PDA

View Full Version : What Players Must Excel On Defense?

justasportsfan
07-26-2006, 04:26 PM
The defense, much like the offense has a lot of improvements to make to get back to the top-two league ranking it enjoyed in 2003 and 2004. Every defense with a ranking that high has playmakers.

The main men in Buffalo's defense that have been playmakers before have to rise up and be playmakers again in defensive coordinator Perry Fewell's new scheme if the Bills are to stay in games this season.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3878

Night Train
07-26-2006, 04:55 PM
It's always the middle of the line. Triplett,Anderson,McCargo & Williams must produce.

Everything else falls like dominos off the middle of the line, good or bad.

EDS
07-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Agree that the middle of the d-line needs to get the job done but the defense also needs a playmaker. TKO used to be that, but there is a question as to whether he can return to his pre-injury form. If not TKO, I am not sure who steps into that role.

Jan Reimers
07-26-2006, 05:20 PM
I would like to see Kelsay, who has lost some weight to get quicker, step up and give us a big season.

YardRat
07-26-2006, 07:18 PM
We've got playmakers in Spikes, Fletcher, Clements and McGee. It would be nice to see Whitner added to the mix sooner rather than later.

None of them will make much happen without the line, though...that's where it needs to start.

alohabillsfan
07-26-2006, 07:30 PM
I do believe that all of them have to play well as a team for us to have any success period. If the SS is making the pro bowl because he leads the team in tackles we're screwed!

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Absolutey, without a doubt.. 100%
Takeo Spikes..

A dominating OLB can hide a lot of weaknesses

The JuiceBox Guy
07-26-2006, 10:28 PM
I'd like to see Nate Clements play like he did before last season

billsburgh
07-27-2006, 02:41 AM
It all starts with the front 4. We definately need better play from Kelsay and Anderson this year. We know what we have with Shoebel and Tripplett, but the other 2 need to step it up this year. After that, Clements needs to play better than he did last year. Hopefully the coaches wil stop playing him 10 yards off the receiver every play.

jamze132
07-27-2006, 04:03 AM
Football teams live and die with offensive and defensive lines. Without either one, you might find yourself in the Brady Quinn Sweepstakes Offer presented by Paul Tagliabue.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the lines are the most important parts of any team. Football games are won and lost in the trenches.