X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

ive been going over last years games

and in going over last years games i cant believe how many games we where so badly outcoached and didnt have an answer for what other team was doing. or how many times when we had a lead in second half the coaches pulled in the reins and ran i form big thinking they could run out 15 minutes. my personal favorite from the first few games. is the game vs atlanta where with 3 cbs downs and the falcons up by 1 score mularky insisted on running willis over and over.

Receiver Eric Moulds was unhappy the Bills didn't attempt to pass more against a defensive secondary that was down to three cornerbacks.

"I don't want to second-guess what they wanted to do, but at some point, we have to be able to take shots down the field," Moulds said, referring to the game plan.

just damn comical what our offensive gameplans where.

that being said this is why im very optimistic of this year i refuse to beleive we will have such ineptitude running our team again this year.

if u go over most of the bills games its an ongoing theme coaches had a plan weather it worked or not they kept pounding it.

Expert recap and game analysis of the Atlanta Falcons vs. Buffalo Bills NFL game from September 25, 2005 on ESPN.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: ive been going over last years games

I think it is safe to say that the Bills may never be coached as bad as they were last year ever again.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Mularkey and Clements were an absolutely toxic combination on offense. Gray, who was a decent coach, saw the D die by injury and the total negligence of Tom Donahoe.

I hope we will never, ever see a cast of characters like that again.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        Mularkey and Clements were an absolutely toxic combination on offense. Gray, who was a decent coach, saw the D die by injury and the total negligence of Tom Donahoe.

I hope we will never, ever see a cast of characters like that again.
        I just can't wait to see Ronnie Brown throw a fake-triple reverse-double pump-HB pass deep down the sidelines to the punter!

Comment

• R. Rich
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
          I just can't wait to see Ronnie Brown throw a fake-triple reverse-double pump-HB pass deep down the sidelines to the punter!
          I remember the game where we threw that stupid reverse pass deep in our territory in overtime, which contributed to poor field position and gave the other team the opportunity to hit a game-winning FG.

Yeah, that coach really stunk. Stupid trick plays.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Finally, a thread that is absolutely right on the MONEY.

Last year's team was one of the worst COACHED team's I've ever seen. .In fact, there have been far worse Buffalo teams, but that was the WORST ran team I've ever seen. Our 2-14 teams of the mid 80's were run better.

I was baffled at some of the **** we did last year, an dI'm not even talking the Miami game. Every game after halftime we NEVER made any adjustments.

We were a 9-10 win team with talent last year. This year, I think we have less talent but a MUCH MUCH better coaching staff, its going to make a big difference.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• thecoordinator
              • Sep 2005

so who are you guys going to blame after another 5-11 season this year?

Comment

• R. Rich
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by thecoordinator
                Trolls.

We're always looking for a scapegoat.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

I am just laughing that they got Mularkey. Mularkey and Clements proved how clueless they real are. They had great talent in Pittsburgh which made them look better than they really were. If Buffalo with average talent on offense they sucked royally.

Comment

• thecoordinator
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by don137
                    I am just laughing that they got Mularkey. Mularkey and Clements proved how clueless they real are. They had great talent in Pittsburgh which made them look better than they really were. If Buffalo with average talent on offense they sucked royally.
                    kordell stewart was a great talent?

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by thecoordinator
                      Let us know when it happens. With the division getting weaker and the schedule being more favorable, I don't see the Bills finishing anything less than 6-10. And even just 1 more win is an improvement over last year.

Comment

• billsburgh
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by R. Rich
                        Yeah, that coach really stunk. Stupid trick plays.
                        steeler fans I work with kept warning me about that while they were laughing at me for the Bills hiring Mularkey.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Dolphins fans... you will see what we saw! Deal with it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Mularkey is not fit to be a headcoach. The only way he ever becomes successful is if he stays an OC and has a HC who knows what he's doing. He had that in Cowher.

Now Saban is a tough SOB. The thing is, can he coach the offensive side of the ball? He gave Linehan all the pwoer to make his own calls. Linehan is a proven offensive coach. If Saban can't handle the team offense and leaves it all up to Moolarkey, they could be in trouble.

Word is, Saban said they are still running Linehans system. This means Moolarkey would have to learn Linehans offense.

Another problem with Moolarkey is that he does not know how to build a unit. He might know his X's and O's but does not have the ability to know whether he has the talent to pull it off. This is why Marv probably tried to retain him. "Make him coach but we'll take care of the talent" or he was gonna be a bobblehead and Marv was gonna run things while Moolarkeys contact runs out which is probably why Moolarkey quit.

In Moolarkeys defense, TD went shopping in walmart for players. Not even McNally could do anything with what they bought. The situation was, TD hired someone who was way in over his head as a HC plus didn't have players who could bail him out.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Besides lousy gameplans (outside of the opening drive), Mularkey was also horrible at making adjustments. Should be fun to watch happen to someone ELSE!

Comment

Working...
                              X