PDA

View Full Version : Losman, Holcomb, Nall all have shot to start

The_Philster
07-28-2006, 05:05 AM
Jim Kelly made it clear he wasn't speaking as the former star quarterback of the Buffalo Bills and member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

He was a speaking as a Bills' fan tired of the team's seemingly endless search to replace him under center in the nine seasons he has been retired.

"It's back to ground zero," Kelly said. "But hopefully one of these guys will shine and give us a quarterback we've so desperately needed these last couple years. I'm a season-ticket holder. I'm frustrated, too. Hopefully, one of these guys steps up and is the leader that we need." more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060728/SPORTS03/607280412)

jamze132
07-28-2006, 09:05 AM
I love Jim Kelly's insight. Obviously he's a JP homer!

Jan Reimers
07-28-2006, 09:18 AM
God, I hope not. I think it's a ploy to get the best out of JP, and earn him the respect of his teamates by having him "win" the competition "fair and square."

If it's Holcomb or Nall, it will be another wasted year of wheel spinning.

BillsFever21
07-28-2006, 09:33 AM
I want JP to win the job and I think he will. I can even handle Nall. I can handle either one as long as it's not Holcomb.

This team isn't going anywhere this year and even if we had a good roster right now Holcomb still wouldn't be good enough to take it anywhere.

At 33 years old there isn't any sense with Holcomb. He can't help us now or in the future. We will be wasting away another year.

I'm glad Jim Kelly had the same feelings as most of us here. Losman should've been playing. All we did was waste away valuable learning time for him playing Holcomb the last month of the year. We aren't any further ahead then we were last year.

Them extra 4 games would've given JP more time to develop and settle down in the NFL. He was playing much better after he came back the 2nd time around.

And what did the last month of Holcomb get us? 1 win out of 4. We wasted that time. I hope Mularkey burns in hell.

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Last night on NFLN , they were talking about our qb situation. They said that the vets like Holcomb. Moulds was very vocal about it. Losman is cocky. blah,blah,blah. Stuff that happened LAST YEAR.

Obviously NAtional media isn't one to talk because they don't follow the team closely . They need to first do their homework or they are pretty much pulling out info from their ass when they are not up to date on the situation. Moulds is gone, DUH!!!

Jan Reimers
07-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Last night on NFLN , they were talking about our qb situation. They said that the vets like Holcomb. Moulds was very vocal about it. Losman is cocky. blah,blah,blah. Stuff that happened LAST YEAR.

Obviously NAtional media isn't one to talk because they don't follow the team closely . They need to first do their homework or they are pretty much pulling out info from their ass when they are not up to date on the situation. Moulds is gone, DUH!!!
That's why they are always spewing nonsense like, "So far in his career, Losman has been a disappointment, has not shown maturity . ." blah, blah, blah. Like 8 games is a career, and like he had a coach who was willing to give him a chance. And then they fawn all over Eli Manning, who has been given every opportunity, but still basically sucks.

Night Train
07-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Is Losman stays healthy, Holcombs shot at starting is 5,000/1