PDA

View Full Version : Agent suspended

Philagape
07-26-2006, 10:15 PM
In an era when sports is full of scandals, occasionally there's a story that warms your heart .....

NFLPA suspends agent Poston indefinitely
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

The NFL Players Association notified the NFL that agent Carl Poston has been suspended indefinitely.

The league office officially informed 32 teams in a memo that Poston can't be involved in negotiations for any player, nor can he be an adviser on any deals. The term of the suspension was "until further notice." It was unclear why the union termed the suspension "until further notice" when the original length was two years.

Poston filed suit in U.S. District Court in New York claiming his two-year suspension should be overturned. Congress was also inquiring about the NFLPA's agent certification process and how it related to Poston.

An eight-member NFLPA disciplinary board recommended a suspension when it claimed Poston had been negligent in negotiating a contract for former Redskin LaVar Arrington. The union claimed Poston signed the contract without ensuring it had a $6.5 million bonus clause that had been agreed upon.

:bf1:

YardRat
07-26-2006, 10:17 PM
So what other players beside Arrington might be affected by this?

Philagape
07-26-2006, 10:18 PM
I dunno, I'm just rejoicing that a scum agent got smacked down :D

Philagape
07-26-2006, 10:19 PM
He also had Ty Law
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2530936

Billsrock4life
07-26-2006, 10:26 PM
I dunno, I'm just rejoicing that a scum agent got smacked down :D

thats always good next they need to get Terrell Owens old agent.........forgot his name

CuseJetsFan83
07-27-2006, 12:11 AM
i wonder if that means that the ty law signing gets voided? or will they allow it and let bygones be bygones.......... anywho....... im glad they suspended him

jamze132
07-27-2006, 04:20 AM
i wonder if that means that the ty law signing gets voided? or will they allow it and let bygones be bygones.......... anywho....... im glad they suspended him
I doubt it will effect any players that had already signed through this guy.

Michael82
07-27-2006, 08:10 AM
:lmao:

Jan Reimers
07-27-2006, 08:53 AM
Don't he and his brother also represent young Kellen (The Mad Motorcycle Man) Winslow?