PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Sabres sign Lydman to a long term deal!

Michael82
07-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Toni Lydman has agreed to a long-term deal with the Buffalo Sabres on the verge of his arbitration hearing, Sportsnet has learned.

Lydman has agreed to a four-year deal worth $11.5 million.

Despite leading all Sabres players in minutes played last season, Lydman recorded just one goal and 16 assists in 75 games played.

In other Sabres news, general manager Darcy Regier announced Thursday that the club a has also come to terms with Jason Pominville on a multi-year contract rather than proceed with a salary arbitration hearing in Toronto on Friday.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/golf/article.jsp?content=20060727_110348_5548

Michael82
07-27-2006, 10:44 AM
It looks like Darcy is getting nervous about the arbitration judge. So he's locking up everybody. Nice job, Darcy. :bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2006, 11:04 AM
You should be worrying about the Amerks man. The Sabres are BUFFALO'S team!!!

WA WAH WAHH WAAHH

BillsNick
07-27-2006, 11:15 AM
:bf1:

pyrrhonist
07-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Now this is positive stuff. Darcy, perhaps you'll have me rescinding some of my scathing remarks about you yet! :beers:

SpillerThrills
07-27-2006, 12:01 PM
awesome news!!! exspecially since we also locked up Pomminville!!

SkateZilla
07-27-2006, 12:15 PM
It looks like Darcy is getting nervous about the arbitration judge. So he's locking up everybody. Nice job, Darcy. :bf1:

Bout Time.,

lmao we were wanting him to do this BEFORE briere's Ruling...

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Lydman signed a new contract on Thursday morning, just hours before his scheduled arbitration hearing. His new deal is worth $11.5 Million over the next four seasons. Lydman earned $1.9 Million last season.
http://wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=39937

Michael82
07-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Bout Time.,

lmao we were wanting him to do this BEFORE briere's Ruling...
all it took was the arbitrator to award Briere $5 million and throw some higher numbers at some other players to scare Darcy. If only Briere's arbitration didnt happen yet, I bet we would have locked up Briere long term by now. :sigh:

bigbub2352
07-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Lydman was outstanding and he locked him up for the prime of his career, he is an excellent fit for the new system and will be very good for us for awhile excellent job getting this done before arbitration, Darcy in my opinion is doing a great job keeping this young team together, and he is keeping the right people here,
As much as i would have loved to keep McKee he is not worth the 4million that he is getting, even the people in St. Louis are saying that, but Paetcsh is ready to come up and i seen him play in Roch he is very solid, physical when he has to be and an excellent shot and scoring sense

SkateZilla
07-27-2006, 12:54 PM
I need details to balance the salary :) :respect:

jamze132
07-27-2006, 02:49 PM
I'll tell you what, Mikey is right about Darcy being scared of the arbitrator. However there are two possible things that could happen. Briere is signed or not signed. Let me explain. Darcy may relize that the judge is giving outragious figures to the players and he is scared of the hearings and wants to sign the guys with no need of arbitration. Maybe he is doing this because of Briere's $5 mil. which he will pick up. Or maybe he is trying to apease the SabreNation by signing everyone that he can while he intends to either trade Briere or not even pick up his tab.

I hope to God it isn't the later!!!

This is just something to ponder. My conspiracy thearies so don't slam me.

lordofgun
07-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Lydman singlehandedly was responsible for one loss and contributed heavily to a few others in the playoffs. He needs to learn to stop turning the puck over in his own zone. I don't like him.

JD
07-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Lydman singlehandedly was responsible for one loss and contributed heavily to a few others in the playoffs. He needs to learn to stop turning the puck over in his own zone. I don't like him.
Gun, I dont think you watched ANY of the regular season.. So please, dont judge Lydman of a few mistakes. He's worth every penny.