• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Marv is a Genius!

For all of you that wanted Bunkley from FSU, see below complements of PFT

BUNKLEY BUST NEWS TO EAGLES

Profootballtalk.com has caught wind of strong rumors in Philly that unsigned Eagles first-round draft pick Brodrick Bunkley has been arrested for having a loaded handgun on the dashboard of his car.

The arrest, which per the rumors was made by the Delaware River Port Authority on one of the bridges connecting Pennsylvania to New Jersey, happened at least a week ago. An effort was made to get the charges dropped quietly, but prosecutors (we're told) have refused to do so.

Meanwhile, early word out of the Eagles organization is that they haven't heard of any arrest. In response, our source for the rumor says that official news of the charges won't break until Friday.

Marv must have interviewed him personally and new he was packing some heat so he decides on draft day to avoid him at all cost! X-RAY vision comes through again Genius!!!
  • jamze132
    • Jun 2003

Re: Marv is a Genius!

What is it with all these guys nowadays? You are about to make millions of dollars playing a freakin' game and you want to go out and have sex parties, do drugs, put hand guns on your dash boards, get shot, etc.. WTF?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
      What is it with all these guys nowadays? You are about to make millions of dollars playing a freakin' game and you want to go out and have sex parties, do drugs, put hand guns on your dash boards, get shot, etc.. WTF?
      it's because of how they're treated in HS and college because they play football. It's very easy for these guys to get the impression that they're above the law. Unfortunately, that doesn't apply in the real world.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
        At least Marv tries to stay away from those kinds of morons, unlike the Bengals and others.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

btw while it seems like Marv made a good decision here, I don't think the "genius" label is approrpiate. There is no way that Marv knew in April that Bunkley would get arrested in July.

And nothing will come of this anyway. Sean Taylor actually shot at a house in FL over a stolen ATV and he got away with it.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• alohabillsfan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
            btw while it seems like Marv made a good decision here, I don't think the "genius" label is approrpiate. There is no way that Marv knew in April that Bunkley would get arrested in July.

And nothing will come of this anyway. Sean Taylor actually shot at a house in FL over a stolen ATV and he got away with it.
            I don't know, first he knew that LeCharles Bentley would blow out his knee in the first play of the first practice of training camp, now he projected that a DT from FSU would be driving around town with gun on the dash, I don't know but things are adding up to equal GENIUS!! J/K by the way having some fun.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

What are you talking about? Didnt you hear Aloha, he said Marv personally interviewed Bunkely and knew he was packing heat, so he didnt draft him!

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Marv also knew that Ngata is a BK Triple Stacker eating fat ass, and Leinhart is the next flashy bust like Cade McNown, so he didn't draft them either.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

Not to justify his actions in any way, but for those who have been to south Philly, u can understand. Hes still a thug though.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                    Not to justify his actions in any way, but for those who have been to south Philly, u can understand. Hes still a thug though.
                    lmao- I was there for a cheesesteak a few weeks ago. It's pretty brutal.

The Jersey side of the bridge is Camden- that's no picnic either. At one time it was one of the 5 worst places in the US.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                      Wasn't Fat Albert from South Philly? He seemed likeable enough.
                      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Your right he didnt know that, however you can tell a lot about someones character by speaking to them.

I dont doubt Marv spoke with him and was unimpressed.
                        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• footballhottie
                          • Feb 2005

lmao- I was there for a cheesesteak a few weeks ago. It's pretty brutal.

The Jersey side of the bridge is Camden- that's no picnic either. At one time it was one of the 5 worst places in the US.
                          i got stuck in northern nj 2 weeks ago on my way to colo springs because i missed my connecting flight. sucked so bad i freaking hate that part of NJ.

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by footballhottie
                            i got stuck in northern nj 2 weeks ago on my way to colo springs because i missed my connecting flight. sucked so bad i freaking hate that part of NJ.
                            Newark and Hoboken are just plain scary- Newark is the carjacking capital of the US and the Rte 1 corridor up there is in horrid shape (of course, Rte 1 is pretty shady from Maine all the way to Florida).
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                              I don't know, first he knew that LeCharles Bentley would blow out his knee in the first play of the first practice of training camp, now he projected that a DT from FSU would be driving around town with gun on the dash, I don't know but things are adding up to equal GENIUS!! J/K by the way having some fun.
                              Marv probably called this the day he got hired.
                              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Vanek is Austrian not European
                              Originally posted by Prov401
                              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                              Originally posted by better days
                              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X