PDA

View Full Version : Players excited to have Jauron in charge

The_Philster
07-28-2006, 05:11 AM
Shortly after hearing that Dick Jauron had been hired as the Bills head coach, Troy Vincent did what many employees do when they discover they're getting a new boss: He did some detective work. The Bills veteran defensive back called virtually everyone he knew who had either played or coached with Jauron.
"I'm fairly well-connected, so I was able to get a lot of feedback," said Vincent, the president of the NFL Players' Association. "Amazingly, not a single player or coach I spoke with had a negative thing to say about the guy. In fact, I only heard positive things." more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060728/SPORTS03/607280415)

Bills Digest recently sent out an issue exclusively to season ticket holders and some of the stuff said about Jauron in there...you gotta love :clap: Hopefully that translates to success on the field :pray:

jamze132
07-28-2006, 09:04 AM
When word first broke that Jauron was hired, I was kind of annoyed. But the more good things I hear about him, especially from players, the more he is growing on me.

gil
07-28-2006, 09:27 AM
after what the team has been through with Williams & Mularkey, Jauron seems more and more to me like the right kind of coach to bring a fresh atmosphere to the team without all the pissing matches that arise between coaches & players and then the players themselves with young, 1st time head coaches trying to prove how tough or smart they are.

just my opinion based on what I've read about him...

Jan Reimers
07-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Levy was a coach whom the players genuinely liked and respected, so "good guys" can certainly have success in coaching. Let's hope Jauron is another Levy.

Historian
07-29-2006, 07:35 AM
Jauron is a thinking man's coach, who seems to follow Marv's adage...

Let your actions speak so loudly, no one can hear what you're saying.

He's going to do well here. We haven't had a coach and a GM on the same page since Polian was canned.

jamze132
07-29-2006, 07:45 AM
Remember, when Levy first came aboard in the mid 80's, not everyone was sold on him either. And that turned out pretty good. So in Marv we trust, and if he thinks that Jauron is the most suited person to bring back winning football to western New York, then I am with him.

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 09:30 AM
When word first broke that Jauron was hired, I was kind of annoyed. But the more good things I hear about him, especially from players, the more he is growing on me.
Me 2.
he's a good teacher. I hope he's a good leader, selects one QB and lets him lead this team.