PDA

View Full Version : I have to say this..

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 09:06 PM
NObody else in the AFC East overly impresses me this year either. In my opinion, this is clearly the worst division in the AFC right now.

MIami looks great on paper and they do have a good, young coach. But they have a huge ? mark at QB and that defense is older than these socks I got on right now. They're OL is extremely overated (especially if its ranked 10th like I seen yesterday). Put it this way, they're the "cliche" pick this year, but I'm not sold on them. Their secondary doesnt inspire confidence either.

NE HAS to be on their way down, even with Brady. Losing McGinest and Adam V hurts a lot, and nobody talks about it, but losing Givens was no small loss either. Corey Dillon went from 28 years old to about 57 in less than two years and they have to rely on rookies on offense.

The Jets are.. The Jets- I dont even need to get into it.

If somehow.. We can get out the gate at 2-2, then I suppose ya never know.

The rest of the AFC is much better: Cleveland and Baltimore are teams looking up, and of course Indy and Denver will be there. The Jags quietly went 12-4 last year and they didnt get any worse, and with KC having some help on defense now, look out. If the Bengals have enough players who arent in jail and Palmer is back, they're explosive.

YardRat
07-26-2006, 09:50 PM
I think the Dolphins ? at QB is less of an issue this year than it was last year. I can't argue with the rest of the post.

Tatonka
07-26-2006, 10:03 PM
dont you ever shut up?

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 10:05 PM
dont you ever shut up?
Insightful, as always.

Tatonka
07-26-2006, 10:11 PM
and yours? wow.. it takes a real genius to pick us to be awful and to repeat the same ****ing thing over and over 100000 times a day.

we get your point.. all 2 of them.. so :stfu:

your posts are as worthless as those awful articles (i use that term liberally). at least in his own obnoxious way, wys had some insight.. you just have the obnoxious part. jesus.

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 10:15 PM
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Personal attacks.. You have as much maturity as the kid in your avatar..

My post are worthless, and yours are insightful.. I especially love the classics you pull off when you write about your radio call-in experiences..

And until you can and DO better, I won't be offended by "adults" like you

YardRat
07-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Give the guy a break, tonka...

That comment is almost 'homerish' for pat :D

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Give the guy a break, tonka...

That comment is almost 'homerish' for pat :D
Dont bother, he has no idea what he's talking about, as per the norm... He's just acting like his typical "tough guy" self.

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 10:24 PM
dont you ever shut up?
and as long as its not in TOS violation, i'll say WHATEVER I feel like saying as many times as I want to.. If you dont like it, F'N put me on ignore.

Most people on here agree/disagree and debate topics, you whine like a little school girl.. Grow up

The JuiceBox Guy
07-26-2006, 10:26 PM
2-2 is doable to start I think. We should beat the Jets at home, and between Minny, NE and Miami we can steal a game.

We might catch teams by surprise early because they have no idea what we're going to be doing.

jamze132
07-27-2006, 06:11 AM
I do have to admit, Pat is sounding like a homer in this thread. I like it.

Historian
07-27-2006, 06:23 AM
I agree with him. The Pats are in serious decline, and while Miami is the clearcut favorite, who knows what will happen with Mularkey running double reverse flea flickers on his opponents 1 yard line?

And I never discount the Jets because there's a lot of money behind that team.

Buffalo's had a big overhaul, but then again, have they?

Marv has been close to this team since he retired, calling their preseason games, and such. He's familliar with the personnel and talent. My guess is that he brought in the type of coach he knew could organize it into a competitive team the quickest....much like a role player that a team needs.

So, I'll stand by my 7 win prediction, but who knows?

I agree with Pat...this division is certainly up for grabs.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-27-2006, 07:00 AM
Pat, I dont see the fish qb questions as uncertian as you do. I think Culpepper is going to be great (unfortunatly)

Jan Reimers
07-27-2006, 07:02 AM
and yours? wow.. it takes a real genius to pick us to be awful and to repeat the same ****ing thing over and over 100000 times a day.

we get your point.. all 2 of them.. so :stfu:

your posts are as worthless as those awful articles (i use that term liberally). at least in his own obnoxious way, wys had some insight.. you just have the obnoxious part. jesus.
T, you've got to stop holding back, and tell Pat how you really feel.:dance:

But Pat is right on this one. The AFCE has, in just a few years, gone from being the best division in football to one of the worst. It will allow the Bills to be competitive that much sooner - if not this season, then probably in 2007.

jamze132
07-27-2006, 07:29 AM
I do think the Bills can win 7 games this year...at least. Like I have said in other posts, we are catching NE at the right time of the year. And our new scheme will be new to everyone in the division.

Just something to ponder.

patmoran2006
07-27-2006, 07:42 AM
Pat getting homeristic.. NO!

I still dont think this team is good this year, but what Im trying to say is this devision is the weakest I can remember in years and in that kind of division, anything can happen. Look what Chicago did last year in that bunk ass NFC North.

And if I'm a Miami fan I am a little worried about the QB position, at least for the first half of the year.. I think anyway, there are ? marks there, especially early on and if Miami isnt careful they can fall into an early hole.

