PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Best Play of All-Time

YardRat
07-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Stratton's hit on Lincoln in the AFL Championship Game? Kelly's final-play lunge for a TD to beat Miami? How about Beebe chasing down Lett to prevent the touchdown in the Super Bowl?

What is your favorite single Bills' play of all time?

patmoran2006
07-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Pittsburgh playoff game.. Even though we lost the game.. Jim Kelly comes running back out the tunnel after he was hurt. I never go so pumped in my life.. Techincally, not a play though, huh..

I'd say Jimbo's plunge to beat the Fish

Amare
07-26-2006, 11:56 PM
The toss to thurman, reverse to reed, lateral to kelly, and then a bomb to bebe!

CuseJetsFan83
07-27-2006, 12:16 AM
the best positive bills play to me, would probably be a tie between a simple field goal to cap off the "impossible" comeback against the oilers in the playoffs many moons ago...... and beebe chasing down the showboating lett

the worst bills play is still the music city facade

Amare
07-27-2006, 12:27 AM
^ That wasn't 4 a super bowl!

jamze132
07-27-2006, 04:18 AM
I would have to say Kelly's dive into the endzone.

NorthCarBills
07-27-2006, 07:05 AM
Too many, but you I have to highlight Flutie rolling out and making that offensive block and all of the Bills bench laughed and got pumped.

Devin
07-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Id have to give it some serious thought, strattons hit is up there.

4th and 5 against the oilers, Bills go for it. Reich hits Reed for a 20 yard TD.

OpIv37
07-27-2006, 10:04 AM
You could go on for hours about this, but I'd have to go with Beebe knocking the ball away from Lett. I miss that sense of determination despite insurmountable odds- it was severely lacking.

The worst play in Bills history is, without a doubt, the Music City Mirage. If you could trace the current state of the Bills to one moment, that's it right there.

BigGabes23
07-27-2006, 10:22 AM
31 yard TD run By Thurman in Super Bowl XXV.....

patmoran2006
07-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Winning the coin toss in the AFC Championship against the Raiders.

The game was over after that.

R. Rich
07-27-2006, 11:29 AM
The best one is the one we haven't seen yet.....

the QB taking a knee @ the end of the 4th quarter in the Super Bowl when we're ahead.

Billsrock4life
07-27-2006, 11:33 AM
My favorite is Bebee chasing down Leon Lett and Kenny Davis near touchdown run in the oilers game

justasportsfan
07-27-2006, 11:36 AM
The bills OL parting like the red sea so Rob gets sacked.

BillsNick
07-27-2006, 11:44 AM
You could go on for hours about this, but I'd have to go with Beebe knocking the ball away from Lett. I miss that sense of determination despite insurmountable odds- it was severely lacking.

:bf1: I couldn't agree more.

Don Beebe running his a$$ off the length of the field to knock that ball out of Lett's hands personifies what they were about.

And another thing, nobody remembers the score of that game, but EVERYONE remembers that play.

"Nice par, David" - Tincup

bigbub2352
07-27-2006, 12:26 PM
The hit Shane Conlan put on Al Toon in the home game Jets vs Bills early 90's, also Fred Smerlas blocking the feild goal against the Jets to allow us to win our first AFC East Division title i billieve it was 88-89 those are my favorites

Drive 4 Five
07-27-2006, 12:37 PM
There are far far too many to count but the first that came to mind was the boot leg from Doug Flutie against Jax for a TD that sparked a beautiful run to the playoffs and brought so much magic and excitement that really gave this franchise life again, something we haven't seen since.

realdealryan
07-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Winning the coin toss in the AFC Championship against the Raiders.

The game was over after that.

...that's my second favorite game after the Comeback.

Favorite play....how about favorite play of last year? I like McGee's interception return for a touchdown against Palmer. Seesaw game against a decent team on their turf capped by one great play.

L.A. Playa
07-27-2006, 02:00 PM
O.J. 's sliding on the turf getting up and gaining more yards run

Earthquake Enyart
07-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Personally, my favorite play was in 1980. BIlls - fish. I can't remember whether it was Haslett or Shane Nelson who just nailed Csonka on a swing pass for a big loss.

Set the tone for finally beating the GD fish.

Worst play without a doubt was wide right. There is no discussion.

gil
07-27-2006, 02:03 PM
I think it was 1990 - we were down to the Broncos early in the season and they were about to kick to get more when Odomes blocked the kick and Biscuit ran it back 80 yds for the TD

The_Philster
07-27-2006, 03:44 PM
1994 in Miami...WR reverse option that worked...Reed went out to the right and nailed Billy Brooks for a 35 yard gain

L.A. Playa
07-27-2006, 03:48 PM
how about the Joe ferguson to Roland Hooks hail mary to win the game against the Patriots

Dr. Lecter
07-27-2006, 04:41 PM
I was thinking about that one too Playa. An early memory for me.

