malcontent.

The JuiceBox Guy
07-26-2006, 10:27 PM
I'll trade for Porter if he can play defensive end

jamze132
07-27-2006, 06:09 AM
At least Porter is honest with himself and agrees that a 1st rounder is too much for him. I am not sure if he would improve out team or not though.

Bill Cody
07-27-2006, 02:12 PM
I don't think Josh Reed qualifies as an over-rated malcontent.

No, but "I want to play for a winner so let me go to Houston" Moulds does.

patmoran2006
07-27-2006, 02:20 PM
At least Porter is honest with himself and agrees that a 1st rounder is too much for him. I am not sure if he would improve out team or not though.
he would improve the team, he's clearly an upgrade over Price or Reed.

But the cost probably isnt worth the investment in him.. Not when its DL help we covet the most.