Forked Thread: Price is eager to cash in on his second chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Forked Thread: Price is eager to cash in on his second chance

Forked from: Price is eager to cash in on his second chance

Originally posted by MBBedard
    You cant deny how well Bledsoe fed him deep though.
    The strong-armed Losman, if given a chance, should be able to do the same thing. I love the fact that both Evans and Price are burners - as are Parrish and Davis.

That's why we need a gunner like JP at QB.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Forked Thread: Price is eager to cash in on his second chance

I think a lot of the problem he had with Vick came from having the ball delivered outside the pocket. Its simply isnt something he's used too. He is used to having QBs throw between the tackles, so as a WR he always knows where to look for the ball.

As long as JP is a QB first Price will be ok. If JP is running all over the place he will be a 20-30 catch guy.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

I think his problem with vick was vick has the accuracy of a blind man.
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
        I think his problem with vick was vick has the accuracy of a blind man.
        I wonder how long before they let someone over pay for him and start Schaub.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Two problems-

First, JP had accuracy problems last year, and he needs to understand the game enough to find these fast receivers downfield.

Second, JP's armstrength and the WR's speed are worthless if the OL can't give him a solid few seconds to set up.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Op, the latter is why I will never believe Brady is the greatest. Without them..think about it!
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mybills
              Op, the latter is why I will never believe Brady is the greatest. Without them..think about it!
              the QB's play is definitely tied to the OL. I think Brady is good (as much as I hate to admit it) but he does benefit from a system and personnel that's tailored to his strengths.

Now, if Buffalo could just figure out how to tailor a team to the QB's strengths, we might not be where we are right now...
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
              X