• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Agent suspended

In an era when sports is full of scandals, occasionally there's a story that warms your heart .....

NFLPA suspends agent Poston indefinitely

By John Clayton
    ESPN.com

The NFL Players Association notified the NFL that agent Carl Poston has been suspended indefinitely.

The league office officially informed 32 teams in a memo that Poston can't be involved in negotiations for any player, nor can he be an adviser on any deals. The term of the suspension was "until further notice." It was unclear why the union termed the suspension "until further notice" when the original length was two years.

Poston filed suit in U.S. District Court in New York claiming his two-year suspension should be overturned. Congress was also inquiring about the NFLPA's agent certification process and how it related to Poston.

An eight-member NFLPA disciplinary board recommended a suspension when it claimed Poston had been negligent in negotiating a contract for former Redskin LaVar Arrington. The union claimed Poston signed the contract without ensuring it had a $6.5 million bonus clause that had been agreed upon.

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Agent suspended

So what other players beside Arrington might be affected by this?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

I dunno, I'm just rejoicing that a scum agent got smacked down
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

He also had Ty Law
        Agent Carl Poston has been suspended by the NFL Players Association for two years.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Billsrock4life
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
          I dunno, I'm just rejoicing that a scum agent got smacked down
          thats always good next they need to get Terrell Owens old agent.........forgot his name

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
            Closet Bills Fan
            • Nov 2004

i wonder if that means that the ty law signing gets voided? or will they allow it and let bygones be bygones.......... anywho....... im glad they suspended him

j-e-t-s
            jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• jamze132
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83
              i wonder if that means that the ty law signing gets voided? or will they allow it and let bygones be bygones.......... anywho....... im glad they suspended him
              I doubt it will effect any players that had already signed through this guy.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Don't he and his brother also represent young Kellen (The Mad Motorcycle Man) Winslow?
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                  X