I'm thinking we'll be facing Harrington in Week Two

R. Rich
07-27-2006, 07:46 AM
Until they kick off the season and we see what offseason moves worked and didn't work, every team has question marks going in.

Remember when everyone just knew the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were going to repeat?

Goobylal
07-27-2006, 07:56 AM
I agree Pat. The Patriots have taken a huge tumble with all of their coaching and player losses, and it looks like Deion Branch will be a hold-out as well. The Dolphins have bigger QB issues now than last year IMHO, because Culpepper is coming off a bad and injury-shortened season and isn't 100% yet (and won't be for months) and Harrington just sucks. And the Jets are rebuilding with a rookie head coach.

justasportsfan
07-27-2006, 08:38 AM
NObody else in the AFC East overly impresses me this year either. In my opinion, this is clearly the worst division in the AFC right now.

MIami looks great on paper and they do have a good, young coach. But they have a huge ? mark at QB and that defense is older than these socks I got on right now. They're OL is extremely overated (especially if its ranked 10th like I seen yesterday). Put it this way, they're the "cliche" pick this year, but I'm not sold on them. Their secondary doesnt inspire confidence either.

NE HAS to be on their way down, even with Brady. Losing McGinest and Adam V hurts a lot, and nobody talks about it, but losing Givens was no small loss either. Corey Dillon went from 28 years old to about 57 in less than two years and they have to rely on rookies on offense.

The Jets are.. The Jets- I dont even need to get into it.

The rest of the AFC is much better: Cleveland and Baltimore are teams looking up, and of course Indy and Denver will be there. The Jags quietly went 12-4 last year and they didnt get any worse, and with KC having some help on defense now, look out. If the Bengals have enough players who arent in jail and Palmer is back, they're explosive.

I still dont think this team is good this year, but what Im trying to say is this devision is the weakest I can remember in years and in that kind of division, anything can happen. Look what Chicago did last year in that bunk ass NFC North.

Wait a minute , now "anything can happen". You mean there are possibilities? Watch out. Op's gonna shoot down your possibilities. Wait a minute, we'rent you in cahoots(sp) w/ him in the other thread? Seems like you're changing your tune now.

Pat is a closet Homer.

Are you bi-polar too? :;

patmoran2006
07-27-2006, 09:16 AM
lol, I am not a homer.. and I'm also not a "realist".. that is a few of your guys label.

I am a FAN.. And this point is not getting across, I STILL dont think they're a good team (right now) BUT the more i Look at it, the less impressed I am with the entire division, which puts a lot of possibilities into play.

North_Coast
07-27-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm not convinced that the Pats have fallen off enough to lose more than 6 games, and Miami sure isn't as good as the media paints them. I don't see them winning more games than they did last year, and maybe even fewer.

I think the Bills might challenge the Carp for second place, especially if the oline is at least adequate and Losman as the starter does well. The offense should score some points which will make up for the D still having growing pains with the new D and having youngsters like Whitner and McCargo playing early.

I also think it's possible that the Bills could "steal" either the NE or Miami game. I expect them to beat the Jets in the home opener.

justasportsfan
07-27-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm not convinced that the Pats have fallen off enough to lose more than 6 games, and Miami sure isn't as good as the media paints them. I don't see them winning more games than they did last year, and maybe even fewer.

I think the Bills might challenge the Carp for second place, especially if the oline is at least adequate and Losman as the starter does well. The offense should score some points which will make up for the D still having growing pains with the new D and having youngsters like Whitner and McCargo playing early.

I also think it's possible that the Bills could "steal" either the NE or Miami game. I expect them to beat the Jets in the home opener.wow , a homer in just his 2nd post. That's gotta be a record.

How much zonebucks do you need for an avatar?

Welcome :up:

North_Coast
07-27-2006, 09:45 AM
wow , a homer in just his 2nd post. That's gotta be a record.

How much zonebucks do you need for an avatar?

Welcome :up:

A homer? C'mon, I'm not predicting play-offs. I'm not even predicting 8-8. I just see some possibilities on this team, particularly since I don't think the Carp will be nearly as good as so many think. Jeez, they've got Bennie Anderson pencilled in as starting right guard!

Last season -- actually the last few seasons -- the Bills haven't gotten the most out of their players, primarily because they kept trying to fit square pegs into round holes. I think Jauron and his staff will maximize talent because they've chosen or kept players who are likely to do better in their system.

When I come up with a good avatar, I'll put it up.

justasportsfan
07-27-2006, 09:51 AM
A homer? C'mon, I'm not predicting play-offs. I'm not even predicting 8-8. I just see some possibilities on this team, particularly since I don't think the Carp will be nearly as good as so many think. Jeez, they've got Bennie Anderson pencilled in as starting right guard!

Last season -- actually the last few seasons -- the Bills haven't gotten the most out of their players, primarily because they kept trying to fit square pegs into round holes. I think Jauron and his staff will maximize talent because they've chosen or kept players who are likely to do better in their system.

When I come up with a good avatar, I'll put it up.you said the word "possibility". You're a homer. :up:

North_Coast
07-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Oh, well, then I guess I'm proud to be a homer! :dance: