X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Price is eager to cash in on his second chance

Marv Levy knew exactly where Peerless Price was coming from.

When asked how he'd feel about re-joining the Buffalo Bills, where his first four years in the NFL were his most successful, Price reacted like a teenager just offered the keys to his dad's red convertible.

"Without being phony, he really was enthusiastic about coming back here," Levy said. more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Price is eager to cash in on his second chance

Through the spring, Price appeared as fast as he ever was. What appeared different was the level-headed way he conducted interviews, talking more in terms of "we" than "me."

"I've matured a lot," Price said. "I got married this year. I don't let things get to me like they used to. I used to just react and then wonder what I said. I didn't care whose feelings got hurt. Being older and more mature, it's OK now. Somebody says such and such, I collect my thoughts and go from there. That's part of growing up. That's life."

I was sad when he left, because he was and still is, fast! I loved the Price/Moulds dangerous duo! I hope we have another dangerous duo!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Bledsoe made Price look better than he was. He also thrives with pocket passer. Like Bledsoe or Manning who he had in college.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
        Bledsoe made Price look better than he was. He also thrives with pocket passer. Like Bledsoe or Manning who he had in college.
        Probably, but even with a QB like Vick, Price was good for about 55 catches and 700 yards a year. I'll take that for a #2 WR.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

No reciever will thrive with Vick at the helm.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

You are just a bledsoe lover. I should have burned that life sized cardboard cutout you have of him.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I think with his downfield speed, Price will thrive with JP, too. The guy is still young, and still fast, and more mature, so I really can't believe - as many think - that he has "lost it."

And with his genuine excitement to be back in Buffalo, plus going back to number 2 reveiver where he seems better suited, Price might have a big year.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mybills
                You are just a bledsoe lover. I should have burned that life sized cardboard cutout you have of him.
                You cant deny how well Bledsoe fed him deep though.
                It was all

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Does he feed you deep, too?

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I think with his downfield speed, Price will thrive with JP, too. The guy is still young, and still fast, and more mature, so I really can't believe - as many think - that he has "lost it."

And with his genuine excitement to be back in Buffalo, plus going back to number 2 reveiver where he seems better suited, Price might have a big year.
                    Exactly!

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mybills
                      Does he feed you deep, too?
                      ****ing *******.
                      It was all

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

****ing *******.

Comment

• jamze132
                          • Jun 2003

Price will have a good year!

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

I agree. He has definitely matured since he left. I like the positive attitude. I doubt he will be as good as he was back in 2002 but I think he will be a good contributor to this offense.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Aug 2004

No reciever will thrive with Vick at the helm.
                              I agree. There was a story out of Atlanta a couple of weeks ago describing how, during one of the days of their last set of OTA practices, the Atlanta coaches held A.Crumpler out of the passing drills, which forced Vick to look at and throw to his WRs. When you think about it, that's a pretty extreme thing for a coaching staff to have to resort to doing with a veteran NFL starting QB!

While I have some questions about just how good P.Price can be (was he, as some have said, a product of being fed the ball by Manning and Bledsoe or a competent # 2 WR?), IMHO there is no way that you can hold his performance in Atlanta against him when he was working with a QB like Vick that the coaches had to do that to. When you consider that Price actually put up better numbers during the season when Vick's back-up started most of the games--how many WRs put up better numbers with guys like D.Johnson throwing to him?--you can't put the onus entirely on Price's shoulders.

It will be interesting to see what he is able to do now that he is back with the Bills and playing in a system that should be a lot better suited to his strengths. I don't think Price is a guy that can be relied on as the # 1 WR, but, if Evans can handle being in that role, I think that Price could be a decent # 2 WR. Based on how things went during the first day of training camp, though, it appears that J.Reed isn't going to just concede that job to Price--Price is going to have to earn it, which is good.
                              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