The Kelly dive was great too, as was Sam Adams TD run in the 31-0 victory over the Pats in the opener a few years back.

ublinkwescore
07-27-2006, 04:44 PM
I've got one...

Bruce Smith stuffing Barry Sanders in the End Zone for a Safety - becoming the only player in NFL History to get a Safety on Barry...

Or better yet - Bruce's Safety in the Superbowl against the Giants - the only Safety in Superbowl history.

The_Philster
07-27-2006, 05:39 PM
I've got one...

Bruce Smith stuffing Barry Sanders in the End Zone for a Safety - becoming the only player in NFL History to get a Safety on Barry...:clap: I loved that one...it was right in front of me. I think we had the whole section making the safety sign before the play started. :D

BillyT92679
07-27-2006, 05:53 PM
I've got one...

Bruce Smith stuffing Barry Sanders in the End Zone for a Safety - becoming the only player in NFL History to get a Safety on Barry...

Or better yet - Bruce's Safety in the Superbowl against the Giants - the only Safety in Superbowl history.
the safety on Hostetler was simultaneously one of the best and worst plays in Bills history
best for getting them points in the SB
worst, because Hostetler didn't fumble

shelby
07-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Sam Adams TD run in the 31-0 victory over the Pats in the opener a few years back.

:10:

The_Philster
07-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Sam Adams TD run in the 31-0 victory over the Pats in the opener a few years back.I think the best part about that was how Wys was still laughing his ass off about it after the game :laughter:

Jan Reimers
07-27-2006, 06:33 PM
I love all the plays that have been mentioned, but for me, it's still Stratton's hit on Lincoln. It was back in the old daye, but it won us an AFC Championship. And I was a much younger man. . .

X-Era
07-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Stratton's hit on Lincoln in the AFL Championship Game? Kelly's final-play lunge for a TD to beat Miami? How about Beebe chasing down Lett to prevent the touchdown in the Super Bowl?

What is your favorite single Bills' play of all time?

Even though it was called back on a penalty, I felt some serious love for McGahee when he hurdled that (Rams I think?) close to the sidleine and ran for another say 20 yards for a TD!

A seriously sick move.

I remember a Andre Reed LONG TD catch where another Bill pushed him into the endzone, he was running out of steam.

I also remember a Fins game where they were headed to the playoofs, we werent but we had like a half dozen turn overs including Beebe stripping the ball back after having stripped for what would have been a long turnover TD.

Cant remember all the details on these but they were memorable.

YardRat
07-27-2006, 08:13 PM
The onside kick against Houston in the comeback game that Christie recovered.

BillsPride12
07-27-2006, 09:27 PM
I think it was 1990 - we were down to the Broncos early in the season and they were about to kick to get more when Odomes blocked the kick and Biscuit ran it back 80 yds for the TD

Great choice:bf1:
<!-- / message -->

ublinkwescore
07-28-2006, 05:22 PM
I think the best part about that was how Wys was still laughing his ass off about it after the game :laughter:

I loved that play too.

I loved all the material that it gave announcers... like "He's lucky he didn't draw a delay of game flag on his way to the endzone", or "Now he's gonna go suck up all the bugs on the sideline".

Richard Gozinya
07-28-2006, 05:31 PM

That game was sick. I was in the Bob Uecker seats for that one, but it was still insane. I've never seen such a dramatic turnaround that wasn't in the WWF or a Popeye cartoon.

Rich Stadium was going berserk that fine afternoon.

When Bruce sacked Elway on 2 consecutive plays deep in Denver territory, it may have been the loudest that stadium has ever been.

What a great memory.

ublinkwescore
07-28-2006, 05:43 PM
:bf1: I couldn't agree more.

Don Beebe running his a$$ off the length of the field to knock that ball out of Lett's hands personifies what they were about.

And another thing, nobody remembers the score of that game, but EVERYONE remembers that play.

"Nice par, David" - Tincup

I still remember the score from that game... it wasn't pretty, and believe me, I'm trying to forget it - stupid memory...

I will never post that score on here as long as I live.

SABURZFAN
07-29-2006, 05:53 AM
OJ's run that took him over 2000 yards.

Historian
07-29-2006, 07:28 AM
1. Ferguson's Hail Mary to Roland Hooks against the Pats in 1981.

2. Greg Bell's 85 yard td run against the Cowpukes in 1984.

3. Tony Greene's 105 yard int against the fish in 1974. (Called back on a bogus penalty because Shula was on the rules committee)

4. Simpson's 80 yard td against NE in the 1973 opener.

5. Andre Reed's TD in OT against the Oilers, 1989.

Mr. Cynical
07-29-2006, 05:30 PM
1. Beebe-Lett
2. Kelly's Dive
3. Flutie's naked bootleg to beat Jax in the final secs of the game.